Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

How do you get your cans to shut the F*** up!!

Discussion in 'Third Rail' started by Yost, Nov 1, 2001.

1. Yost

Yost New Jack

How do you get your cans to shut up!!!
    Just curious how!!!

2. usedtolove

usedtolove Guest

i say in a commanding voice..."hush"..works everytime

3. deformatron

deformatron Member

you mean like when youre using a rusto ornage dot for a fill and it sounds like somebodys just turned on a garden hose? i guess the only solution is to just use thins all the time and take five times as long to do your shit.

4. I think he might be talking about cans rattling? i heard if you put a magnet on the bottom of the can it will stop it from rattling/

5. sectorTVA

sectorTVA Senior Member

that would work if the mixing ball was composed of a metal that a magnet could stick to...most mixing balls are glass marbles unfortunately...i think they use metal bearings in most laquer paint...but not rusto, aa, or krylon...i got a few cans of belton that seem to have metal bearings in them, but i really dont care about keeping my cans quiet...they stay reletively quiet for me...if youre carrying a bag just make sure they are upright and they wont make that much noise. cans on their sides are much noisier...its a sad fact of life that cans make noise...deal with it...

6. CATS

CATS Senior Member

I got this one, I wrap all of my cans in a soundproof eggcrate. This keeps them silent.

7. taper

taper Elite Member

say hey can shut the fuck up. you whore

8. crso

crso Senior Member

i once had a can of rusto that made no noise. it was very strange.

9. podrido

podrido Veteran Member

here are some ways of reducing noise....
    bring full cans wrap them in a shirt or 2 that will reduce the noise.....
    shake the cans b4 u go to the spot duh?
    figure the amount of cans you're gonna need and just take that. that way when u are done u can throw the empty cans in the garbage nearby.....

10. mr beefy

mr beefy New Jack

you could buy and 12 pack of beer from the beer store drink it then put your paint in each spot put that in the bag and carry it like your going to a party.

for the most part people dont hear paint and go "ITS SPRAY PAINT IN THERE MY NIGGAHHHH,LETS GET'EM" they hear it and think oh hes got
    -insert some shit here-

11. metallix

metallix Elite Member

keep cans upright, and wrap in [soundproofing material such as a t-shirt, paper towels, backpack, etc] and then proceed to your destination.

12. aztek4two1

aztek4two1 Member

all you have to do is keep them upright and walk steady. wrapping isn't even necessary.

there was a foreign exchange student named yost when i was in highschool.

13. Boring Bastard

Boring Bastard Elite Member

There was one in my high school also.... But his name was Kang Li.....
    and everyone called him Kanji (like Jumanji)........And he used to give people the clumsy tourist high five!

14. REGULATOR

REGULATOR Elite Member

true, wrapping them in clothing reduces noise alot, especailly something like a puffy jacket from the salvation army....who cares if its bright blue and has barney pictures on it, its $14 and reduces can noise

15. blood run cold

blood run cold Member

while you're walking around and they're in your bag? just fucking pack them in nice, use a shirt or something to stick in there to make sure they are packed tight,,,

i hate painting with someone who's bag is all jingling and shit walking to a spot.