Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

How Lens came up

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Gunm, May 14, 2004.

1. Gunm

Gunm Banned

Last night I went on a mission to my sweet spot and sure enough, there was a fantastic layup. No sooner do I hop down in between two rows of car carriers than I see a very large shape laying right in the middle of the tracks.

"Please don't be a body, please don't be a human head." rings in my head as i cautiously approached.

I kicked it and as my eyes adjusted, it turned out to be a very large backpack with 20 full cans of montana paint inside! I looked up and down the tracks for a sign of anyone and just to be on the safe side, I melted back into the shadows and waited five minutes to see if any writers would materialize and claim their goods.

Five agonizing minutes in which beads of sweat cut little clean rivulets down my yard blackened face and no show of anyone. I went and grabbed the backpack and I made good my hasty exit through aisles of tagged out boxcars. Rust-flaked pieces glared down from boxcars at me like the eyes of a disapproving parent scolding a child for snitching sweets but I was not to be swayed from the goal of reaching my car parked a mile away.

Like an illegal santa high on dope, I vaulted the last section of track and scrambled down a gravel embankment almost stepping on a bloated opposum that looked ripe enough to burst wide open like a rotted pinata left to decy in the hot mexican sun.

I made it home, drank some black tea and went to bed. This morning woke up to a sight that was almost as good as two naked asian hotties in bed next to me: 20 cans of paint.

2. Poop Man Bob

Poop Man Bob Dirty Dozen Crew

^^^

Top 3 best 12oz image ever.

3. fatbastard

fatbastard Elite Member

lucky bastard.

I once came across 15 beltons and ended up trading them for a jacket in one of many of my "no more painting/i quit" phases.

but a word of advice man, use those cans only for whats needed meaning only use them for things that require certain precision and colour, outlines and detail you do all montana peices they will be gone before you reach for your next fatcap....mix them up with your current stock and watch them last and last 20 goes a long way when used wisely, but you probably already know this right?

nice story too by the way.

4. slave_one

slave_one Elite Member

what does the dancing banana mean?

5. if you dont wonk, you dont deserve to know

6. fatbastard

fatbastard Elite Member

well his holding red arrows which indicate closed threads, i think because this thread breaks the "no graff content" rule.

although seeing as its in a hillarious gif form, i think it will slide? yeah?

7. slave_one

slave_one Elite Member

awww man, that sucks.

i feel left out now...

8. CinchedWaist

CinchedWaist Elite Member

you lucky bastard.
    but, congrats on your find. :)

9. <KEY3>

<KEY3> Veteran Member

good thing you said almost as good as 'two naked asian hotties in bed next to me'.

10. Vanity

Vanity Veteran Member

so did you actually paint, or just take the cans and leave?

i found a full can of rusto once while bombin.. that's it though.

11. Hoblow

Hoblow Senior Member

Thats awesome. I wish i could go into the yards to chance upon paint, but alas, i'm on a 6 month probation...never mind probation, lets call it a 6 month vacation.

12. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

a year or two ago, i'm in brooknam with an allstar 12oz line up.... mental invalid, beardo, johnny, secretagentx9, and i believe a couple more people, but i cant exactly remember.
    so we're walking back from the bar catching tags, i look down at the curb and there are two cans of belton just sitting there. not thrown down, like there was some kind of chase, but just sitting there all nice and neat. not bombing colors at all either, like a peach and a lavender or something i think.
    it was totally one of those WTF?! kind of things.

then we go back to S.Ax9's spot, destroy the bodega right next to his crib, and laugh as johnny does scratch tags on some guys rear view mirror, BACKWARDS....you know...so when the guy looks in it, it'll appear.....backwards.

awesome.

(that's my finding paint story)

13. :lol:

14. Weapon X

Weapon X 12oz Loyalist

I went with a friend to a yard once to do freights (I hate doing freights) when flashlights popped on and we were chased. Buddy left his digicam, cellphone, bag, and paint (including a couple of mine) there. We went back carrying big sticks within minutes to retrieve our shit, but that flashlight went off again, moving rapidly towards us.

We went back broad daylight next day and saw everything was packed up and hanging off the train we were hitting up. Nice person, but why the fuck wouldn’t they have just let it be known that they are not beast, or at least not shone the flashlight and let us be?

I fucking hate hitting freight trains, but I like looking at them.

ps - lucky you, lens :cool: