HOW NOT TO FAIL IN COLLEGE

BOZACK

ok right now i'm on the verge of flunking out of my dream school. i'm here on a scholarship so if my grades slip i'm fucked. i had to drop my art class which was 6 hours, so now my parents are starving themselves in order to pay for 3 classes at this fuckin place. the classes i'm left with, well i might just fail all of em. i'm thinking about talking to my prof's to see if there is ANY possible way out of failing. what are your experiences with this?? i really don't want to ask for favors cos i know i fucked up & it's my fault, & my prof's already hate me. this probably seems like petty bullshit to you guys but i've always been afraid to approach my superiors about mistakes i've made, plus my parents are hardcore academians and are about to slit my throat and dump me in the river. ADVICE?

so far i've determined what i need to NOT do anymore if i want to be here next sem:

DON'T:

1)schedule 8:30 am classes

2) don't smoke on nights before exams

3) don't get so trashed on a regular basis that your school makes you go to substance abuse counseling

4)don't think that caffiene/sleeping pills are a great idea

5)don't put off switching roommates if yours is crap

feel free to close this thread it goes to shit. sorry

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

damn that sucks. thank god im poor and didn't decide to go to some big name school because college is very overrated. its like a big fucking scam, i know people who are about to finish their 4th year, have obtained average grades but still dont know what the hell they are gonna be doing after they graduate. Plus they have to pay a shit load in loans. I think one of the main reasons a lot of kids fuck up at college is because of highshcool. Sure its your own fault if you make ass backwards decisions but a lot times its because highschool ,esp. public highschools really don't prepare you for college.

Dunno what to tell ya. Find the papers or projects that got you down,

and revise the fuck out of them. Write a letter of apology to your

teachers for giving them a hard time BEFORE you go asking for ways

around failure. Stop smoking. Entirely, or at least until you've made

some headway. And if theres shit you need to know that one of us could

help you with, don't be afraid to ask (just be afraid of some of the retards

who'll answer.)

Get at me some time if you need to talk.

Aim: chr0nicattrition

do try talking to your prof's. im my experience i've learned some will help you straight while others will not. my college time sucked though, i went to a dope school in NC, came back to my girl of 4 and a half years who started goin w/ another dude, transferred to some frat ass bullshit college in NJ and got kicked out w/ 122 credits and a passing GPA bc i got into an argument with some cocksucker dean about a letter he claimed to have sent, but isn't in my file that it was ever sent. ive tried wrtng the college president bou tit even but that fuck up is practically worse than me. fuckin guy is in the news now, not only was he able to get away w/ drunk driving in which the copper detected a strong odor of alcohol on his breath after he hit a car and drove away, but just admitted to cheating on his wife and thats why he left his last college job. sorry for rambling.

Originally posted by GamblersGrin

do try talking to your prof's. im my experience i've learned some will help you straight while others will not. my college time sucked though, i went to a dope school in NC, came back to my girl of 4 and a half years who started goin w/ another dude, transferred to some frat ass bullshit college in NJ and got kicked out w/ 122 credits and a passing GPA bc i got into an argument with some cocksucker dean about a letter he claimed to have sent, but isn't in my file that it was ever sent. ive tried wrtng the college president bou tit even but that fuck up is practically worse than me. fuckin guy is in the news now, not only was he able to get away w/ drunk driving in which the copper detected a strong odor of alcohol on his breath after he hit a car and drove away, but just admitted to cheating on his wife and thats why he left his last college job. sorry for rambling.

yeah i go to a jesuit school and our pres. suddenly resigned 2 weeks ago cos he molested a little boy way back in the 80's. fuckin jesuits haha.

Very simple

I was in your same situation and I managed to get my way back in by appealing. I just wrote a letter addressing my problems and distractions ( I had 4 friends die during finals) and with the proper documentation; newspaper obituaries, and a prescription for lexapro (an anti-depressant) I was finally let back in. Hopefully this can help you out.

Lens' tips For Success

1.Don't drink during the week

2.Don't let your gf give you fucked up news right before midterms

3.Do become freiends with nerds and study with them. Don't laugh, they've saved my ass more than once.

4.Fuck popularity. With studying comes the grades, and with the grades comes law school and with that education Lens' becomes a lawyer, Lens makes boo-coo dollars, Lens stocks up on material wealth and in roll the friends. yah. Bottom line....a good academic record leads to success and if your social life has to suffer for a few years, so be it. You'll be glad you did years down the road when you can afford to have fine assasian sisters both suck you off at once every night (my motivation to do good)

5.Never underestimate the power of black tea.

Guest diggity
Originally posted by LENS

Lens' tips For Success

1.Don't drink during the week

2.Don't let your gf give you fucked up news right before midterms

3.Do become freiends with nerds and study with them. Don't laugh, they've saved my ass more than once.

4.Fuck popularity. With studying comes the grades, and with the grades comes law school and with that education Lens' becomes a lawyer, Lens makes boo-coo dollars, Lens stocks up on material wealth and in roll the friends. yah. Bottom line....a good academic record leads to success and if your social life has to suffer for a few years, so be it. You'll be glad you did years down the road when you can afford to have fine assasian sisters both suck you off at once every night (my motivation to do good)

5.Never underestimate the power of black tea.

definatly pay attention to rule number 2. that shit happened to me during finals and i ended up screwing my shit up beyond repair. if you feel like your professors will listen, talk to them, not all of them are complete dickheads, most have a heart and can understand that your having a hard time adjusting. good luck with getting out of having early classes, always seemed like freshmen get those cause no one else wants them. learn to be a man. wake up on time, if your parents are starving then the least you can do is put forth enough effort to get to class. its not smart to throw away money like that. next time you want to ditch a class, break down how much that class costs and then ask your self if its worth it.

jesus christ its 5:45 in the morning, i am having the fucking nervous breakdown of a lifetime and if i fall asleep i hope i never wake up. when it comes to task commitment, time management and healthy habits, i am the most ridiculousy stupid/clueless person ever to walk the face of this earth and i'm feeling the urge to run to a shrink right now because i am wasting my life. yeah i'm losin' it :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Yo Bozack.......all you have to do is maintain your focus on what might or might not lie ahead........and you'll do just fine.....trust me bro....I've been there and done that....it's tough. I think you'll be okay.....it's life.

OK im jus gonna do the sam thing i did in high skool. 1 befriend nerds and punk them to do ur work 2 befriend fat chicks cuz the only things they kno how to do is suck dick, write papers and , be nice cuz we all kno a fat chick thats a bitch has no friends. and last but not least sell alot of drugs so u dont have to spend any real money. and if u follow these rules u will be rich and at the top of the class. ( if there is no demand for CRACK then make them want it):D

i worte the appeal letters as well to all the people i had to. funny thing is though is that there is a board of appeals that the guy who kicked me out sits on. maybe my reason was not good enough for him, i was addicted to dope hardcore for 4 years...went from a deans list student to just getting by w/ grade d's. one day i knew i was at the bottom of the barrel got myself into rehab, got that implant that even if you do do dope it will not effect you and have been clean for a little over two years. and i went to the college drug counselor ang got letters as well as from my doctors, still not good enough for em. basically i shouldve stayed in school fucked up and eventually passed rather than bouncing out a semester to get cleaned up is how i feel teh school is lookign at it. funny thing is they let me back in too but wont take the grades away from that semester, all f's, even though i got my gpa back up. it all has to do w/ fucking paperwork which colleges fucking suck at.

Archived