How injured have you gotten doing graf?

Sun Dialect

I was about 18 and I was bombing a freeway retaining wall on the I-78 in Tri-City near Vista, in So Cal. We had killed the wall earlier that night and came back to wreck it more for good measure. We had done like five fillys and tagged the shit out of the upper retainer wall. We went below to the retainer wall right next to the freeway (groung level) and did some throw-ups. That night we had probably spent 3 housr total including both missions. Our luck was running out quickly. We finished up the bombs on the lower retainer wall after being honked at and seen by a million people. We made our way up to the top where we had entered. We spent a little more time bombing the upper section before leaving...We returned to the spot where we came in. As I came around from the wall to hop the fence I saw 7 highway patrol cars lined up with all the cops out of their cars chilling and waiting for our stupid asses. I heard one of them say that's them "Get em'". Shit went down! We started to run to the bottom retainer wall where we had been bombing earlier and to our surprise there was a motor cycle cop patrolling the spot where we had been tagging. We decided to continue down to the freeway anyways. The cops up top were swarming and we had no where else to go accept right into the path of the motor cycle cop. So, as I was running and jumping down this 75 degree angle cliff I made a wrong move and ended up jumping into a drainage ditch off center at a weird angle...I broke my ankle in two places. Needless to say our asses were going to be hemmed up if we didn't keep going so I kept going and got to the freeway. We ran right in front of the Motorcycle pig and I dropped all my cans in the west bound lanes...We jumped the divider and got across the east bound lanes and then proceede to jump the fence into some bushes...Our plans were to take the frontage road to the Mall and get our homie to take us back to the car. Taht was parked near the scene...To our amazement the cops uptop never spotted us and how the Motorcycle Copper didn't see us I will never know? It was one of those nights you thank your lucky stars and are very happy for your freedom. We escaped the cops and a huge fine and jail time for the killings we did that night...I hobbled my crippled ass a few miles to the mall with the help of my good friend. We woke my homie up at 4 am and got him to drive us back to the crime scene where I then proceeded to drive my friend home with a broken ankle...the car was std. transmission and I had to use the clutch with my ankle. Shit hurt bad. We got him home...I got the car back into the drive way before my mom woke up (I borrowed he car like usual). I went to sleep for an hour then I told my moms that I broke it in my sleep. Sleep jumping??? Don't ask. It worked and now my ankles healed and I got a story to tell...so tell me yours.

Peace

-Sun

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My mission was to wreck shop on Washington just westward of northpark by the airport in S.D. It was COLE and me, my girlfriend at the time(one of the dopest chicks) decided to go with us. The target was a elementry school wall that faced towards the street, now this is on a hill so when your driving down the street you look up 150 feet on the side of the cliff and see the schools wall and some homes in the community. We got to our locale and got can ready, shaking quietly!!! We started our outlines and quick fills to set the pace. Looking at it we decided to go big and add charecters. We had already been there for about an hour and we were finishing up and my girl tells me she sees a dog. I think you know what kind of dog it was. "K9". I grabbed my backpack and the few cans that were left astray (never leave evidence). My homie ran to the 18 foot fence and scaled it like a cat running from dogs. My girlfriend hops it like its something she has beendoing for years. Well I dont get so luck and my ecko jacket with these cool little rubber cords gets snagged on a link, I do a nice windmill down to the groud. My beanie flew off when I hit the ground. I picked it up and started to run more when I jump the second fence and cut the shit out of my hand. My girlfriend leaves withouit us, me and my homie have a three mile walk in the middle of the night through shitty as hillcrest "San DIegos GAY COMMUNITY. Both of us with backpacks and paint on our fingers, me bleeding. We get to my friends house and the only good thing that hapened is a nice cold beer. Then my girlfriend comes over and nutures me back to health. The next morning we go scope our steez. COLE arrows CATS arrows and on top it says FITE THE SYST. Sun will know...

