Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

how do you float?

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by swif1, May 30, 2002.

1. swif1

swif1 Veteran Member

haha yeah, even if i was born and raised in hawai'i, i was scared of going out too far.

so when you're in a swimming pool or at the beach, how in the hell do you keep your head above the water?

2. JohnnyHorton

JohnnyHorton Senior Member

you have to learn how to tread water
    its like pedaling a bicycle with your legs underwater and waving your arms about like your spreading peanut butter or something (seriously), it takes a while to learn but its worthwhile

having air in your lungs is also a major part of it because it makes you more bouyant

3. swif1

swif1 Veteran Member

thanx, i;ll keep that in mind...now i have to go to a kitten.

4. deadlydnut

deadlydnut Guest

tread like a dog, the girls will go crazy over it.....

5. DETO

DETO 12oz Loyalist

....laughing there ass' off! :lol: :lol:

6. Are2

Are2 Senior Member

....buoyancy

keep this in mind..

the air in your lungs is lighter than water, thus keeping you on top of the water when your lungs are full of air..

when you see people floating along in the ocean, they are keeping their bodies stiff and air in their lungs by measured breaths..
    the salt in the water also makes the water slightly more dense, so it is easier to float in the ocean than it is in a pool..

that's how people float, and why when they're dead, the lightest place in the body rises to the surface, the dorsal torso (the back)..the lungs are just underneath this area..

7. skum lord

skum lord Junior Member

youre from hawaii?

8. ASER1NE

ASER1NE Veteran Member

keep your lungs full and you'll float , expel that air and you'll sink .

9. ledzep

ledzep Junior Member

thats been happening alot lately

10. swif1

swif1 Veteran Member

yeah. i was little...and not to mentioned skurd of the water.

11. uncle-boy

uncle-boy Guest

water wings.

heh heh heh

12. kissmyass#1

kissmyass#1 Senior Member

i don't like the ocean, i dont trust it

13. High Priest

High Priest Elite Member

Stay out of the water. Just go " swim " in your Bathtub.

14. willy.wonka

willy.wonka Guest

people do drown in bathtubs....

well i just lay on my back and extend my legs kinda keep balance with my arms...

water wings are always good though..dont ever be ashamed of using them....

im just a natural water baby....my second home is the ocean..i wish i had gills..like that guy on water world..

i'd like to be,under the sea..in a octopusses garden,in the shade.