Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

How much you willing to pay to floss?

Discussion in 'Style' started by misteraven, Jul 25, 2003.

1. misteraven

misteraven Administrator

With the graff on clothing thread going pretty strong, I figured I'd kick off another related topic that has me interested these days (Especially after missing out on an opportunity to score some Heineken Dunks).

Anyhow, any of you people serious sneaker or clothing collectors? How much is too much to spend to out shine everybody when you go out an floss?

Not even counting gear like Prada, Chanel, etc, it's getting pretty costly if you want to rock some exclusive, limited edition joints that you can be almost sure to not see on every clown you bump into. Brands like Supreme, Bathing Ape, and even some of the small run collabo sneakers Nike's doing all seem to be costing a paycheck or three to get your hands on. Personally, I dig the fact that fashion and art are starting to blur, and that a t-shirt can be as collectable as the latest underground artist made vinyl toy. Though I rarely indulge myself, it's pretty fun to watch the hype some of this stuff generates, as well as the interesting partnerships - ie Nike vs Heineken, Bathing Ape vs Futura2000, etc. Much of it seems to be rooted in graff culture, even if it's not 'graff clothing' as discussed in the other thread. Regardless, nobody twisting anybody else's arm to buy it - as amatter of fact kids seem to be tripping over themselves to get their hands on it. Either way, I think it's cool to see people doing cool stuff, and I really like the fact that many of them are/were writers that have broadened their horizons and found creative ways to flex their talent while making some scratch.

Just curious where many of you guys stand on the issue?

===================

Limited Edition Stash Dunks (37/50)
    USD $1,055.00

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...0&category=1262

[​IMG]

2. Dick Quickwood

Dick Quickwood 12oz Loyalist

i buy my shit at the second hand store

3. misteraven

misteraven Administrator

4. NOUM

NOUM Elite Member

I wear Chuck taylors and Ecko sneakers so I never pay more than $50 for shoes..

5. Dick Quickwood

Dick Quickwood 12oz Loyalist

thats a bad ass hat, i must say

6. taco bell bomber

taco bell bomber Senior Member

hmmm id spend $18 to floss, mabey $18.50

7. misteraven

misteraven Administrator

8. Born Loser

Born Loser New Jack

I get most of my shit for free.

9. misteraven

misteraven Administrator

This is the $79 Bathing Ape shirt mentioned above...

10. unconscience

unconscience Banned

http://www.finishline.com/store/images/products/xl1-95345wbs.jpg'>

[b]Reebok Classics - $49.99[/b]

11. unconscience

unconscience Banned

http://www.finishline.com/store/images/products/xlmr-106twgw.jpg'>

[b]DaDa Mens Classic Avenue - $44.99[/b]

these and the Reeboks are what i have. comfortable as hell too.:D

12. misteraven

misteraven Administrator

no offense, but those dada sneakers are lame. remind me of some old la gear sneakers or something.

reebok's are pass-able, but again, this threads about sporting gear that not every other clown from around the way has on.

13. unconscience

unconscience Banned

14. Gliko

Gliko New Jack

I have etnies that I've probably had for close to two years. And some Globe shoes i think. Not to mention my boat shoes, or mocasins(sp?) to you regular folk. Whatever shirts I like I buy. But I would never fucking spend more than $25 for a T shirt especially when I normally get shirts for free or around the $8 range. Shorts, Khakis, and Jeans cost no more than 50$ a pair. Sa'll good for me. Hoodies are usually free or around $30-60. It doesn't matter what under graments I rock, just aslong as I get support and breathing room. My boxerbriefs do me and my junk right.

15. I have those dunks, minus the drips...next time my marker fucks up i'll be saving 970$

:dazed:

naw, seriously...i agree with you that its enjoyable to see cool shit happening, however i'd never pay that kind of money just for design, my most expensive clothes are ussualy very plain and classic shit that just fit in perfectly and have superior quality that shines, i'd never pay that kind of money for a tshirt with a drawing on it (any drawing) nor did i even cared if some clown wears the same shit i do...on a sidenote, my latest obsession is clothes made for climbers, hikers etc....the technology and functionality on that stuff is fuckin crazy.