How many episodes will this go? a poll sans poll

heavyLox

http://heavylox.com/uploaded/metred.jpg'>

METHOD & RED

Series Premiere Wednesday, June 16 9:30/8:30c

Popular rap moguls METHOD MAN and REDMAN give new meaning to the phrase “won’t you be my neighbor” when they move to an affluent, gated community in northern New Jersey along with Method Man’s feisty old-school mother DOROTHEA (Anna Maria Horsford). Their next-door neighbor in the posh Nottingham Estates is NANCY BLAFORD (Beth Littleford, “The Daily Show”), a powerful realtor who’s trying to get the community board to evict the rappers, while her 12-year-old son SKYLAR (David Henrie) openly admires the dynamic, but totally laid-back duo.

Late-night parties, hot ladies and heavy bass SUV’s aside, Method Man is a lovable momma’s boy who talks to his pet goldfish, “Goldie.” Redman, the Abbott to Meth’s Costello, realizes they need to connect with their neighbors and become a part of the community.

With Dorothea keeping them PG-13, METHOD & RED change tactics – using spirit, kindness and fruit cake to ingratiate themselves with the residents of Nottingham Estates – to avoid eviction from their new home.

METHOD & RED is produced by Regency Television and 20th Century Fox Television. Kell Cahoon, Will Gluck and Method Man serve as executive producers.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

uhm....this show'll last four episodes on the basis that if they cancel it before then, the network will be accused of racism.

But I don't think you can count on these guys to deliver any real deep humnor aside from cliched humor centered around dope, women and angry black mommas. Yeah, it's all "ha ha, look, they're smoking weed!" for the first five minutes and then what? You've got to have a well rounded repitoire of humor to keep things going and Meth and Red don't have the comedic capacity to keep things fresh and interesting.

Whatever happened to the thugged out Method Man from 1994's Tical? Now he's no more than a leering grotesque with cannabis stuck between his teeth.

there is no way they can sustain this show for too long. This will end the idea that anything hip hop sells.

Im not upset meth and red are cashing in while the cashings still good, but the more you ruin the brand the less the brand is worth in the future.

Guest SayOne

FOX Says:You Have To Watch The Show While Under The Influence Of Reefer!!!

Originally posted by LENS

uhm....this show'll last four episodes on the basis that if they cancel it before then, the network will be accused of racism.

But I don't think you can count on these guys to deliver any real deep humnor aside from cliched humor centered around dope, women and angry black mommas. Yeah, it's all "ha ha, look, they're smoking weed!" for the first five minutes and then what? You've got to have a well rounded repitoire of humor to keep things going and Meth and Red don't have the comedic capacity to keep things fresh and interesting.

Whatever happened to the thugged out Method Man from 1994's Tical? Now he's no more than a leering grotesque with cannabis stuck between his teeth.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

As soon as I saw the commercial that said,

"They put the URBAN in SUBURBAN"

I knew the show would be complete shit. I can understand them cashing in more for the big paycheck, but you'd assume they can tell between shit product and something decent.

Then again, none of us have seen an episode.

Originally posted by Fuck Ya'll

No expectations, no dissapointment?

I'm sure their target audience are a bunch of teens that want the urban in their suburban neighbhoods.

actually i think their target audience are people that understand the sort of goofy over cliche-ing of "ghetto stuff"... i think maybe theres some strand of realization and humorization of the fact they are selling "blackness" and "gettoness" by them and the viewers.. and thats subtly part of the humor... at least thats what i like to think... it could just be wiggerteens though.

Im predicting the show will do atleast a season and a half........I mean look at the Sharon Osbourne show.....Its beyond retarded and thats been on for a while.........This show is gonna make it longer then the magic hour.......HAHAHAHA, it only lasted 6 episodes....

Archived