how many of you poor bastards are going to vote this year?

boogie hands

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by ARCEL

look everyone, the Austrailans are having their own little election, isn't that cute!

and unfortunately we're in the exact position the americans are in....a penis sandwich. either way you turn, you're still fucked.

unlike america though, it's compulsory to vote in australia

Originally posted by fatbastard

If we adopt a liberal government you can almost guarentee there will be some new form of taxation, or other plan catered towards the higher income earners.

the problem with liberal for me is although as far as the economy is going they're kicking ass, their attitude towards the unwinnable "war on terrorism" is just ludicrous. i like the 'baby bonus' and these sorts of things, but the problem is with all of the benefits they've bought about, people like me (young, single, middle tax bracket) are getting no benefits at all out of our booming economy other than a job to go to (which is more than most countries, but i want my piece of the pie dammit). the high income earners aren't really better off than everyone else, at the moment young families are getting all the breaks and everyone else is getting nothing.

hecs fees should drop, not rise. there is that much money floating around that i think that the government can afford to cut students some slack.

labour is no different to liberal these days really. although latham is a passionate man (a plus in my book), his policies aren't concise enough...in fact, some of them don't even exist yet. labour also aren't a big fan of the 30% private health insurance rebate, and i fear they'll scrap it as soon as they get in office which will be a huge blow to the public health system, as well as making my job a bit less secure.

and the greens....well, their policy rundown they submitted to the media yesterday was a fucking joke. they get the poop stick

VOTE? Shit yea i'm gonna vote. I hate to sound cliche but you should excersise as many rights as you can. At the rate we're going in this country we won't have any by the time some of us reach fifty.

Many people die trying to get into the US, some of them might be our friends and family and some might remain "unknown aliens". These people may have come for different reasons, but in my opinion it is because conditions in the US are better than many other places in the world. So here we are, with the ability to vote, we don't have to die for this right we just have to show up... what's it gonna be?

That's my two-cents.

Here down under we have to vote other wise we get a fine i think

but im going to 'donkey vote' it. just turn up to the voting booth, get my name ticked off and drop an unfilled paper in. politicians lick ass

^

Donkey voting is when you just go 1,2 ,3 ,4 straight from top to bottom which is why there is such a big fight for candidates to have their name on top of the list.

Anyway, do you know how many countries have to fight for their right to vote, and even so many born and bred citizens are denied because of race or religion? It wouldnt take that much effort to pick up a pamphlet and do some breif reading on which party stands where then make a decision based on that.

MrABC

The health insurance rebate totally put me off labour, guess what else? Im not really for or against this but the Labour government also wanted to implement government housing (projects) into upperclass areas, so you would ultimately have a street/gated community with lavish mansions and stock standard built houses filled with basic trailer park trash. from a democratic point of view it sounds fine and no big deal...but when you think about general human nature i can tell you that this is going to cause BIG problems.