1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

how long do you last?????

Discussion in 'Metal Heads' started by drug, Feb 18, 2003.

1. drug

drug New Jack

how long do you last?????

Discussion started by drug - Feb 18, 2003

here we go...i knew i'd post this poll sometime out of sheer boredom, since i'm sure someone has already done it. but i'm curious as hell to know how people manage with time all over the world.
    as i've said, elapsed time for bombs and throwups doesn't count. i want to hear how long it takes you to paint a PIECE, that is to say not a silver piece and not a block letter piece.
    this is not aimed at sayin "hey you paint your pieces in one hour you suck" or anything of the sort.....i wish myself i had places to stay an hour in to do wild shit, but as we all know, your train style depends on your yard....(and yes, on your can control too)

peace

drug - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  2. cheesecurd

cheesecurd Guest

cheesecurd - Replied Feb 18, 2003

I'd vote but my spots vary from day to day, situation to situation. I can bust 3 nuts in a row though if she's real talented.

3. krowteN

krowteN Guest

krowteN - Replied Feb 18, 2003

45 minutes....1 hour max for color pieces. 2 tone pieces 15-20 minutes max...thats no bullshit.

it dosent matter how chill or not chill the spot is. i just come prepared and i dont treat it like a fuckin art show. spreadin paint out all over the ground and stepping back to look at my piece after every line.

just paint for christs sake.

4. DankLordz

DankLordz 12oz Senior Member

DankLordz - Replied Feb 18, 2003

Im a one pump chump man, I bust in like 2 minutes.

DankLordz - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  5. beans

beans 12oz Member

beans - Replied Feb 18, 2003

:lol:

beans - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  6. WITS

WITS 12oz Member

WITS - Replied Feb 18, 2003

hahah.. man. what is up with the spreading the paint all around on the ground shit? What if you have to leave in a hurry? there goes all the paint. and the shit is fucked for ever.

I can spend all night at most of "my" spots. dusk till dawn basically. but i like to get in and out as quick as i can. why take 2 hours doing something that should only take 30 minutes? that gives me and 1 1/2 more to paint..
    then theres always hitting a train thats stopped for a minute.
    It really sucks when you are just about done filling in the 3-d and that bitch starts rolling out.. Try painting while jogging slowly. Nope! Doesnt work well..

WITS - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  7. HELEX

HELEX Guest

HELEX - Replied Feb 19, 2003

I could be in my yard for hours if i wanted, But usually dont!I have a few different spots and they all vary!I keep track of what freights are going where and when.this usually keeps me on track and know what cars are on there way out and whats on the way in!Pay attention to a yrd and you will have a way more productive freight year!:)

8. porque

porque 12oz Senior Member

porque - Replied Feb 19, 2003

...all i do is fillins...6 minutes a piece...20 cars a night...everyone hates me around here...

porque - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  9. Sammy Hagar

Sammy Hagar New Jack

Sammy Hagar - Replied Feb 20, 2003

depends on whether i jack off in the shower that morning or not

Sammy Hagar - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  10. Cup 'O Soup

Cup 'O Soup 12oz Senior Member

Cup 'O Soup - Replied Feb 21, 2003

haha but it works... i get stoked when you can stand in one place and finish your whole outer as the train rolls by and out.

Cup 'O Soup - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  11. Dick Quickwood

Dick Quickwood 12oz Loyalist

Dick Quickwood - Replied Feb 22, 2003

wow i didnt know anyone else did that

Dick Quickwood - Rank: 12oz Loyalist - Messages:
  12. FLESHEATER

FLESHEATER 12oz Senior Member

FLESHEATER - Replied Feb 22, 2003

DAYTIME .. 2 OR 3 HOURS
    NITETIME .. NO LIMIT

FLESHEATER - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  13. FlamingHobo

FlamingHobo Guest

FlamingHobo - Replied Feb 23, 2003

i could not imagine spending 2 hours on one piece...that's just not something i'd want to do....i paint my pieces in about 28 minutes...

14. cheesecurd

cheesecurd Guest

cheesecurd - Replied Feb 23, 2003

I spent 2 hours last night and it felt great. it's all about slapping like 30 layers on that shit. step back, admire something, tap the bottle and twist the cap, do something half artsy so you don't feel hollow after doing like a whole slew of shit. and then I did one in 20 minutes cause the front went through and the temprature dropped 15 degrees in 15 minutes.

graffiti writing got me into meterology

15. krowteN

krowteN 12oz Member

krowteN - Replied Feb 23, 2003

i just hate it when the hot water runs out before i finish;)

krowteN - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages: