Hustle & Flow

Weapon X

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 4 weeks later...

I saw it like a week ago the dude introduced it as "an insight into memphis hip-hop culture" ...........Not true.

HOWEVER .....the movie was dope as fuck and it was kind of positive, tellin kids pimping and slanging dope is not as cool as it seems. i've been waiting for a dope movie that didn't glorify all that shit. overall, not about hip hop or memphis for that matter, (stop by if you want to paint...nashville too check the thread M.E.M.P.H.I.S.) although i think i saw crunchy black...and there was some lil wyte in there in the background.

i recommend seeing it.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah so I happened to go see this movie the other day and since I live in memphis it sold out almost every showing so far, I got in to one finally. It was like watching a movie at your house everybody had some shit to say like "oh shit you see that nigga with tha afro dats curtis that nigga owe me fi dollahs" or when he was rapping and what not everybody would start dancing and shit. This one lady most have thought she was the narrator because she wouldn't shut up until some lady went and "tattled" on her. Alot of it was filmed near my house the scene with the c-store is right by a legal wall. There is only like one handstyle in it, I was disappointed about that. It wasn't a bad movie had alot of cameos or w/e the only thing i didnt like was that the way it ended i mean it wasn't a bad ending just kinda abrupt. Hes kinda like a pimp with a heart of gold if you know what im saying. All in all it was a good movie better than i was expecting and it had somewhat of a nice twist in it. Towards the end when hes talking to the security guards in the jail one of them is played by a local politician that has a crack addiction I know his son and he looks like a crackbaby he even said he was a crackbaby.

oh yeah dont forget haystack he was the dj at the club

Yo JJ when you moving down here?

waaaaaaaaaaaaaack. shit was lame. few funny parts here and there, way to much sitting in the car trying to pimp that stupid white bitch. man i hate black dudes with white hoes. i hate white girls in general for the most part, but thats worse.

movie wasnt what i expected.

ps- his flows were dope though.