How long do panels run where you're from?

mawsAA

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest catwash

depends where abouts in europe they're painted.

england we get maybe a week maximum, sometimes straight to the buff

Guest imported_b0b

It varies wildly in London. Sometimes for a day, sometimes for the morning rush hour, sometimes not at all. A few commuter trains on certain lines with money/performance problems have run for a couple of weeks with panels on, but that is very rare.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Fabo 2

In London anything on the tubes seldom lasts longer than a day or two. The hammersmith and city line is the only one where panels can run a week (if ya lucky). Jubilee line trains are taken out of use immedeatly if there's any graff at all on the outside.

i don´t know of trains runnin for ages.. here in the south of sweden the commuters only last one run.. maybe e few hours through the mornin rush if you´re lucky.. otherwise its straight to the buff..

but sometimes if you hit the smaller private lines.. or some of the national lines where they are short on trains.. you can have your panels runnin for a few days and sometimes even for a week or two.. if you´re lucky that is..

Originally posted by Mr. ABC

i think he means passenger trains.

last panel i did was on a brand new train, so it str8 to the buff. the one before that ran for 1 day.

you mean 1st panel not last,remember im reading this too,you've only done 1 panel so take it easy............................

Hm where I live (northern Germany) the S-trains and subways barely see the light. They get driven right to the buff. Most times. Commuter trains, there it depends on the time. Where I live, I once saw a MERRY CHRISTMAS 1998 in 2001, but lately, the railroad company buffs everything. Theres not much left on the trains. So it depends on wether the company has money for buff or not. Wholecars sometimes run with buffed windows for weeks. I once saw a wholecar that was buffed on the windows rolling around for 2months or so.

The long distance trains barely get painted ever.

Any questions left???:D

Originally posted by IVO AKM KILLERZ

you mean 1st panel not last,remember im reading this too,you've only done 1 panel so take it easy............................

2 panels ya goose. the first one ran for a day or so, and the last one went str8 to the buff. exactly what i said above.

Originally posted by Mr. ABC

2 panels ya goose. the first one ran for a day or so, and the last one went str8 to the buff. exactly what i said above.

1st one was unfinished remember??? unfinished panels dont count as panels in case you sudden new born train painter didnt realise that??? i think you better choose to lose than argueing with me about trainz my friend!!!

Guest imported_b0b
Originally posted by hex

not long in london ive like only ever seen 2 pannels

Wow, you are unlucky. I see panels every week and I'm London.

Originally posted by Rodney Trotter

^^^

I heard you write down the numbers too, and tick them off in your Ian Allen book ;->

Went to Milan last year, and caught a Milk (from Germany) panel, dated '95.

lol

Archived