CATS - 387

Hell yeah...I know! The pain has a purpose and I wouldn't take any of it back. Are you still bombing shit nowadays...In N.County? I'm sure it's still loked as hell...I wish I could go back to like 94 and stat over again...

It would be fun. Peace

-Sun

Fite The System.

Fuck being polite to a Politician.

Tonight it's a mission to write the vision.

Still loked, theres all the new stores in south o. The Walmarts, targets, etc. etc. The valley has shown the most promise, and of course the usual spots on the freeways. They destroyed that old storage place at the 76/5 connecter.

Fine Tuned Signatures

"Taoism teaches the journey is the reward...

....Catching a rep its ours!!!!

Teach the children

I knew THE dude that fell off the heaven here in Seattle. Dose®.. he was in my high school. It was in the papers and shit.. that kind of shit doesn't happen here as much as it might in Cali.. He was from L.A. and he claimed CBS, but we didn't really believe him. He didn't die.. somehow. He managed to get away (well, NOT get away.. he got caught) with a broken arm and a body full of bruises and gnarly gashes and shit. I don't know how that guy did it.. that's a long ass way to fall!

-> Jedd

i was doing a roller along the missisipi river. i think it was christmas eve. there were boats going up and down the river, but nothing special, but all of a sudden, one flashes a spotlight on me. i grab my bag and the ladder and run. since it's on the river front, it's rocky as hell. i guess my fott got caught and i fell smack on my face. luckily i didnt break anything, just had a big ass scrape along my face. and i didnt ghet caught, so i guess it turned out alright. shit is still runnin, but i've yet to go finish it, ha ha (this is like 2 years ago). other than that. of course cuts on my hands from fences.and other little stuff.

Guest --zeSto--

I died once...

but Yoda reseurected me and said...

"walls paint you must"

Actually the only real shit is slicing my hand open on a fence.

i was in this yard that we did not scope and it was mad fuckin active...but the giant grey fr8 had to be destroyed...so everyone just finishing up when...FLASHLIGHT...comin right down the line...we run like retards in and out of line that are fuckin rollin right underneath my feet...the bulls were all out that night...anyways while runnin i stubbed my hand on the side of a car...no big deal with the adrenaline flowin but when we were headin out i noticed that i split, busted my finger wide open...nasty...luckily it was my right hand

i'm a lefty

hey kiddies, always scope the spot first.

i was with someone who fractured their skull and broke their shoulderblade while painting...the only time i've called 911 and asked an ambulance to come to the site of my latest fill in ASAP

one night my boy and i decided to go paint these freights that were layed up a few blocks away from our house, i swear there had to be atleast 50 of those big gray fuckers all seemed to be brand new....anyways, this was like the chillest spot to paint freights in the city, so we went down there four or five days straight and bombed the hell out of em. so one night as usual we're down there bombin away, and a union pacific locomotive comes down the tracks slow as hell with all of its lights off...(when they go slow, you cant hear em)finally that fucker gets close and i see it, all of a sudden four or five rail workers jump off with flashlights yelling"do you see em" i took of into a bush...but on the other side of the bush was a 15 feet drop off...reminder: it was pitch black i fall down this thing bumping into trees finally i stop rolling down this hill...it took me 5 minutes to get back up that hill...i couldve died....when i got back all of the rail workers were gone and my boy says"where the fuck did you go"

peep the bushes before you jump into em...they could be occupied by a hobo...........:rolleyes:

I was painting with a friend on a 2nd story ledge...just finished my piece when we must have set off a silent alarm. An ADT security van showed up...the guy was yelling, "what are you doing?"

Our only choice was to get down and confront the dude...there was no other way out. We had to jump from a fire escape to some scaffolding about 4 feet away. My friend jumped and climbed down, and the security gaurd was scared and didn't do anything, so my friend started running...meanwhile I was hanging from the fire escape by my hands.

Somehow I jumped to the scaffolding, grabbed hold of a bar with my hands, but my feet continued to swing forward so that I was parallel to the ground...I slipped and landed flat on my back from 18 feet off the ground and I could barely walk.

I ended up limping away while the security gaurd watched, absolutely horrified by seeing me fall. I went to a hospital and ended up with a broken elbow and never got in any trouble for it.

i always get scrapes on the bottom of my forearms from climbing shit. trees, concreet, fences etc... every morning i come out of my room after bombing, my roommates see all the scrapes on my arms and they know already : "paint last night?"

but no, no major injuries

Guest wakassOATH

being drunk and bombing a school, i was standing on one of those metal grabage cans ..drunk of my ass i accudentaly put both feet on one side and of coarse it fliped over cut all my hands and wrists on all of our broken 40s

almost had to go to the hospital

actually.....

if any of u have the mass appeal issue of queens, theres this story that kept me laughing for hours...it was JA or SET or jd, shit i cant remember but he was running on a rooftop, flew off that one and smashed right into another rooftop higher. He didnt know that there was a gap there and just went smack into this wall, like the next rooftop was missing.......get it and read it...its funny shit

this story has nothing to do with getting hurt but its also in the queens issue how NATO scared away a bunch of construction workers with 2'4 metal polls....that issue made me laugh

Guest serpent of the light

just some minor scars off of fences and from tripping onto rocks.

nice story sun, i think i know the spot.

xxx303

Guest dukeofyork

there are sometimes when i like yards that are active, i prefer ones that arent...i guess it just depends on the night. i hate when shit rolls out on me...unfinished business sucks. i dont recommend anyone hit a spot without checking it out first at LEAST once..layup or yard. especially a yard, serious shit can go down....whether they know youre there or not. intermodals and holly rollers are insanely quiet, and roll at mad high speeds (not normal in yards, but when in between two lines in close quarters, 15-25 seems mad fast) vertigo can be a problem in tight spaces like that. i was between a line of two intermodals, one sitting, one moving, and i was a little shook cause i was afraid i might stumble a little bit, and my bag or sweatshirt might get caught on the line and throw me. if youre gonna go to a spot, be careful, definitely check it out unless you go with someone who's been there before. be careful out there novagirl...

getting hurt

i was doing a little cheap ass bomb with extra paint i had left from some character i did under the most secluded bridge surrounded by trees except for one house that had one window in plain sight. Supposedly this bridge had been hit up numerus times in the last week.. so as i am finishing up i start to hear rocks move and fall near the bridge and me being the jack@$$ that i am i keep goin so this guys comes down and say "I THOUGHT THAT WAS WHAT YOU WERE DOIN! ILL TEACH YOU NOT TO F*CK UP MY TOWN" so i grabb my paint and start to make my way through the rocks as fast as i can and i get my foot caught in between 2 hugass rocks scrape the shit out of it the guy comes be hind me and punches me in the back so i stumble on to my feet and hit him with my bag, bad thing bout that was my bag wasnt closed so like 6 cans go everywhere along with 2 bags of caps the guy i guess was surprised and i got away i had a messed up leg and a huige bruise on my back plus i lost freaking caps!!!!!!! my god i peddle my ass home ass fast fast as i could. but i guess thats what i get for going out at 2 in the afternoon. :mexican:

This is another offtopic story (kinda) but other then scrapes and bruises it's all I got.

Someone mentioned blisters/infections? Man.. I got a cut on my right middle finger skating and I went paintin one night and you know how paint always spatters on that finger right? I got all this paint on me and I didn't clean it up when I got home. Nor the next day. I'm lazy. So my finger swelled up SIDEWAYS like 2.5 times it's normal width. But the fucked up part was that the infection was only in the end of my finger. So my finger was small at the bottom and got all big at the top. I popped it and drained it several times over the next week and it got better. But the worse part was, it stretched my skin so long and thin, that when the pus was gone it left a LOT of dead skin. I had to cut that shit off with nail clippers. Some of it wouldn't go tho, so I had to leave it til it'd fall off more. My finger smelled like ROTTING FLESH (smells bad) for like 2 weeks. Yuck.

