How To Make A Taser Gun

GamblersGrin

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Real tasers/stun guns are anywhere from 50k to 400k volts, not fucking 600 volts. All this would do is piss somebody off.

I don't recommend doing this to friends, nor do I recommend doing it to enemies -- unless you can hold the zapper to their necks for at least five seconds. The brief encounter my arm had with it wasn't enough to knock me out, but it did make me weak in the knees. Either way, don't try this at home, kiddies.

Gee, that must be a really fucking slowly discharging photoflash capacitor he's got there. Fucking idiot.

Originally posted by dowmagik

i got shocked when i was taking apart one of those disposable cameras, shit aint a joke.

Yeah i used to develop film at a drug store. I got shocked by those shits several times. The last time i almost blacked out.

Originally posted by dowmagik

i got shocked when i was taking apart one of those disposable cameras, shit aint a joke.

Yeah you can take them apart then get a bar of metal, or even pencil lead will work and drop it across the two points that shock you and it shorts out and creates this magnificent band complete with a flash and a little smoke.

But I did shock myself on one during school, and all I remember was I was sitting at the table then all the sudden I was 10 feet away sitting down. It didnt blast me over there I guess I just freaked out and jumped really far. It was intense.

Originally posted by Dirty_habiT

capacitors scare me....

Yeah man, I'm sure the capacitor in the flash of a camera could give you a nice BIG jolt. Hmm.... I know how to make a few different tasers but I never thought of using a camera.

this reminds me of the speacial tazer editions of COPs..

Bystander: Hey thats my brother - you dont have to treat him like that!(he advances)

Pig: Better use your gun, mine ran out of juice..

Bystander: ZAAAAP! gughguhguhgughgughgughgughguhgAAAAAAH!

Originally posted by B_As_In_Bot

this reminds me of the speacial tazer editions of COPs..

Bystander: Hey thats my brother - you dont have to treat him like that!(he advances)

Pig: Better use your gun, mine ran out of juice..

Bystander: ZAAAAP! gughguhguhgughgughgughgughguhgAAAAAAH!

:lol: I think I saw that one

yeah it's more of a party gag than a real taser...

on the real tip, and this SHOULD BE RESEARCHED AND HANDLED WITH CARE, capacitors come in widely varying storage capacities and CAN kill but using smaller ones, fun can be had...

Back in the day at junior high we used to charge up small capacitors and toss them to people... we would tape off the contacts and carry them in our pockets until we decided on a victim, then we'd remove the tape and say something like "Hey man, here you go..." and toss the capacitor to them. Natural instinct just drives people to catch what you throw to them... funny stuff!

We always just did it to friends but after a while we just tossed pieces of paper at people we'd already hit, they would freak out then too, sense memory I guess... hehehe.

Originally posted by villain

I wonder how much juice that capacitor in a television puts out.....

enough to kill you from what I hear. My friends dad repairs tv's and other random electronics and he was telling us one night about how there is one circuit board int he tv that even if it is unplugged yadda yadda that there is still enough power stored up in the capacitors to shock you to death. Also though by my understanding if the impedence (ohms) is low its not as bad or nearly severe as a high impedence shock.

Six factors determine the outcome of human contact with electrical current: voltage, amperage, resistance, frequency, duration and pathway. I will discuss each individually.

Voltage

Low voltages generally do not cause sudden death unless the external resistance is low (so don't fire up your coil in wet areas). As the voltage is increased, more and more current passes through the body, possibly causing damage to the brain, heart, or causing involuntary muscle contractions. Perhaps 100-250 volts A. C. is the most lethal voltage, because it is high enough to cause significant current flow through the body, and may cause muscles to contract tightly, rendering the victim incapable of letting go. Lower voltages often are insufficient to cause enough current flow, and higher voltages may cause the victim to be thrown clear of the hazard due to the particularly fierce involuntary muscle contractions. Arcing may occur with high voltages, however. Naturally, burns become more severe as the voltage is increased.

Amperage

Greater amperage means greater damage, especially due to heating within tissues. As little as 10 microamps of current passing directly through the heart can cause ventricular fibrillation (heart muscle fibers beat out of sync, so no blood is pumped) and cardiac arrest. Because of the air filled lungs, much of the current passing through the chest may potentially pass through the heart. The spinal cord may also be affected, altering respiration control. 100-1000 milliamperes is sufficient to induce respiratory arrest and/or cardiac arrest. Thermal heating of tissues increases with the square of the current (I2R), so high current levels can cause severe burns, which may be internal.

Resistance

A heavily callused dry palm may have a resistance of 1 megohm. A thin, wet palm may register 100 ohms of resistance. Resistance is lower in children. Different body tissues exhibit a range of resistances. Nerves, arteries and muscle are low in resistance. Bone, fat and tendon are relatively high in resistance. Across the chest of an average adult, the resistance is about 70-100 ohms. Thermal burns due to I2R losses in the body can be significant, resulting in the loss of life or limb long after the initial incident. A limb diameter determines the approximate "cross section" which the current will flow through, (for moderate voltages and low frequencies). As a result, a current passing through the arm generates more temperature rise and causes more thermal damage than when passing through the abdomen.

Frequency

The "skin effect" also applies to a human conductor, and as the frequency gets above about 500 kHz or so, little energy passes through the internal organs. (I unfortunately have little data in the 50-250 kHz range, where we operate most tesla coils. I'll check another reference I have at home.) At a given voltage, 50-60 A.C. current has a much greater ability to cause ventricular fibrillation than D.C. current. In addition, at 50-60 Hz, involuntary muscle contractions may be so severe that the individual cannot let go of the power source. Higher frequencies are less able to cause these involuntary contractions.

Duration

Obviously, the longer the duration, the more severe the internal heating of tissues. Duration is particularly a problem when working with 110-240 volts A.C., which can render the individual incapable of letting go.

Pathway

If the current passes through the brain or heart, the likelihood of a lethal dose increases significantly. For example, hand to hand current flow carries a 60% mortality, whereas hand to foot current flow results in 20% overall mortality. Be aware that foot to foot conduction can also occur, if a high voltage lead is inadvertently stepped on or if grounding is inadequate.

Electrical Precautions

Obviously, the A.C. line voltage, the high voltage transformer and the high voltage R.F. generated by a tesla coil are each potentially lethal in their own unique ways. One must always respect this extreme danger and use high voltage shielding, contactors, safety interlocks, careful R.F. and A.C. grounding, and safe operating procedures when working with coils. A safety key to prevent inexperienced operators from energizing a coil is essential. High voltage capacitors can also retain lethal energies (especially in the "equidrive" configuration) and should always be grounded before adjusting a primary. Whenever possible, have a buddy around to assist you. Place one hand in your pocket when near electrical components so the current won't pass through your chest, and use the back of your hand to touch any electrical components so you can let go if it happens to bite you. Remember that most deaths are caused by regular 110 A.C. power! Never perform coiling when overtired or under the influence of mind altering drugs. Watch a tesla video instead!

Source...

Yeah, DO NOT use capacitors from TVs, computers or car engines... all of these pack more than enough wallop to kill.

We raided primitive boomboxes mostly but even those can have high capacity 'condensors' (a synonym for capacitor) so CARE MUST BE TAKEN! The relative size of the charge CAN NOT be related to the size of the capacitor itself!

The capacitor can be very small but still pack a HUGE wallop...

seriously, do some electronics research before you try this at home!

Also, in regards to the above post... the genral rule in electronics/electricals is that it isn't the volts that get you but the amps... and amperage can be tricky to figure out... so again CAUTION

Archived