howard stern kicked off air.................

Pfffffffffft

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

a caller, not one of the "cast" said the word "nigger" and they didn't drop it with their delay.

that, coupled with some stuff about sexual acts from i think 2001 were some of the things that the fcc is trying to nail them with this time.

pre janet jackson's boob, it wouldnt have been a problem, but the fcc put the pinch on clear channel to clean up their act and they took preventative measures by kicking the guy off.

Originally posted by freightlover

a caller, not one of the "cast" said the word "nigger" and they didn't drop it with their delay.

that, coupled with some stuff about sexual acts from i think 2001 were some of the things that the fcc is trying to nail them with this time.

pre janet jackson's boob, it wouldnt have been a problem, but the fcc put the pinch on clear channel to clean up their act and they took preventative measures by kicking the guy off.

thats what they want you to think. clear channel broadcasted similar shows for years, they didnt drop stern off their stations until a few days after stern made some anti-bush comments, clear channel helped bush make his first few million dollars.

fuck bush, fuck clear channel, and fuck censorship.

and dont go to any events put together by CC Entertainment , thats clear channel and supports bush :mad:

Originally posted by jazz technic

thats what they want you to think. clear channel broadcasted similar shows for years, they didnt drop stern off their stations until a few days after stern made some anti-bush comments, clear channel helped bush make his first few million dollars.

fuck bush, fuck clear channel, and fuck censorship.

and dont go to any events put together by CC Entertainment , thats clear channel and supports bush :mad:

so bush does have something to do with it...

i was so dumb to think diff.

heres the deal as i understand it:

Clear channel owns hundreds of radio stations across the US. They carried howard stern. Colin Powels son is the head of the FCC. Howard has been on this anti bush campaign, understandably. Colin powels son being in the pocket of the republicans, decided to levy hefty fines against Clear channel, if they kept howard on air. The FCC claims its because of a show howard did. The show discussed in some detail various sex acts. the Fcc decided it was indecent; A thinnly veiled attempt to silence him, and stop the anit bush sentiment from spreading. Clear channel could easily pay the fines, or take it to court and mmost probably win, for prooving indecency is harder than one might imagin, thanks in no small part to Larry Flynt. It is also notable the the FCC holds no real power, in terms of controling what goes on in any prodcast. However the FCC is in charge of issuing liscenses to new radio stations and there in lies the rel issue. When Clear channel decides to continue its expanssion the FCC could foreseebly NOT grant the lisence, leaving Clear channel screwed. So Clear channel buckeled under the presure and cut stern off in many of its markets.

The bullshit lies in the fact that Oprha did a show with the same content os stern regarding sex acts, which were described in detail as well. however no fines have been levyed against oprah because thousands of voting women watch and would be out raged at the prospect of the queen of daytime TV fined for merly talking about issues of concern. Howard however has been the whipping post for indecncy for years so he got it.

it all boils down to the Republicans exerting as much influence over the voting population as well as bow ing to the religous right at the same time.

please forgive any spelling errors.

point taken heavy, but what explination would there be for clear channel also getting a crazy fine for bubba the love spung and his on air so called indecence? im not trying to defend stern, because i cant stand his radio show, i just like to talk about this shit because im a bit of a radiophile.

the reason is simple. the FCC took the whole janet Droopy boop as the spark to start an invigorated campaign to rid the air waves of what it considers to be indecent.

They cant jsut say we dont like howard so they are doing things here and there to spread the crusade.

Another problem is the fcc has NO fluent spanish speaking personel. So stations in florida and and other cities with huge latin populations, get away with murder.

Hip hop stations now play quite a bit of Slackness dancehall reggae; the favorite subjects of a lot of these tunes are burning gays, smoking the weed, as well as using jamaican slang which in cases is very derogetory and bleeped on jamaican radio, but becasue of the accent and the unfamiliar slang goes unchecked here in the US.

I personally think you as a listener can change the station . You as a parent can stop your children form listening to programing you deem unfit for your childrens ears. We dont need the GOVERMENT to parent us. WE DONT NEED NO MIND CONTROL.

Originally posted by heavyLox

I personally think you as a listener can change the station . You as a parent can stop your children form listening to programing you deem unfit for your childrens ears. We dont need the GOVERMENT to parent us. WE DONT NEED NO MIND CONTROL.

heavylox, might as well close this now, you just dropped the straight truth.

i am hoping/praying this will bring back piriate radio to american cities.

to hoever said "fuck a christian society", there is nothing wrong with a christian society, there is a problem with a "democarcy" driven by a single religion.