-> Jedd

Clean Bill o' Health

I've been lucky, other than a few cuts on the palm from fences and a torn shirt or two, I've had no injuries at all while writing. I'm the kind of person who will have to jump off a roof, land fine, and then break my ankle stepping up a curb. But, so far, so good. Knock on wood.

fuck... it even hurts to think about this...

i was climbin this fence with barbed wire and there was this tree next to the fence....so to make a long story short, i was holding a branch of the tree to step over the barbed wire on the top of the fence and then the branch broke, so i fell from the top of the fence to the concrete... worst part was that i fell on the wrong side of the fence ...so i had to climb back over.... took the T to the hospitol and was out in no time with 3 broken bones in my wrist and a prescription for 50 Percaset and 50 Vicoden... fucked the shit up so bad i needed surgery... happened at the beggining of the summer, and im still wearin a cast as i write this...damn...

1 outta 3 posts (including this one) on this topic were actually my story.. lame. This one isn't. Nor is it graffiti related! HA! But it does relate, sort of..

I had a friend in elementary school who used to steal a lot. He was running one day and tried to make a quick jump over a chainlink fence, one of the ones with the twisted tops? You know.. well, he slipped and inserted one of the twisties slightly into his finger. He tried to stop himself but he fell the rest of the way. The metal went clear thru his finger, then he fell off the fence entirely and sliced up and out of his finger. He had 2 slices of finger and muscle hanging off his bone. He was pretty ghetto. For a few days he didn't go to the hospital. He just came to school with band aids holding the 2 sections of flesh around his bone. He took em off to show us friends.. you could actually see all the muscl and tissue and tendons and there was a part where you could actually see the bone (where the muscle came off). That was probably the gnarliest thing I've ever seen.

Another friend fell while hopping over one of these fences. He land on his ass then fell off the fence. He did pretty much the same thing my old friend did only to his ass cheek. Luckily, it only sliced thru a few inches. He had muscle and fat squeezing out of his ass cheek. He had to get a lot of stitches.

The moral is : If you have to jump a fence, take yer time. It is probably worth it to slow down and risk getting caught over severly altering yer life (imagine if you fell on yer nuts or face!). And make sure you have good health insurance if you paint!

-> Jedd

One time........... one of my homeboys and myself were painting this semi-trucktrailer that was highly, highly visible in the daytime. I'm talking one of those big fame spots! It was abandoned with flat tires in a somewhat muddy field. So we go and get the ladder that we had stashed in the bushes at the local layup and tote it to the car and drive it about 2 miles to the spot and get started. Big huge blockbuster letters on this thing just killed it. So we're using yellow roll paint for fill and some black Walmart "Grade A" Colorplace for outline, right?? Are you following?? Up and down the ladder we go...... move the ladder left move the ladder right..... we finally finish this damned thing and step back to look at it. Now there is no way you could see this thing at night and it's fucking perfect in the daytime so we're all stoked like " Yeah, I'm the man.... "No, you the man....." Typical jackass type of thing to do before you even leave the spot.... We spot one more thing to fix before we leave so I climb up the ladder and fix it and on the way down the fucking piece of shit wooden ladder breaks... I didn't get hurt yet!!!

I say "Fuck this piece of shit!! I'm dumping this over in the blackberry bushes where all that other wood is!" because someone had broken down a shed and there was this pile of lumber and siding all stacked up over there. I grab one end of the ladder and he grabs the other.... we go to give it the old heave ho when I swing my end and give it all I've got I step on a rusty nail that goes right through my shoe into the middle of my fucking foot! "Oh fuck" I yelp out like a little bitch and so we hobble car to the car and I had to drive home with a bloody hole in my foot and another story to tell. That spot ran for like 5 months with plenty of attention that was paid to it...... Kind of worth it in the end...

Beware of rusty lumber!!!!

Archived