hurricane dennis

saraday

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i evacuated last year for hurricane ivan (cat. 5)... didn't get hit too hard, but better to be safe than sorry.. if it would have hit New Orleans dead on, the storm surge would have taken over the city.

contraflow evacuation (which didn't help at all).. sat 5 hrs in traffic to only go 60 miles west.

P1010092.JPG

ya'er she blooooowssss!!@

P1010298.JPG

wooo

P1010301.JPG

evacuations do suck.. after having my car flooded twice last year (not even during a hurricane/trop. storm) i wasn't about to let that happen again.

the year before last i rode out two back-to-back.. i think it was isadore and lily (I THINK).. those were fun.. missed lots of school and work.

anything higher than a cat. 3 hurricane would take nola off the map if it was hit directly

I don't even want to hear anyone flapper their mouths about hurricane this hurricane that after the shit I went through last year.

still trying to get my life peiced back together

Originally posted by synaps@Jul 8 2005, 07:47 PM

anything higher than a cat. 3 hurricane would take nola off the map if it was hit directly

I don't even want to hear anyone flapper their mouths about hurricane this hurricane that after the shit I went through last year.

no it wouldnt. Nola has gone through worse than categorie 3 and is still alive and well

i say bring it...as long as it doesn't fuck up my truck, i'm game for a little hurricane fun...on the other hand, if it did fuck up my truck i could have a little insurance fun and go from the regular f-150 sport to the f-150 lightening....hmmm.

hurricanes/tropical storms are fun when they're a category 1-2 and they're not hitting you dead on. when the storm threatens your property and belongings and possibly your life, it's nothing to fuck around with..

i've never really had to sit through a REALLY bad one.. but i've seen the devestation on TV. sucky shit.

...many a good nights spent drinking at home during tropical storms.. it's funny when the city imposes a curfew. surreal.

Originally posted by saraday@Jul 9 2005, 12:49 AM

yeah, i forgot about that..

shit wasn't even a "hurricane" either.. tropical storm frances, was it?

I can't remember which it was. ilve tried blocking that time period of my life out like herpes.

all 4 storms that hit orlando were hurricanes. no tropical storms. not that I can remember at least. maybe one before/after the onslaught

Guest imported_El Mamerro

We've been lucky for the past few years in PR. Hurricanes are a blast to sit through and watch, it fucking blows that they completely fuck up the country.

Originally posted by Mr. Chad+Jul 9 2005, 04:53 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mr. Chad - Jul 9 2005, 04:53 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-synaps@Jul 8 2005, 07:47 PM

no it wouldnt. Nola has gone through worse than categorie 3 and is still alive and well

[/b]

the fuck it wouldn't.

when was the last time a cat. 4 hit the nolia head on? 20 odd years ago or so. look what happened then. the levee wall in violet blew out, totally crushing violet and lower meraux as well as pieces of upper st. bernard. parts of the riverbend levee collapsed and stirred up quite a bit of shit uptown.

I don't know if you live in new orleans at all, or maybe you live in metry with all them fancy new canals and levees. but anyone who has lived in nola for long enough would be able to tell you that a storm with enough rain would the city to it's knees.

take tropical storm lilly for example. the storm after kyle (think it was kyle) 3 years ago (maybe it was two). that system kick fucked the city so badly we had triplets.

the river was 21" from overflowing. the lake rose two steps from overflowing and even did pour over in some places. all those seafood joint on the lake around west esplanade were fuxed. the old metairie underpass on I-10 swallowed a u-haul truck, ffs.

I remember the water on our street being so high that it practically came up to my tits. my truck was parked up on a fairly raised sidewalk and my floorboards still got damp.

granted, the rain from kyle right before that hadn't soaked into the ground yet, but it still proves my point.

any slow moving, heavy rain, cat. 4 system would make new orleans the new spring break hot spot...

because nola would have a beachfront.

im in pensacola for this one, i was here through ivan and this storm doens't seem to be as strong when it hits land. we had a few rain bands come through earlier but its just real overcast now. its pretty much a ghost town this shit is creepy :huh2:

Originally posted by synaps+Jul 9 2005, 12:44 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (synaps - Jul 9 2005, 12:44 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Mr. Chad@Jul 9 2005, 04:53 AM

<!--QuoteBegin-synaps@Jul 8 2005, 07:47 PM

the fuck it wouldn't.

when was the last time a cat. 4 hit the nolia head on? 20 odd years ago or so. look what happened then. the levee wall in violet blew out, totally crushing violet and lower meraux as well as pieces of upper st. bernard. parts of the riverbend levee collapsed and stirred up quite a bit of shit uptown.

I don't know if you live in new orleans at all, or maybe you live in metry with all them fancy new canals and levees. but anyone who has lived in nola for long enough would be able to tell you that a storm with enough rain would the city to it's knees.

take tropical storm lilly for example. the storm after kyle (think it was kyle) 3 years ago (maybe it was two). that system kick fucked the city so badly we had triplets.

the river was 21" from overflowing. the lake rose two steps from overflowing and even did pour over in some places. all those seafood joint on the lake around west esplanade were fuxed. the old metairie underpass on I-10 swallowed a u-haul truck, ffs.

I remember the water on our street being so high that it practically came up to my tits. my truck was parked up on a fairly raised sidewalk and my floorboards still got damp.

granted, the rain from kyle right before that hadn't soaked into the ground yet, but it still proves my point.

any slow moving, heavy rain, cat. 4 system would make new orleans the new spring break hot spot...

because nola would have a beachfront.

[/b]

i remember the i-10 underpass at metairie road being flooded like 10-12 feet a few years ago.. that was crazy.

wild crazy stuff