How do you fix a cracked rim????

Guest -MOE LESTER-

Guest -MOE LESTER-

one of my 17s has a hairline crack in it from hitting a pothole and now i cant put low profile tubeless tires on because it wont hold air...

any mother fuckers know how to fix this???

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest -MOE LESTER-

isnt there some way i can weld it or use epoxy or some shit???

wheres all the car know-it-alls on this biatch????

Guest -MOE LESTER-

the fucking mechanic said there was a way to fix it by welding the mother fucker...its not that big of a crack its only like an inch long

dammit

Originally posted by -MOE LESTER-

the fucking mechanic said there was a way to fix it by welding the mother fucker...its not that big of a crack its only like an inch long

dammit

man, I'd rather buy a new rim than rock one with a big ugly ass weld mark on the side but hey, if it's worth it to you, I'd look into the welding gig. If you live in the bay area, i could maybe get you some help from a friend of mine that does a lot of welding/metal fabrication

Guest -MOE LESTER-

the problem with buying a new rim is that these are custom 17inch that are painted black

where the hell can i buy single rims????

probably the same place you bought the set unless it came from an individual.

you're not the first person to lose a rim to a pothole. shit...that's a good part of the reason why I won't put 18's on mine.

edit: because the roads are so shitty where I live. we've got more potholes than the moon has craters.

There are shops that repair broken and damaged rims. I assume the crack is in the barrel of the rim not on the outer face, if thats true they might be able to fix it. Take it to a tire shop and ask them if they know any good repair facilities. When I was rocking 16's on the celica I cracked one during a snow storm, they fixed it.

Dude, I fucking told you before, Lo-Pro's on chrome are the only way to pick up crackheads... Word Life...

Originally posted by Telo

Drive it into the closest lake and collect insurance... A cracked rim is basically a reason to get a whle new car...

I've heard of people getting new cars because of flat tires (mind you this is the northeast and they were on 18s, making this person ultra retarded)

In any event, everyone knows that big rims ain't got nothing on wide ones. 16x8.5 in the front and 16x9 in the back is where it's at on japanese cars.

Guest -MOE LESTER-

yea i would buy a new one but im pretty sure you cant buy custom rims in singles

im probably gonna trade some niggas for donuts wheels and some cash

Archived