Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

How much does a night out cost you?

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by --zeSto--, Oct 21, 2003.

1. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Veteran Member

Inspired by the 'Cost of Living Thread'...

How much does it cost you for a night out on the town?

for myself on a normal night

$15 - a 6pack or a bottle to start out
    $30 - drinks at the bar
    $10 - cover to get into wherever we might go
    $10 - cab rides
    $10 - smokes, gum and a snack

$75

for myself being generous on a big night

$30 - for a case of beer of a big bottle to have at the pad
    $40 - drinks (rounds) at the bar
    $20 - cover charge (maybe at a few places)
    $60 - party favours (optional)
    $30 - cover and a few drinks at the boozecan
    $20 - pitching in on afterhours beer delivery

$200

I NEED to have less big nights out.
    so what's your excuse?

2. LubeItUp

LubeItUp New Jack

25 cents for your mother
    and 20 bucks for a cheap hotel room

3. Poop Man Bob

Poop Man Bob Dirty Dozen Crew

I'll spend:
    • $10 total on cabfare
    • $25 on drinks
    • $20 on dinner (the woman usually pays for her own)

$55

I'm cheap.

4. vinyl junkie

vinyl junkie Elite Member

usual saturday night:

3 pints- $9
    2 pitchers- $14
    jukebox- $4
    smokes- $5
    then i usually end up spending another $10-$20 buying drinks for the bartender, or friends who showed up late, or the girl i'm trying to take home...

total: $42-$52

then after leaving the bar i usually buy 2 40s... so that's another $5 or something...

i have more expensive nights... mainly if i start dipping into hard liquer...
    but they don't often get much cheaper...

5. fatbastard

fatbastard Elite Member

Train Fares- 60c-$1.20

Food- $7.00

Paint- $8.00 (for roughly 2 peices, using budget paint)

when you dont drink or do drugs, night outs are very cheap at the same time can get boring

and when your living on $100 a week you gotta cut corners....

6. StarzAbove

StarzAbove Veteran Member

Damn i pay 4 everything with my girl
    $23 Movie Pack 2 tickets 2 sodas n popcorn
    $5-20 Gas
    $60 Out to Eat
    Around $100

7. im not witty

im not witty Guest

depends on where im at....

like mondays.....dollar domestics. so you do that math, plus 4/5 bucks on foosball/jukebox.

now on the other end of the spectrum, say i just got paid and my boy from philly is in town and he wants to go to the titty bar. well then, the tab could very well reach into the hundreds. not to mention the court costs if we get in trouble after the bars close. haha

8. CinchedWaist

CinchedWaist Elite Member

I don't usually go out to drink...its a fuckin rip off. I usually bring liquor home and drink with friends, so that doesn't apply to this thread....
    however, if i do go out its usually to artsy parties where you drink free wine or kegs where you pay $5. My friend usually drives.
    Other than that, if its a chill night out I might catch a movie ($9) and go out to eat ($7).
    Yes, I am a cheap polack....avg night out= about $16-20

9. ubejinxed

ubejinxed Veteran Member

it depends

if i'm going out with the boy, no money, just make him happy. last saturday he spent $200 on me and my friends.

if i'm going out with the girls

$10-$15 cover
    $30 - 2 drinks plus tip

so $40-$45 a night.

i don't like to spend money on drinks and food since there are so many other things i'd rather buy. liiike my new car stereo and vacations.

10. Devilush

Devilush 12oz Legend

on a normal night:
    $4.00 out the door one for him and one for me - miller high life 40oz
    free - wine at the house
    free - if we eat in
    free - no cover, we usually just go to dive bars
    $60 for beers

$64.00 - so far so good

on a friday night:
    $6.00 for cider for me depending on the store i go to
    $15.00 for 12 pack of bud in can for friends
    free - wine at the house
    free - munchies
    $150 forother stuff, sometimes friends go in on it sometimes its free. so basically party favours
    $60 for beers at the bar

$337 - remember not everyday....usually fridays but people go in on it too. so it's not all on me or the hubby.

last night:

free - food. the sports bar that we go to has sunday and monday night football and food is free
    beer - $6.00
    free - 3 pitchers and 2 jacks and cokes - free because my hubby kicked out a bummy (actually threw him out...he got some distance) that was disrespecting the bar owner. she's a sweetheart.
    $30 - party favors

$36.00 - we decided that he would fight all the drunk bummies from now on.

11. SteveAustin

SteveAustin Veteran Member

I started to do the math on this when I realized I have some killer friends. If I don't have a hook-up at a bar...one of my boys usually does. With that said...I'll maybe spend a total of $20...usually everything is free. I've hooked some of these people up with some design work and they just pay for it a couple of drinks at a time.

the sponsorship gig I've got also hooks me up with pre-drinks...on the freeside of course.

12. nomadawhat

nomadawhat Veteran Member

well i usually tell myself i will keep it under $40 that night but that never happens...

usually ends up somewhere north of 60... and too often north of $100 when it all adds up. drinks, covers, extras, food....

fuck!!!.. living is costing me too much!!!!

13. Jesus Kilo, that's some serious spending...

I very very rarely spend more than $35 on a night out, maybe $50 if I eat out as well. Usually my home is well stocked with beer and hard liquor, and if it isn't, I tell my friends to bring some (I always host pre and afterhours). I seldomly go anywhere with a cover charge of over $10 cause that'll be a guaranteed snob-fest with $7-8 small drinks that I have absolutely no interest in. Well, I'm interested in the incredibly hot chicks that frequent said places, but these are always on the prowl for the Beemer-driving, button-up wearing, gelled-hair-having cheeseball latino neo-yuppies, so my artfag ass has got nothing to look forward to. Finally, virtually no cabs in PR = we drive everywhere.

14. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Veteran Member

glad I'm not the only one who listed that. be honest folks!

15. im not witty

im not witty Guest

ding!