1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

hurricane katrina: the european reaction??

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Pfffffffffft, Sep 4, 2005.

1. Pfffffffffft

Pfffffffffft Moderator Crew

hurricane katrina: the european reaction??

Discussion started by Pfffffffffft - Sep 4, 2005

i know that news is reported in a totally dif matter in europe..

what do people think about how America reacted?

are people agreeing with the whole racial aspect of the slow moving evacuations?

do people really give a shit??

i know that people everywhere obviously think this is horrible but i was just curious to hear from a dif point of view..

aussies too.

Pfffffffffft - Rank: Moderator Crew - Messages:
  2. ODS-1

ODS-1 12oz Elite Member

ODS-1 - Replied Sep 4, 2005

I just want to know if the rest of the world gives a damn about us in the US. I know our goverment has done alot to tarnish our image, but has the rest of the world looked beyond that? Are people sympathetic with us (the citizens, not the goverment)?

ODS-1 - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  3. Biggus Dickus

Biggus Dickus 12oz Senior Member

Biggus Dickus - Replied Sep 4, 2005

Most of the middle east probably laughed out loud at this disaster after all the shit we've done to them. The muslims are laughing so hard they're crying at this wonderful disaster that Allah has visited upon us because of our wickedness.

Other than that I'm guessing people are about as concerned as we were in general when the tsunamis hit this winter.

Just a guess.

Biggus Dickus - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  4. imported_Tesseract - Replied Sep 4, 2005

Take it from me,
    Its been broadcasted everywhere and people are devastated, 10.000+ is no joke.
    Everybody believes Bush is a cocksucker just like before katrina. Everyone is amazed that racism is still so strong in America

5. Abracadabra

Abracadabra Dirty Dozen Crew

Abracadabra - Replied Sep 4, 2005

as an aussie, i'm watching the news scratching my head as to why this would happen in a first world country. floods and all that bollocks happen here all the time, and the government gets straight on that shit, no matter who is stranded. bush couldn't organise some trucks with food and water quicker than that? i mean, i'm watching the news like "wtf? hasn't anyone told the whitehouse all these people are dying yet?" it took wayyyyy too long to start the evacuations and get relief out there.

Abracadabra - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  6. SF1

SF1 12oz Elite Member

SF1 - Replied Sep 4, 2005

People need to stop confusing Racism with Classism. Bush himself has black people in his cabinet, rich black people.
    There are white people stranded in N.O. too, poor white people. This isn't a mater of a white government not giving a shit about black people, it's a matter of filthy rich Republicans not giving a shit about poor people (not that the Democrats are that much better these days). And it's not only gonna stay that way...it's gonna keep getting worse untill America as a people stands the fuck up and oust these fucking douchebags for good!

SF1 - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  7. imported_Tesseract - Replied Sep 4, 2005

You're right but it appears you have both in fair ammounts.

8. GEEB

GEEB 12oz Senior Member

GEEB - Replied Sep 4, 2005

some people dont seem to realize that this isnt a race issue, its no ones fault, the hurricane came and caused all this. i have relatives down there and i havent heard from them but im sure thyer not blaming white folks for whats happened.

GEEB - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  9. JohnnyHorton

JohnnyHorton 12oz Senior Member

JohnnyHorton - Replied Sep 4, 2005

^
    you think if seattle was flooded it would take 6 days to get relief ????
    nigga please.

JohnnyHorton - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  10. Biggus Dickus

Biggus Dickus 12oz Senior Member

Biggus Dickus - Replied Sep 4, 2005

When you hit 18 and grow pubes come back and post again, kthx bye.

Biggus Dickus - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  11. Stereotype V.001

Stereotype V.001 12oz Member

Stereotype V.001 - Replied Sep 4, 2005

Holy dogshit, SF with an intelligent post???

Some of the more unsavory reactions I've heard from the European peanut gallery is "Serves those imperialistic Americans right for forcing democracy on the middle east", and even better "This just proves how racist and violent I've been saying America is all along, and they are too stupid to realize it. I'm only in the know because of what a pretentious douchebag I am. I'm going to eat a croissant and ride in a gondola now."

People have also been donating money and extending their good will though.

Stereotype V.001 - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  12. Dawood

Dawood 12oz Elite Member

Dawood - Replied Sep 4, 2005

Yup..........No, seriously,//// In reality, Muslims and non muslims are in trouble...Allah is going to continue his wrath upon us until we return to the truth, No matter wh you are....and I agree with SF about classism. It's not really 100% a racism thing anymore...But racism is def still alive , because , mainly , Some people fit into the negative stereotype that their racist counterpart describes them to be, thus creating more hate because of ignorance and lack of education. When people are educated , they are usually a lot less racist among eachother. Knowledge is Light.

Dawood - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  13. shaolinmasta

shaolinmasta 12oz Veteran Member

shaolinmasta - Replied Sep 4, 2005

Yeah im an Aussie it's all over the news and newpapers there comparing it to the Tsunami disaster that hit Asia, what I don't get is why there so unorganised in getting food and help to the people instaed of just shooting "looters".

I heard that fucked up story about a 75 yr old granny I think and she was with her husband (married for like 53 years) waiting to be picked up on the freeway and her husband died at her feet, shit is terrible. The military and police cars kept driving past and the body is still there.

shaolinmasta - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  14. WhiteOx

WhiteOx 12oz Elite Member

WhiteOx - Replied Sep 4, 2005

Did someone say ten thousand died?

WhiteOx - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  15. DISTRACT

DISTRACT 12oz Member

DISTRACT - Replied Sep 5, 2005

yeh, Im Aussie I think bush is being a cunt and should ask other countries for help. He isnt doing anything to help "his" people, even though death is very evident

All the other countries beside muslim I guess are concerned about this, the french has a number of military ships ready to get out to utah to bring aid to the people but bush didnt want other countries to help.

FUCK BUSH, FUCK ILLUMINATI

DISTRACT - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages: