Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

How many piecesa night in the winter?

Discussion in 'Metal Heads' started by CIPHER_one, Jan 6, 2002.

1. CIPHER_one

CIPHER_one Senior Member

I can only manage one piece a night right now. By that time, I can't feel my fingertips. I probably could wait a while till my hands warmed up to do another one.

Oh, could there be a reason why my yard has gotten a huge shortage of freights? We use to have like 3 lines consisitently. Now we usually only have one with like 20 hoppers. Do freights travel less in the winter?

2. Secs Oner

Secs Oner Senior Member

hand+armpit+2 minutes= toasty fingers

3. HAL

HAL Guest

You are required by the rules of graffiti to do at least 10 a night. Anything less, and you're instantly disqualified.

4. Average White Railfan

Average White Railfan Senior Member

thats great.

heres the trick with winter bombing, or at least for me. it dosent get really cold around these parts but what i do when it dips into the single digits is get some cheap bootleg isotoners that fit your hand snug. then wear work gloves over them. it has worked great for me in the times that i've painted in 40 & 50 below temps. also never wear laytex gloves in the dead cold. they make your hand sweat, and if you take it off and expose your wet hand to the sub zero air..well then you've got problems my friend.

5. baLLeRplAyA

baLLeRplAyA Member

forget cold hands......thats what gloves are for. the cold sucks cause my paint never dries......

6. DankLordz

DankLordz Senior Member

ive been rockin 2 a night in some nasty winds and sub zero temps.

7. CIPHER_one

CIPHER_one Senior Member

yeah I've tried the armpits thing, and it does work but only for alittle bit, then my hands freeze up. You know those packs that get really warm when you break them or whatever? what if you wrapped that around your can?

Is that what you were kinda talking about AWF?

8. Frate_Raper

Frate_Raper Veteran Member

Outline can in your pants by your balls...stays warm doesn't get all fuckie on you

those hot pocket things fucking rock! keep one in the bacg with your cans on in your pocket when it's to cold to bare stick the hand in for a bit....

9. another loser

another loser Elite Member

im a loser,
    1 a night.
    the rubber/latex gloves do suck ass as far as cold goes.
    i used some cloth gloves with the little beads on them for grip.
    i would have been fine if my cans werent already cold.
    as for paint bein drippy, i suggest krylon with greydots or german outlines.
    i dont get near as many runs out of those with krylon, and they dont fit rusto.
    but rusto would be hard to stop running anyway (for me).
    i dont like some thick gloves because you cant really feel how much your pushing your spray cap down. then you end up spraying too much, then your dripping, then your pissed.

anyway. thats my $.015 (savin the other half for that sweet lil thang down tha street.)

10. milo

milo Junior Member

those are called hothands or some shit and they fuckin kick ass.. used some fri nite... painted for awhile when my hand started freezin i just threw it in my pocket with the hot hand and in no time i was ready to go.. praise the lord

11. CROW RA

CROW RA Senior Member

:D I did 5 the other night at 3 diffrent spots my older krylon went 2 shit,
    rusto only worked if i used a rusto fat cap, but fuck it ----dont cry becuse its cold out, buy gloves! i wear mywork gloves $1.00 a par.
    they work awsome...........warm hands all nite by 12:35 it was time 2 call it a nite and drink beers!!!!!!!!!:crazy: ROCK'N ALLWAYS!

12. FROSTY

FROSTY Senior Member

yo what are you talkin about hot pockets??
    where can i get some.

i hope u dont me those hot pizza pockets

13. HAL

HAL Guest

Seriously, I normally do one or two a night anyways. We don't have tons of spots, so my theory is to just paint the shit out of the ones I can. I guess I could paint more, but I'm not too into the stamp thing anyways. I suppose I could do three stamps in the time it takes to do one piece, so I guess about 3 a night. If you're looking for a number to compete against.

14. CIPHER_one

CIPHER_one Senior Member

I'm not, just curious.

15. milo

milo Junior Member

haha naw yo.. hothands.. go to your local walmart hit the hunting section and with the gloves and shit aile there are these red white yellow celephane packed "doo-dads" called hothands... 2 bucks for 6 well worth iit