Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

how did

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by T=E=A=S=E, Jul 10, 2004.

1. T=E=A=S=E

T=E=A=S=E Elite Member

sickel and ebert (or however the fuck you spell their names) get to be "the critics" ?

it's like they are the almighty critics of all critics, and i assume they get paid to do what they do, so does anyone know the story about how they became -the critics- everyone looks to for movie reviews etc?

2. effyoo

effyoo Elite Member

well, first i'd assume the have a degree in journalism since they first got known for writing a column in a newspaper. after that they probably just made smart career options.

3. nomadawhat

nomadawhat Veteran Member

4. GamblersGrin

GamblersGrin Elite Member

5. MurderSluts

MurderSluts Junior Member

gene siskel is dead.....and has been for like 5 years

6. T=E=A=S=E

T=E=A=S=E Elite Member

well they still use the phrase when reviewing movies, because i just heard it on the television...

anyfucking ways though, i just hate shit like that, these fuckers get paid to review movies, and people act like what they say matters... when really its just another persons stupid opinion.

7. JohnnyLode

JohnnyLode Member

They actually use Siskel and Roeper now.

8. CrazyLazy

CrazyLazy Senior Member

Ebert and Roeper?

And they were both movie critics for newspapers, I think. Like Chicago or something like that. Then they moved on to their show, that is really one-of-a-kind, or it was when it came out.

9. Crimsøn

Crimsøn Senior Member

google dot mother fucking com.

10. Fugazi

Fugazi Senior Member

Siskel and Ebert were a great duo. Ebert and Roeper are pretty good themselves. I have a similar taste in movies as Ebert, and I appreciate his comments. He's a skilled writer and movie critic. He writes for the Chicago Sun Times. And as much as you hate it, Tease, he got his job by getting out there, getting an education, and working hard; not by hating on someone else's fame on an internet website.

11. Dick Quickwood

Dick Quickwood 12oz Loyalist

12. fermentor666

fermentor666 Veteran Member

Ebert pretty much panders to mass opinion, he likes some terrible movies and trashes some really good ones. He is a mainstream critic, and he does it well. I don't agree with much of what he says, but he wrote a review for Jay Carr's (former excellent Boston Globe critic) book of 100 Greatest Movies. It was for Night of the Living Dead and he couldn't have wrote a better review. That gives me a little bit of respect for the man but otherwise I don't agree with most of his points. He's written for the Chicago Sun for a very long time and is one of the most established critics around. That's how he got his job.

13. mr.yuck

mr.yuck Veteran Member

I actually feel tease on this. Another person that burns my ass is Joan Rivers. You work one day out of the year to talk shit about what people are wearing? Who the fuck pays you and who really and truely deep down in their heart really gives a flying fuck what you think. Oh no the shoes dont match the million dollar iced out bra. Fuck off you whore. You're 190 go get some sleep.

14. GamblersGrin

GamblersGrin Elite Member

joan rivers is fucking scary looking

15. High Priest

High Priest Elite Member