Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

How old is graf

Discussion in 'Third Rail' started by miz303, Feb 2, 2002.

1. miz303

miz303 Banned

If it started around 1970 its about 30 years old so that makes it a baby in art terms right? Its only the beginning! So how could peolpe sit there and say its dead when there is still more things to organize and take over? So this thread is for the people who know graf will be around til we go to another planet then it will be about bombing that moon with a spray truck, what.........nwo bring back goldberg..........peace 303

2. boogie hands

boogie hands 12oz Legend

3. MOOGLE?

MOOGLE? 12oz Loyalist

swish balls in ya face

:D longer baby longer. think in terms of streaks, markers,an shoe dobs

4. miz303

miz303 Banned

........what fuc u

5. tue skinny

tue skinny Elite Member

i just farted and it smells.it smells like this post

6. mapo wc

mapo wc Elite Member

7. Handjob

Handjob Guest

I thought my friend Wayne invented it last year:confused:

8. wakassOATH

wakassOATH Guest

hahah this made me laugh
    and then miz got all made hahahahhaah

9. graffsurgeon

graffsurgeon Banned

graff has been around as long as people have.

10. Daze One Million

Daze One Million Elite Member

11. blahblahblah

blahblahblah Veteran Member

that is retarded on so many levels

12. graffsurgeon

graffsurgeon Banned

im not saying they fucking wrote sob2 and different names and shit but graffiti has been around for ever. what do you think it just popped into some bronx fucks head one day in the 60's? shut the fuck up kid cats werent using paint but kids have been scribing shit since god fucked jesus's mom.

13. blahblahblah

blahblahblah Veteran Member

"graff has been around since people have"

let me explain why this is bullshit. When "people" were at there humble beginnings, they didn't exactly have the mental capacity to do simple tasks, much less graffiti. I'm defining graffiti here as some writing of a nickname or a phrase, done illegally for the purpose of being seen. Do you honestly believe people who were struggling to survive as a species were worried about being recognized by the few scattered band of humans?
    The cave paintings of Lascaux and other places are paintings and nothing more. "fine art", if you could call it that, is in no way graffiti.
    Also, there was no such thing as ownership so there is no way graffiti could have existed until there were laws to say "you can not write on this".

14. Esai

Esai Member

GRAFFITTI STARTED IN LA. My grandpa told me stories of how him and his homies would hit up their neighborhood back in the 30's.That was befor spraypaint was even made. They would take paint and blow it into bugspray cans so it would spray out the paint.ZTechnically graffiti's been around since heiroglyphics, but fools in LA been mobbin to get ups since before any nigga ever touched a subway car,not to diss though.When I visited NY I was in awe at all the graff history

15. Pistol

Pistol Dirty Dozen Crew

Hobo's been writing on freights for a while. But like Esai said writing to "get up" has been around since before WWII out here in LA. People used markers and brushes etc. As far as aerosol shit there are people that feel NY, Philly, even Chicago.
    Los Angeles pre WWII.