how long will the USA last?

Guest willy.wonka

Guest willy.wonka

i've just gotten into this talk..

most major empires live for a time period of 500 years.

i hear on how the US troops are fighting the war and coming back and breeding, then going back to war.. sounds like all those gay roman/greek movies i've been watching. history repeats.. kinda like bush's crusade..fighting the un-holy

so from what my younger brother tells me, there are five factors that all the great empires of our past fell. BUT that those empires fell by only 1 or 2 of those factors.

economy

war

and some others we cant name at the moment

and that america has 4 of those five factors on her hands.

i just think thats interesting.

the united states of america is at its peek right now. that or we are on our way to peaking and we have 4 of 5 of danger points

if and IF the united states were to fall, what would happen? how would it start and who would we turn to if the shit hits the fan?

i've always visioned getting a bunch of my friends to get start a tribe and grow marijuana.. building a fence around an area and keep people safe while the world riots. farmlands, homes, women and sex

i say the world cause you know if the USA falls, we're taking the rest of you with us.

hawaii will get some ninja samurai thing going on. since we're cool with japan, we'll own the oceans. soon the world will fear the ocean's wind. the philippines will have our back too

i dont know.. ima hit this stankay dankay

what are you gonna do? wanna allie with the ocean's wrath?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Argh matey...

If you seriously want to know, you should read "After the Empire" by Emmanuel Todd. This dude was one of the few in the world who predicted the fall of the soviet union, and he did it back in the 70s no less.

I don't think the fall of the US is going to entail the fall of the world though... As we speak the major industrialized nations are looking for ways to lessen their connections to us.

Wouldn't it be sick if the millitary leaders formed a coup and said "Fuck Bush" and withdrew out of the middle east and just brought everyone home. Not necesarilly a takeover of the government but just a "fuck you we aint fighting your bullshit war anymore". What would the government do? they couldn't do shit.

I know, I know... it'll never happen.

SF1--

In a Constitutional republic, the military authority is subordinate to the elected civilian authority. The Joint Chiefs of Staff take their orders from the President. We teach this to our children when they are in grade school. A military coup is all but impossible, although I think a good case could be made that John F.Kennedy's assassination comes pretty close.

When I was in the Marines, President Reagan got shot by a nut job named John Hinckley (Hinckley's father was actually on the Republican National Committee.) I don't know if you are familiar with the scene (sometimes they show it on TV) but Hinckley opened fire with a cheap .22 RG revolver, just as Reagan was getting into his armored limosine. (Good thing it wasn't a .38 or Reagan would have been dead for sure.) One of the ricochets bounced off a door and hit Reagan in the chest. Jim Brady, his press secretary, was hit in the head. (Remember The Brady Bill? Maybe not.)

As soon as they announced it on the news, we ran into the squad bay and turned on a TV one kid had in his locker. It was clear that the people in Washington had no idea what the fuck they were doing, everybody was running around in confusion, rushing Reagan to the hospital (they just barely saved his ass) and issuing conflicting reports and stories. It scared the shit out of the Russians, they immediately called Washington D.C. and said "WE DIDN'T DO IT."

Anyway, one of the crazy things that happened was that the Secretary of State at that time, (retired) General Alexander Haig, Jr., went on TV and announced "Everything's all right, I'M IN CHARGE."

Well, clearly this is not true, and every school kid knows it. The order of succession goes, President, VICE-President, Speaker of the House, etc., etc.

There was this moment of stunned silence, and then a young Marine private standing in the back piped up and said, "Bullshit, he's in charge. He's not even in the chain of command. Sergeant KaBar, you better go tell the Gunny." They actually got kind of upset, like "What the fuck? Are they trying to take over the government or what?" and "Well, I'm not taking any orders from anybody except the Commandant of the Marine Corps! FUCK Alexander Haig!"

Anyway, I told them to knock it off, and then I actually did go to the Company office, and told the Gunny, and he looked at me like I was nuts and said "Go back to fucking work. Alexander Haig's opinion doesn't mean shit, I don't care if he is on TV."

Later on Haig said he was sorry, that he was just trying to reassure the American people in a moment of crisis. It sure freaked out the Russians, though. And 17-year old Marines were ready to go whip some ass, if necessary, to make sure that the Vice-President was #2 in the order of succession. Democratic ideals are instilled in kindergarten in the U.S. We vote on everything. ("Who wants milk? Raise your hand. Okay, who wants juice?")

A military coup is impossible. Well, pretty near impossible, anyway.

I'm not so sure that Canada would survive a fall of the US so well seeing as how it's in such close proximity. I've seen analysts say we could get a 15-20% drop in standard of living. Not only does globalization tend to produce regional trading blocks (much to the US dismay) but Canada would no doubt be swamped by an influx of refugees... Moreso than they are experiencing now. I read somewhere that there has been 6 times the amount of immigrants to Canada since the reelection of George Dubya.

And no we can't just run amok on the world. We failed to neutralize the soviet union once and for all (this is arguably a good thing to counterbalance US hegemony) and our aggressive actions have already proven to strengthen alliances between other major powers (namely Europe, Russia, China, Japan). Given our dependence to their real economic power (real as in actual production of goods) all they would have to do is form an embargo on us and we are done.

I think if the Us were to fall in a Military way ie War, Canada would be the place to be and would most likely come out OK .

However

If the us fell for mostly Economic reasons then Canada and Mexico and a bunch of other places would most likely fall right along with them. Our Economys are so similar and interdependant that any major empire-ending crash would devastate them both .

Im still glad i dont live in the US though............

Originally posted by villain@Apr 18 2005, 12:22 AM

And no we can't just run amok on the world. We failed to neutralize the soviet union once and for all (this is arguably a good thing to counterbalance US hegemony) and our aggressive actions have already proven to strengthen alliances between other major powers (namely Europe, Russia, China, Japan). Given our dependence to their real economic power (real as in actual production of goods) all they would have to do is form an embargo on us and we are done.

All we'd have to do would be to seed their soil with some bioweapons and that'd be it.

"We shall seed their cities with the forest itself!"

---awesome mega anime dork points to whoever can name the comic i am referencing.

Guest willy.wonka

startroopers1.jpg

this is the future..you need to join the military to be a "citizen"/ able to vote and shit like that. you see the governmental sign of the eagle everywhere. everybody in the world talks and acts like americans. yada yada yada

Hey, I like Twizzlers, so shut the fuck up. American Idol sucks shit, though. We should export that crappy show to other countries that speak English, and ban it here. Punishment for speaking la lingua franca with a shitty accent and calling me up at all hours of the day and night from India and Pakistan to try to sell me insurance and shit.

Global Village? Not fucking hardly.

The end of cheap oil is going to be the end of western (American)

culture and it's influence around the globe. Once we get to the point

where oil is harder to extract from the ground, the price of it will shoot

skyward so fast it will cripple the markets almost overnight. Plus oil

isn't just for the cars, it's essential to all plastics and about a jillion

other products we use daily. The catalyst that will make America change

is the end of oil, combined with the shrinking supply of fresh water and hydro.

Already canada is damning up rivers to create hydro-electric dams

and we're selling it to the USA with no thoughts of conservation.

I personally think that the people who can live with less will be the

ones who survive the changes. If you can get 'off the grid' you might just do fine.

Guest sneak
Originally posted by KaBar2@Apr 18 2005, 03:28 PM

Hey, I like Twizzlers, so shut the fuck up. American Idol sucks shit, though. We should export that crappy show to other countries that speak English, and ban it here.

we exported it to you first suckers!!!