How to catch spiders

CIPHER_one

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by flatliner@May 20 2005, 04:40 AM

Did u know the avarege human swollows at least 7 spiders in their sleep without knowing it? Not a night but in your life. Crasy huh? Freaked me out good.

I always wonder how people come up with these things.

How would a person prove something like that?

Anyway add geckos to your house environment and the problem will hopefully erase itself naturally.

Guest imported_El Mamerro

Depending on your degree of pussiness, take either a paper cup or a bucket, and place it upside down on top of the spider. Then slip a flyer or index card, or a piece of cardboard if required, under the cup/bucket. This will be the "lid". Turn it upside down still keeping the "lid" tight against the opening, and tadaa. Spider caught. Launch it out the window or set it on fire with a spray can and a match, Marc Ecko-style.

I caught a brown recluse the other day at a photo studio. I showed them what it could do to some people and they all thought I was the bravest lad in the universe to even go near it.

Guest imported_Tesseract

I like to smash all kinds of little animals on the walls because A) it makes me feel manly and B) insect splashes on the walls are all the rage in interior design this year...

alright

1. The spider is a little too big/fast for some of these methods.

2. If I was able to catch it with a ziplock bag, I wouldn't be asking for advice. I'm willing to do that, I just can't catch it.

Revised question: How does one lure a spider into a trap?

Originally posted by flatliner+May 20 2005, 04:40 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (flatliner - May 20 2005, 04:40 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Did u know the avarege human swollows at least 7 spiders in their sleep without knowing it? Not a night but in your life. Crasy huh? Freaked me out good.

[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-isor357@May 20 2005, 07:29 AM

somebody told me yesterday that they were bit by a spider and developed a large cyst on the side of their face. The doctors thought it was cancerous and when they opened him up there were baby spiders living in his face. its just crazy

Duh.

Urban legends.

:rolleyes:

Originally posted by CIPHER_one@May 20 2005, 10:10 AM

1. The spider is a little too big/fast for some of these methods.

In other words, you are a fucking pussy.

If I can catch lizards, which are infinitely faster and usually much bigger than any spider, with the cup/bucket method, so can you.

okay heres how to do it.

spiders, if u havent noticed will respond to vibrations...so depending on the degree of pussiness again, either with ur hand, foot or a stick, gently tap the ground behind it. it will or should run away from you or the stick. now this parts a bit tricky. lay out a piece of paper or cardboard like someone mentioned above, and try to guide it onto the paper SLOWLY so that it doesnt run off really fast. once u do that, let it chill a while, it usually wont run off unless it has something to run from. then, take a clear glass(its funner this way) and again, quickly place it over the spider. tip the contraption over an there you go, u now have a new spider pet. u can remove the "lid" and replace it with clear plastic wrap and poke some holes in it, and keep it around.

another method may be to get a cup and tie or tape it to the end of a stick. place device in front of the spider. make sure its really close. with the other hand, get something big like a news paper or a piece of paper (w/e) and GENTLY again guide the mutherfucker into the cup on stick. tip over and close quickly with something.

if these things dont work you're either

a) WAY TOO DAMN SLOW

b) not man enough to catch a spider or

c) the spider is some sort of mutant freak thats way to clever or fast for u

either way, these methods have been tried and tested and worked. Ive been catching spiders as a kid for ages, and even do so now. ive caught wasps and bees the way Mamerro suggested as well. So you cant NOT catch a spider the same way..i mean, the thing isnt that fast and cant fly, so you're golden.

Originally posted by Tough Love@May 20 2005, 01:24 PM

either way, these methods have been tried and tested and worked. Ive been catching spiders as a kid for ages, and even do so now. ive caught wasps and bees the way Mamerro suggested as well. So you cant NOT catch a spider the same way..i mean, the thing isnt that fast and cant fly, so you're golden.

Haha, dude, the other day at work I managed to catch a fly and do the whole freeze-it-and-tie-it-to-a-leash thing, with a co-worker's hair. This is, of course, old news for us who've seen the CKY videos, but people in the office were flipping out.