How were you disciplined as a child?

GamblersGrin

i had a conversation about this topic w/ some people from work today. i was hit w/ a wooden spoon and i would just laugh hysterically. one kid was hit across the back w/ a rolling pin. and another kid, his pops would make him go to his bedroom and undress then the father would come in and spank him. i told him that didnt sound kosher to me. so how were you beaten?

http://www.capitalnewsnine.com/content/top....asp?ArID=77645

Man arrested for using stun gun on daughter

An Albany father has been arrested for using a stun gun on his 5-year-old daughter.

Albany police arrested Daniel Ulacco, 32, Wednesday night after his girlfriend called 911.

Ulacco is charged with assault, endangering the welfare of a child, menacing and possession of a weapon.

His girlfriend, Chenequa Johnson, told police her boyfriend had been drinking, and they got into an argument.

The daughter was taken to Albany Medical Center for treatment.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I was threatened with a leather belt. You know when they fold it in half, grab both ends, and snap it together to make that loud whipping sound. Oh yeah, that sound definitely stopped me from doing whatever I wasn't suppose to do.

My parents don't know the concept of getting grounded. That seems like an American thing. They just yelled at me.

I NEVER REALY GOT HIT..WHEN I WAS REAL YOUNG LIKE 6 OR 7 YEA..BUT ONCE I HIT LIKE 12 MY PARENTS WOULD TELL ME THE RIGHT THING TO DO BUT WOULD LET ME DO WHAT I WANT TO DO AND EXPERIENCE IT MYSELF AND LEARN FROM THEM...BASICALLY THEY TOLD ME WHAT THE RIGHT WAY WAS AND LET ME DO IT ON MY OWN....BASICALLY ILL BUY U UR BED BUT U GOTTA CHOOSE WHERE U WANNA SLEEP...

Metal spatula heated on the stove element was pressed against my skin when I got an advanced math or English question wrong.

Lots of beats; my mom used to even pass me off to her friends when she was too busy so they could beat me. I remember this one woman who I still see from time to time – she was friggin’ brutal!

I had a gym teacher take me aside and ask me questions in grade 4 because I had these huge welts all over my back in the changeroom. Then I had to go to the office a few days later and explain them to the administration. I didn’t say shit, because I ain’t a snitch!

And of course, the dreaded psychological torture so many of us have to undergo.

And they wonder why I dropped out of high school and took up full *time scratchtagging. :lol:

my mom would call the cops on me as i got to be around 16/17. she was all messed up herself. this one time though, i come back home after walking home from a party w/ the dutchman and we were allll fuckered up on mescaline. so this cartoon cop is sitting in my living room. he was fat, his hat was on crooked, he was totally unshaven, and had a fat belly. so im tripped out on mesc trying to keep a straight face as he proceeds to tell me that i made my mother worry and all this junk. weird. yeah, just wanted to share that.

Guest imported_El Mamerro

Hand spank, flip flop spank, or leather belt spank, depending on the severity of my screwup.

Never in the face/head.

I knew WeaponX would be able to top most of us.

I got a few spankings and the occasional slap.

Once I was running around with my head down

pretending to be a 'bull' and I squared my dad by accident.

He cracked me in the head so hard I went flying.

He didn't mean to hurt me, but getting hit in the balls makes people fear for life.

as a adult who has been kicked in the sack,

I can say I would have done the same thing.

back to the topic....

after a few good smacks, all my parents had to do

was look at me funny and wave the hand and I'd shut up quick.

I was a well behaved kid overall.

i havent lived with mom dukes since i was bout 7...always me n my pops...and he is cool as shit....we lived in shitville brooklyn usa. and my pops opended a hole basketball program to get all the kids off the streets...and ran it for over 10 years...till this day some of the scariest grimiest gangbangers see my dad run up to him give him a hug shake his hand and talk to him...u got this semi/fat white guy havin these big black gangbangers talkin with him and chillen with him...hes kind of like a dad to everyone....even came to a few legal walls and checked it out....big up to pops...

My parents brought me up the best way parents could. They got divorced when I was 8, and both of them remained very good at parenting as I knew it. I didn't grow up much with my dad, but he's still the one that gives me the best advice when I need it. I was always taught manners for the table and for being social... so those of you who don't know me in real life, I'm a very polite person. My parents always pushed me to learn and further myself. I did. I wish I had listened better because there's that saying that goes, "The curiousity killed the cat." And I'm a perfect example. Being that I had good upbringing, and still managed to screw up with the legal system. Ah well.... it's all one big learning experience... that will hopefully better my life somewhere down the road.

:lick:

Hell yeah, I respect the parents who teach their kids manners. It’s a very important thing. My parents never taught me, really, but I’m glad that I can honestly say that I’m one of the politest people I know (I should find new friends).

