Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

how long until the masses accept graffiti?

Discussion in 'Third Rail' started by fizm, May 16, 2002.

1. fizm

fizm Member

it seems that lately since the 'elements', whether you agree with that or not, have been thrown around in pop culture, graffiti has been more emergent in pop videos rather than just hip-hop videos. clothing has graffiti on it, or designs by ex-graf artists. since basquiat and others hit the mainstream art world, there's been a growing appreciation of it, but how long do you think it will take before people (in america) embrace it? we've already seen places like amsterdam, copenhagen, parts of paris, etc. not really care anymore.

kind of the same deal with marijuana. what's your take?

2. Ted Wakowski

Ted Wakowski Guest

I'm checking my clock and it still seems that hell won't be freezing over for at least another 376,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 years, give or take a few billion centuries.

3. Wilt

Wilt Guest

4. FoReVeRpHLy

FoReVeRpHLy Guest

anyway the cops can arrest kids they will.whether it will b 4 weed....coke..or garffitti..or shoplifting...anythin they can do,,they will do..so live with it...just keep paintin

5. Pone156tfo

Pone156tfo Junior Member

It seems that corporate America has to some extent accepted Graffiti to sell their crap to the drones and easily sold masses. But when you get to brass tacks and the nitty gritty of painting, no I don't see a widespread acceptance of Graffiti at least in this century. Most civilians accept the prods and beautiful pieces that TATS Crew and FX, UW do for example. I'm just speaking for where I am. When it cums to tags, fillins, ect they can't stand that and will probably never accept it. And I say now as I've always said the pieces/prods & tags and fillins are the right and left eyes of this thing of ours. I always run into the pieces and prod fans everywhere. And almost 8 times outta ten when I ask someone do they like tags an fillins they say hell no that stuff's an eyesore blah blah blah and soforth. But their quick to add but I like the colorful nice stuff even though I can't read it most of the time.

As for weed. I don't smoke for health reasons but if this Government would just wake the fuck up and realize that legalization would just be best for all involved I think we would all be better off. And the tax revenue they could collect from it would probably wipe out the National Dept in about a month or so.

Peace Love and Deodorant

6. ASER1NE

ASER1NE Veteran Member

all they need do is creat more legals , like under bridges that no one goes under anyhow , and that will stop a good portion of illegal vandalism in that area . please believe it .

7. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Guest

graffiti by it's very nature is illegal - that will never change.
    The public may get used to 'graffiti art' because Murals are nothing new.

and we all know that if you put 2 walls together and say
    "ok guys.. this wall is legal, so dont paint on the other one ok?"
    that both walls will be covered in no time.
    Plus it will be a hell of a lot more stressful getting space on the legal wall.

8. Pone156tfo

Pone156tfo Junior Member

One of the things I would do if I won the lottery would be to open a few graffitii parks dedicated to pieceing and whatever.

9. ~KRYLON2~

~KRYLON2~ 12oz Loyalist

graffiti wont be legal until someone makes a million bucks of it

10. Mr Fukshitup

Mr Fukshitup New Jack

I agree, it´s the money that governs us all, unfortunately..

11. fizm

fizm Member

eh, the reason i brought it up is...i was thinking...cities should have departments that declare certain walls, bridges, etc legal, and commission them. for $, unfortunately.

12. duh-rye-won

duh-rye-won Guest

any writers out there who want graff to become accepted by the public need to do something important:

go to your favorite train yard, lay down on the tracks and become a new pic on rotten.com.

if graff was accepted, it would be pointless.

13. Ceso One SAF

Ceso One SAF Member

hopefully never making graff legal will ruin everything.....enless toys enless beef with endless going over whats the point

14. fizm

fizm Member

yeah...i understand all that. i just think it would be cool if there was like one city that was a mecca for it, you know. where it was all legal everywhere. it'd become a tourist attraction and shit.

15. whoami

whoami Guest

I actually hope graffiti never goes legal because they're would be so many masses or retards, toys and just ignorant morons doing all kinds of bullshit, but when its illegal only a few of them are dumb enough to do it.