How (the fuck) do I get someone to stop snoring?

ElectricitySucks

Ok. Welcome to my planet of mother fucking never-ending lava-gargling snoring. My roommate, lets call him "Moses" for experimental purposes, snores like a bulldozer on crack. And this freakshow is happening as we speak. Before I try to further diagnose/solve his choking on gasoline problem, I will give you a backround on Moses.

1- Moses is heavily medicated due to an accident about a year ago. Picture this: my side of the room has a computer, alot of books, food, pretty basic stuff. His side of the room is a pharmacy.

2- Moses has a short-term memory problem. When he forgets to take his pills, he forgets things. Last week, he misplaced his iPod...which led to Moses blaming EVERYONE that they stole it. A few days later, he found it in his car under his seat.

3- Boogiehands/I have to be very careful while writing this because I'm writing this as he sleeps/snores...he may have some sort of secret 24th sense of reading what I write in his sleep, which probably makes sense, because he blurts out random "why's?" or "what's?" every once in a while.

4- He sometimes moans, in a sexual way, inbetween snores. Um, anyway.

So what have I been doing to try to solve the problem? I blast music or the tv. The snoring gets loud, he'll wake up and ask to lower it. I do, then he starts snoring again. A repeatable process I can no longer stand. There must be a stop to the maddness. A few days ago Moses was snoring and the rickter scale hit 6.4, so after every snore, I would yell "shutup" or random words. To my suprise, it calmed him down for a few minutes. Then, I would get into bed and before I could fix my sheets, Moses would start snoring again.

This is when I got mad.

After he let out the first big snore, I pretty much screamed "SHUUUUUT. UUUUP."

BAM! I've never seen anyone get up so quickly after being dead asleep. Moses looked at me in the most confused face ever and asked, "did you just tell me to shut up?" Electricitysucks looked at Moses and said, in confusion, "No.." Moses then started to tell "that he could have SWORE he heard someone yell "shut up." Electricitysucks said "no man, I have noooo idea what your talking about, I was talking to someone outside." Moses: um. uhhh. ok. Moses then slowly started to drift into drowning mode in his sleep.

The awesome part of that instance was, he didn't remember what happened the next day. Hahahaha.

So now, I ask of the generous members of 12oz if you have any ideas on just how to get this machine to shut up...without waking him up. Pictures will be put up if anything fun happens.

Thanks in advance.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Have you confronted his noisy ass about it?

First thing's first - tell him that he snores like a train and that it's keeping you awake. Chances are you're not the first one to tell him that..

Maybe it has something to do with his medication, maybe not. An old roomie of mine used to snore so fucking loud it drove me insane. It was bad.. it would get to the point where he was basically choking himself in his sleep with the snoring. He had to end up getting surgery where they lazered some nasty shit off the walls of his throat that was causing all the snoring.

You need to sleep too, so tough shit for old dude if he snores too loud. Gotta look out for #1.

yeah, earplugs

sometimes if you gently nudge a person while sleeping so they will shift positions (see above) that will also make the snoring subside for a few minutes, mayeb long enough to get to sleep

or the apnea thing, but that could require surgery

Originally posted by mackfatsoe@Nov 15 2005, 06:17 AM

I know this doesnt compare, but my roomate's laugh is so fucking annoying I can't stand watching anything remotely funny with him.

Words cannot describe.

haha this reminds me of someone ive been working with for like 7 years who does a "bevis" laugh after everything he says...within the first year of meeting him, i was constantly ripping on him for it. im positivley sure he went to a speech therepist for it..hasnt done it in years.

Originally posted by ElectricitySucks@Nov 15 2005, 03:20 PM

UPDATE:

here i am on the second night and the snoring is still occuring. its been 3 times already that ive said "Moses, your snoring," and hes woke up and said "oh, i cant even hear it." 5 minutes later, the snoring like a snowplow proceeds.

What a fuckin' retard!

Its all about waming up a frankfurter or some kind of sausage to body temperature and rubbing it on his lips when he is asleep, occasionally putting it in his mouth. If he wakes up while you re doing it, just hide it and pretend to be zipiing up your fly, and say something like "don't worry, go back to sleep".