Kilo, I knew you knew because of my background. It’s also funny that you particularly remember hitting your dad in the balls, and the smack to your head that came along with it.

I know this one Chinese Canadian guy who was telling me how his parents used to make him kneel down on rice for hours at a time. Then it graduated to overturned bottlecaps. Ouch!

i had the shit beat out of me repeatedly

and my mom had the fatal flying fist of fury than would snatch the closest object in range and

a] throw it at me (regardless of the distance and how well i tried to dodge it ... she always got me)

b] beat it over my ass

how many wooden spoons were broken in that house is uncountable

Guest BROWNer

i had the rare usualness.

the main thing that has scarred my life from childhood

is the perma-disgust of walking in on my parents humping majorly.

it is seared into my cranium.

Guest Pilau Hands

my grandfather was in the merchant marines for a while and he used to whistle and yell in-between ships instead of signaling for whatever reason. my dad inherited his voice from his father, and i've inherited from him.

him raising the decibel level usually just reduced me to tears as a youngin. booming voice og god type shit. when i did get hit, it was with his hand or belt depending on how bad i messed up. smacked on the butt a few times, nothing really abuse style.

i don't want to hit my kids though. i'd like not to but when it's how you were brought up sometimes the action comes much quicker than the thought. we'll see.

I was beaten with anything that was around...extention chords, hangars, garden hoses, belts, shoes whatever.

Once, when my little sister was about 7, my mother was teaching her about strangers. She acted out this little scenario. Mom was the stranger. She asked my sister if she wanted some candy. My sister, being a little kid excited about candy, went for it. Little did she know, my mom had a big ol knife behind her back. My mother grabbed my sister's hand, put the knife in the air and yelled.."NO! THATS WRONG! IF YOU EVER TALK TO STRANGERS, THIS IS WHAT"S GOING TO HAPPEN (holding the knife closer), HEAR ME?!!"

I had young parents, they had strange but effective methods....I probably shouldnt be talking about this...

My best friend's mother used to beat them with a belt. Her mother called the belt Mr. Leather. Ever so often, when I was over there, I used to hear, "You want me to get Mr. Leather, You want him to deal with this!?"....I thought it was the funniest thing in the world.

oh the guilt trips.

I forget what I did, but after seing my mom cry about it, I never did it again.

I cant even remember what it was it hurt so bad.

Originally posted by Fuck Ya'll

The worse is seeing your friends getting punished in front of you.

My friend got slapped by her mom right in front of me in 6th grade. Her mom is still a bitch.

My friends mother (same one with Mr. Leather) used to act hard anytime she had anyone over. So just about every time I went over there, they would get fucked up or cussed out. Naturally I stopped coming over. Their mother was a schizophrenic.

when i was in like 6th or 7th grade it was like one of the first times i cut school so naturally me n 2 of my friends were paranoid..anyway we go to a store that got arcades in the back..one of the kid's i was cutting with mother walked into the store and seen up playing back there...she came back there and beat the shit out him infront of us had him crying begging..i still bring that up and laugh about it when i see him till this day...

Guest sneak
Originally posted by awarePTA

uhh i wasnt beat,because my parents werent drunk white trash.they would always use the "were not mad,were just extremely dissapointed."

so much worse than yelling.

that line pisses me off to this day.

Originally posted by awarePTA

uhh i wasnt beat,because my parents werent drunk white trash.they would always use the "were not mad,were just extremely dissapointed."

so much worse than yelling.

i agree sneak. i think that when a kid is getting his ass beat he realizes his parents are extremely disappointed and are expressing that disapproval w/ a swat and/or verbal assault.

edit: and oh yeah, i dont think a parent saying aww we are so disappointed is worse than getting your ass beat.

Originally posted by GamblersGrin

i dont think a parent saying aww we are so disappointed is worse than getting your ass beat.

i think u kind of said wron....too see the look on one of ur parents of just straight dissapointment and hurt, hurts much more then any physical hurt

i've been:

- beaten with a yellow pages book

- hit with a chair (dinner chair)

- hit with a phone

- hit with fists

- hit with pretty much anything that was in

grabbing distance

- slapped on so many accounts

- put outside during the winter with only my

boxers on, for 5+ hours

- slapped (again) in front of cops by my dad

- spanked when i was a youngin'

- had things taken away from me

- yelled at/ lectured (one of the worst...)

- and the most memorable... my dad actually made ME take off my OWN DOOR to my room... because i was "always up to something".... soo i lived in my room for God knows how long, without a door... man i was burnt out while unscrewing those hinges.... :o

damn asian parents.....

too many encounters with the police

comming to my house for a reported

domestic disturbance...