hurricane katrina: the european reaction??

Pfffffffffft

i know that news is reported in a totally dif matter in europe..

what do people think about how America reacted?

are people agreeing with the whole racial aspect of the slow moving evacuations?

do people really give a shit??

i know that people everywhere obviously think this is horrible but i was just curious to hear from a dif point of view..

aussies too.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Most of the middle east probably laughed out loud at this disaster after all the shit we've done to them. The muslims are laughing so hard they're crying at this wonderful disaster that Allah has visited upon us because of our wickedness.

Other than that I'm guessing people are about as concerned as we were in general when the tsunamis hit this winter.

Just a guess.

Guest imported_Tesseract

Take it from me,

Its been broadcasted everywhere and people are devastated, 10.000+ is no joke.

Everybody believes Bush is a cocksucker just like before katrina. Everyone is amazed that racism is still so strong in America

as an aussie, i'm watching the news scratching my head as to why this would happen in a first world country. floods and all that bollocks happen here all the time, and the government gets straight on that shit, no matter who is stranded. bush couldn't organise some trucks with food and water quicker than that? i mean, i'm watching the news like "wtf? hasn't anyone told the whitehouse all these people are dying yet?" it took wayyyyy too long to start the evacuations and get relief out there.

People need to stop confusing Racism with Classism. Bush himself has black people in his cabinet, rich black people.

There are white people stranded in N.O. too, poor white people. This isn't a mater of a white government not giving a shit about black people, it's a matter of filthy rich Republicans not giving a shit about poor people (not that the Democrats are that much better these days). And it's not only gonna stay that way...it's gonna keep getting worse untill America as a people stands the fuck up and oust these fucking douchebags for good!

Originally posted by GEEB@Sep 4 2005, 09:00 PM

some people dont seem to realize that this isnt a race issue, its no ones fault, the hurricane came and caused all this. i have relatives down there and i havent heard from them but im sure thyer not blaming white folks for whats happened.

When you hit 18 and grow pubes come back and post again, kthx bye.

Holy dogshit, SF with an intelligent post???

Some of the more unsavory reactions I've heard from the European peanut gallery is "Serves those imperialistic Americans right for forcing democracy on the middle east", and even better "This just proves how racist and violent I've been saying America is all along, and they are too stupid to realize it. I'm only in the know because of what a pretentious douchebag I am. I'm going to eat a croissant and ride in a gondola now."

People have also been donating money and extending their good will though.

Originally posted by Biggus Dickus@Sep 5 2005, 12:25 AM

Most of the middle east probably laughed out loud at this disaster after all the shit we've done to them. The muslims are laughing so hard they're crying at this wonderful disaster that Allah has visited upon us because of our wickedness.

Other than that I'm guessing people are about as concerned as we were in general when the tsunamis hit this winter.

Just a guess.

Yup..........No, seriously,//// In reality, Muslims and non muslims are in trouble...Allah is going to continue his wrath upon us until we return to the truth, No matter wh you are....and I agree with SF about classism. It's not really 100% a racism thing anymore...But racism is def still alive , because , mainly , Some people fit into the negative stereotype that their racist counterpart describes them to be, thus creating more hate because of ignorance and lack of education. When people are educated , they are usually a lot less racist among eachother. Knowledge is Light.

Yeah im an Aussie it's all over the news and newpapers there comparing it to the Tsunami disaster that hit Asia, what I don't get is why there so unorganised in getting food and help to the people instaed of just shooting "looters".

I heard that fucked up story about a 75 yr old granny I think and she was with her husband (married for like 53 years) waiting to be picked up on the freeway and her husband died at her feet, shit is terrible. The military and police cars kept driving past and the body is still there.

yeh, Im Aussie I think bush is being a cunt and should ask other countries for help. He isnt doing anything to help "his" people, even though death is very evident

All the other countries beside muslim I guess are concerned about this, the french has a number of military ships ready to get out to utah to bring aid to the people but bush didnt want other countries to help.

FUCK BUSH, FUCK ILLUMINATI

Originally posted by shaolinmasta@Sep 5 2005, 03:55 AM

I heard that fucked up story about a 75 yr old granny I think and she was with her husband (married for like 53 years) waiting to be picked up on the freeway and her husband died at her feet, shit is terrible. The military and police cars kept driving past and the body is still there.

That's because these stupid PIGS are so brainwashed into thinking that the law is the most important thing on Earth (even in our so-called "free country") that they will actually stop rescuing people and let them die because it is more important to them to make sure nobody "breaks the law" even in dyer times as this. They will actually ignor people dieing to bust (or shoot--> martial law) someone for looting. :five-o: :yuck:

Im not sure if this was mentioned in this thread already, but the day it was announced that the levy was broken a rumor circulated that President Bush himself may have orchestrated the destruction of the levy. Possibly for the purpose of having yet another national crisis to have handled under his appointment. Like in the events of 911 the knowledge of a potential dissaster was slept on and could have prevented the loss of many lives. I dont know about you guys but for a guy who's father is and brother are political pirates I wouldnt put it past him.

So as tycoon with a large stake in the oil business there is evidence of a monitary gain. Now as soon as you see "haliburton industries" as the primary contractor in charge of the rebuild, Impeach the president !!

<~~~yankee

What?? You all didn't hear about the BUSHURRICAINEOR2005 machine that blows winds up to 200mph just for the sole purposes of killing black folks in America?? The BUSH administration is behind the Tsunamis too...Got the BIGBUSHWAVEINATORS they just installed out there. They were just testing em' bee!!! Wait til' armageddon.

I heard the Bush administration was creating a half Pig Half human by crossing the DNA so that they can have the ultimate emotionless killing machine to kill everybody except connie rice , Jennie and Ahnold.

p.s. I hate bush too....I just like all the teenage drama

Originally posted by Stereotype V.001+Sep 5 2005, 04:50 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Stereotype V.001 - Sep 5 2005, 04:50 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-DISTRACT@Sep 5 2005, 12:17 AM

the french has a number of military ships ready to get out to utah to bring aid to the people but bush didnt want other countries to help.

FUCK BUSH, FUCK ILLUMINATI

utah-location-map.gif

Good thing the French are on the ball!!!

[/b]

LOL, I missed that...

Paul Martin ( the Prime minister of Canada ) was ready and willing to send " whatever is needed" 4 days ago and bush himself said no thanks that they werent in need of foreign aid at this time.

Also i heard the comparison to terry shiavo in which the US Gov't took less than 24 hours to call its senior cabinet meeting and in this case it took 5 days .

BS.

yeah and I heard of all people, FIDEL CASTRO wanted to send several doctors to the area. Bush should just allow them. Swallow some pride and let other countries help -- it'll help with relations.

But from what I'm reading from Aussies and Europeans, they're all pretty much thinking the same thing we are -- why did Bush act like this wasn't serious. A major U.S. city is underwater and in chaos, along with several surrounding towns and small cities being completely destroyed. How is it that the most powerful, richest economy on earth takes 6 days to actually send rescue and relief. They should've had 10,000+ National Guardsmen, Reservists, and Active Duty soldiers there on the spot as if they were going to war. Bush is so quick to send 130,000 troops to the other side of the world to fix another countries' problems, but doesn't even come half-ass to help its own citizens on its OWN soil. You'd think it'd be 100 times easier and more convenient to flood in supplies and relief workers in your own country, than to another country halfway around the world. New Orleans is predominantly African-American, so it does make you wonder. Had Minneanapolis, Seattle, Boston, Boise, Denver, Salt Lake City, or even San Francisco been hit by a similar disaster, where whites are the largest race group -- would the response have been quicker. And would the media have refferred to these people as "refugees" like they did to blacks in New Orleans, even though they're Americans?

Originally posted by SF1@Sep 4 2005, 09:51 PM

People need to stop confusing Racism with Classism. Bush himself has black people in his cabinet, rich black people.

There are white people stranded in N.O. too, poor white people. This isn't a mater of a white government not giving a shit about black people, it's a matter of filthy rich Republicans not giving a shit about poor people (not that the Democrats are that much better these days). And it's not only gonna stay that way...it's gonna keep getting worse untill America as a people stands the fuck up and oust these fucking douchebags for good!

you hit the nail on the head.

Originally posted by JohnnyHorton+Sep 4 2005, 08:03 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JohnnyHorton - Sep 4 2005, 08:03 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>^

you think if seattle was flooded it would take 6 days to get relief ????

nigga please.

[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-Biggus Dickus@Sep 4 2005, 08:18 PM

When you hit 18 and grow pubes come back and post again, kthx bye.

for all i know, my aunts,uncles and cousins could be dead or not even have a house anymore and you both dont have anything better to say but to call me out on my post.....

there are several political bigwigs that need to assume some responsibility for the reaction to katrina... Bush, FEMA, Louisiana state gov't, new orleans city gov't..

EVERYONE knew that this would happen if a cat 4-5 storm hit new orleans....... what was done to plan for this sort of catastrophy? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

edit: AN OUNCE OF PREVENTION IS WORTH A POUND OF CURE

Originally posted by saraday+Sep 4 2005, 09:29 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (saraday - Sep 4 2005, 09:29 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-SF1@Sep 4 2005, 09:51 PM

[/b]

except...how different is racism and classism...who makes up the class? mhmm. had to win the vote somehow.

Originally posted by Scarekroe@Sep 5 2005, 12:21 AM

yeah and I heard of all people, FIDEL CASTRO wanted to send several doctors to the area. Bush should just allow them. Swallow some pride and let other countries help -- it'll help with relations.

yeah 1,600 doctors specialized in disaster situations..

WTF?? get off your high horse!!

how do you expect the israelis and the palestinians to make peace when

you wont even except doctors when offered...

this just shows the stubborness of bush

all in all im glad to see some of you from other countries feel the way we do here..you think your people are outraged of the slow process??? Americans all over are pissed and are demanding answers.

between this and the war in iraq, our government is spreading its self thin. :hatred:

Originally posted by rental+Sep 5 2005, 12:47 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rental - Sep 5 2005, 12:47 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by saraday@Sep 4 2005, 09:29 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-SF1@Sep 4 2005, 09:51 PM

except...how different is racism and classism...who makes up the class? mhmm. had to win the vote somehow.

[/b]

they are not that much different.