how much are you willing to pay for throwbacks

hot niks

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

well all the mitchell and ness and cooperstown collection joints and whatnot i can cop online for around 80.

but if i want to actually see the jersey itself i know a place where i can cop for about $120 for most jerseys. some are still going to be like fucking 350 though.

my boy just got one for 200 that i found like 15 other places to cop it for 100 in like 10 minutes.

on the fake tip just pay attention to the material used and the logos/patches whatever. if your doing it online best thing is to get a flick of a real joint and the one you want and compare. if you dont see any flaws then your straight.

you can probably find a message board telling about the latest hotspots for finding throwbacks and how to spot fakes and all that shit though.

little excerpt

1. THE SELLER DOES NOT MENTION MITCHELL & NESS OR ANY OTHER MANUFACTURER NAME IN HIS ITEM DESCRIPTION.

2. THE SELLER HAS A VERY LOW "BUY IT NOW" OR RESERVE PRICE. MITCHELL & NESS JERSEYS ARE EXPENSIVE EVEN TO WHOLESALE BUYERS.

3. THE SLEEVES STRIPES ARE SEWN ON.

4. THE FAKE JERSEY SLEEVES ARE THE WRONG PATTERN AND VERY UGLY.

5. THIS JERSEY (RANDALL CUNNINGHAM) HAS SHORT SLEEVES, IF YOU SEE IT IN LONG SLEEVES, IT IS FAKE.

6. THIS JERSEY IS MADE OF HEAVYWEIGHT MESH, IF YOU SEE IT IN POLYESTER OR LIGHTWEIGHT MESH, IT IS FAKE.

7. FAKE JERSEYS COME IN A SIZES 50 & 58. MITCHELL & NESS DOES NOT MAKE FOOTBALL JERSEYS IN THOSE SIZES.

8. MITCHELL & NESS ALSO DOES NOT MAKE JERSEYS WITH STATISTICS OR SIGNATURES ON THEM.

This joint is fly

33_1.JPG

Yeah but I dunno oldschool shit is fresh. Shit these days is weaksauce.

I would rather rock some 89' Jordans than go pick up some moon-boot looking regular Nikes at the Footlocker, feel me?

I guess its where your from too. Nobody around my way is rocking throwbacks really or any fresh shit. They can't afford them and can't find them.

I'd rather roll out with a fucking illnana randall cunningham joint than a brand new TO joint.

Originally posted by Swiffer Jet@Dec 20 2004, 09:31 PM

I remember when you wear something that was considered outdated, your friends would make fun of you for the entire month.

rocking a pair of 89 jordans is only fresh because it's the in thing to do now. 2 years ago, you'd get clowned for it. in 89 it was also cool to dress like kid n play and wear roach killers, but you try sporting that shit now and you'll look like a fool. shirts with big polka dots on em? yeaahhhhhh, that's my throwback shit.

'urban' fashion is fucking gay because theres no actual 'fashion' involved, it's just brands, logos and trends. no thanks.

seeks/my 'throwbacks' are levi's and t shirts.

No I don't wear them because they are 'in.'

Nobody where I live even knows that they are some oldschool jordans they think their just some really ugly shoes they have never seen before.

If I wanted to be 'in' I would go and buy some air force ones.

On the urban 'fashion' tip, I'm glad there is no fashion involved. If I was concerned with fashion I would start to feel pretty homo.

Originally posted by GucciCondom@Dec 21 2004, 03:47 PM

No I don't wear them because they are 'in.'

Nobody where I live even knows that they are some oldschool jordans they think their just some really ugly shoes they have never seen before.

If I wanted to be 'in' I would go and buy some air force ones.

On the urban 'fashion' tip, I'm glad there is no fashion involved. If I was concerned with fashion I would start to feel pretty homo.

every one worries about fashion... even hill billies.... it's just what fashion do you worry about....

everyone wears what they like or what they thinks looks good on them... so thats having some sort of concern w/ fashion...

if you didn't worry about fashion what are you doing in the duty free section of this web site...

Well I guess I just have a different perception of the word fashion.

When I hear the word fashion I picture bitches walking down the runway, saks fifth avenue, gay dudes, and shit like that. Thats just what automatically pops in my head. People getting down with whats hot on the fucking cover of vogue and shit.

The other side of things I don't really see in the same sense.

So I guess its still 'fashion', but not in the way that I picture fashion when I think of it. So thats why I made the comment about fashion.

you were talkin bout popular fashion.........i like to rock the same shit ive been wearin since i was a lil hoodlum.....

but I thinik the prices of these jerseys are banannas i cop em deep n cheap and bring that good price back to the hood for all the dudes that appreciate a nice 300 dollar shirt but would NEVER pay that much for it...........

"Nobody around my way is rocking throwbacks really or any fresh shit. They can't afford them and can't find them."

the throwback jersey was 'invented' in philly. that city is nothing but extra long white tees and throwbacks. city blue is filled with them shits. every shoe store on southstreet has a wall full of classic shoes.

even the broke ass north philly young bols are sporting that shit. try again, son.

seeking you wouldn't even step foot in north philly 'son'

and yeah some cats got em but nobody I know is really sporting a grip of fresh authentic throwbacks. cats might have one or two but they don't have one for every day of the week.

also all those throwbacks your speaking of in the trendy stores aren't fresh ones anyway. especially the shoes too. you need to find cutty places to get the real shit.

but hey seems like your furmiliar with philly, let me know where i can find you next time your in town ;)

Originally posted by EarMuffs@Dec 23 2004, 10:26 AM

also with the mitchell & ness throw backs .....

I think it was Jordan and Labron james never gave out the rights so if you find one its a fake...

i may be wrong on this it was a while back.

YEAH LEBRON, THOSE ARE ALL BOGUS, THERES A LIST OF PLAYERS THEY DONT PRODUCE ON THE MITCHELLANDNESS SITE.