how BAD is it in your area

Guest willy.wonka

Guest willy.wonka

its pretty nuts out here... there's a bombing scene and it pretty much comes and goes, but there have been some heads keepin it up. graffiti is all over the news..polls shown that the people want graffiti to be a felony crime.. that sucks for the writer and the tax payers. you also have these people that nobody knows talkin on camera... saying that thier graffiti is poetry on walls. they show a lot of crap on the news too.

nieghborhood watch is really on the watch...some islands have formed what is called the Aina Keepers, (land keepers). those guys will team up on the weekends and go through the ditches blowing airhorns and calling the police if they surround anybody.

its scary looking, but one of the freeway cameras seem to be pointing into a chill spot.

the police have made many arrests and snitches have snitched. the newpapers say that grafheads are tweakers that need to get this anger out. its said that the police department of our area knows about 12oz. the people tht were arrested and post on here told us that they told them..lol

newspapers also have the lingo down..words to descibe our culture.. "writers, toys, bombin"

the news has been down the ditches... showing the public "how bad" it is.

its also known that cops will come up wiht thier own tags and start cappin people and stake the place out until somebody comes back.

we had a writer that didnt have any competition to how fast and how much he was getting up... the only people on his tail was city and county buffin as fast as they could.

a lot of toyish bombs stay up for a long time, but when somebody does something nice... its gone.

shit sucks, but i guess its fun

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I go to school out in....well, not important. The fact of the matter is that it's a town where there isn't much for the cops to do and thus it would be my guess I'D have the book thrown at me if I was ever caught. It's a place that prides itself on making examples out of troublemakers.

As a result, there's mainly stencilers, handstyles, etching on windows and there's a rooftop piece here and there but it's all about the freights.

I content myself with the odd throwie, tag and stencil. I prefer the anonymity of the big cit and losing myself among concrete canyons.

Originally posted by The Leader@Mar 12 2005, 01:16 PM

In S.F. I have gotten let go and told "not to come back until tomorrow" and I've gotten the shit beat out of me by cops. It just depends on who you run into i guess.

in my town...

if u get caught painting a train the btp rape you. so the only option is to jump in the river by the lay up which is full of shit, shopping trolleys and other nastiness.

police arrest u then u get a slap on the wrist, then a caution if u get arrested then a fine, then community service then a curfew.....the list goes on.

Where im at you get arrested....held a couple days then released....only to be rearrested and held a couple days then released. Its a vicious cycle. This can happen 3 or 4 times. The local justice system is so overloaded, understaffed, and inefficient that its more a hassle than anything. Theres tons of cops but there is more serious crime than grafitti.

Originally posted by willy.wonka+Mar 12 2005, 07:41 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (willy.wonka - Mar 12 2005, 07:41 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>nieghborhood watch is really on the watch...some islands have formed what is called the Aina Keepers, (land keepers). those guys will team up on the weekends and go through the ditches blowing airhorns and calling the police if they surround anybody.

[/b]

Now i know who i saw..

Originally posted by willy.wonka@Mar 12 2005, 07:41 AM

its also known that cops will come up wiht thier own tags and start cappin people and stake the place out until somebody comes back.

Wtf. Thats just getting rediculous.

<!--QuoteBegin-willy.wonka@Mar 12 2005, 07:41 AM

a lot of toyish bombs stay up for a long time, but when somebody does something nice... its gone.

shit sucks, but i guess its fun

True. Theyre trying to control the publics opinion on us. Keeping it as "ugly".

The heat is on as ever. But they cant win.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest willy.wonka

Officials Concerned About Growing Graffiti Problem

Police Want Penalties Raised Against Taggers

POSTED: 3:45 pm HST March 4, 2005

HONOLULU -- Some Oahu residents and police said graffiti popping up around the island is getting out of hand.

Driving down the H-1 Freeway near Pearl City, you can see graffiti on newly constructed walls. It's hard to miss along Nimitz Highway and on Nuuanu Avenue near Beretania Street.

"(The graffiti) seems to be growing. We had it under control and in the last few months we've seen a major increase in the graffiti," Downtown Neighborhood Board Chairwoman Lynne Matusow said.

Shop owners said they paint over it, but then it reappears the next day.

Last year, the state Department of Transportation spent $40,000 painting over graffiti on state highways and signs.

"What's happening is when people go to court -- because it's such a low charge, a misdemeanor and below -- they're out there doing it again," Honolulu Police Department Capt. Greg Lefcourt said.

Last year alone, police had 473 reported graffiti cases and made 76 arrests. However, the tagging continues.

"It seems to be a lifestyle for these people," Lefcourt said.

Police said many graffiti painters, or taggers, consider themselves artists and use walls as a canvas to show off their work.

Police said taggers usually work in pairs; one painting, the other watching out for police. They've also been known to use gloves and carry bail money.

"We need to send a message that this is a crime that affects our whole state," Lefcourt said.

Honolulu police are pushing for tougher anti-graffiti laws. One bill would make tagging a felony if someone is convicted twice in 10 years.

"Our visitors see this thing and it's like a black eye," Lefcourt said.

Meanwhile, police said that if you see someone painting graffiti to call 911. They want callers to give a detailed description and stay in the area to identify the person.

Guest willy.wonka

Vandals Hit Bishop Museum Construction Site

Science Education Center To Focus On Environment

POSTED: 1:42 pm HST April 6, 2005

HONOLULU -- Vandals painted graffiti on the Bishop Museum's Science Education Center in several areas Tuesday night. The building is under construction.

Bishop Museum director Dr. Bill Brown surveyed the damage Wednesday morning. Sometime overnight, vandals spray-painted graffiti on the entire lower wall of the museum's Science Education Center.

Even if it's an act of vandalism, Brown said he's not angry. He said it's unfortunate.

"I hope the community, you know, comes together and sort of helps keep an eye on this kind of thing. And people, encourage kids not to do it," Brown said.

Whoever did it left their spray paint behind. Their work was clearly visible from the nearby H-1 Freeway.

The $17 million science center will be the first of its kind in Hawaii.

"And it's unique in the way that it focuses on the environment of Hawaii and the Pacific. It's here for the kids of Hawaii, and we're linking the exhibits with school programs," Brown said.

Students have already decorated the construction barrier on the other side of the center.

Brown had one thing to say about the person, or persons, who left the graffiti on the facility.

"I invite them to come to the science center once it opens. And maybe we can find some more constructive outlets for their creative juices," Brown said.

The center is scheduled to open in November.

My city was dope 5/6 years ago , Then shit just straight went to shit . Theres not a huge problem with 'heroes' , some will call the police some dont . The problem is just ALOT of the usual popular walls are being destroyed,torn down , or suddenly theyre 'illegal' again . Its super weak , and a couple of the day fr8 spots are goners too........Theres a 'vandal squad' of the police that basically drives around taking pictures of graff to build individual files , and the city has gone crazy with the buff. Making bylaws forcing businesses to buff shit within a week or face fines etc ....

Gay.

If you got caught here and you were under 18.

You can get 3 cautions, but if you say you didn't do the graff that they are accusing you of, they will take you to court.

Then after the 3 cautions if you got done again for anything, You get a "conference", Which is when the cops and the owners of the property you painted (I don't know what happens if it's public property, Maybe a council representive.) Are in a room together with you and try to figure out what will happen to you, Usually a fine or community service.

Then again if you got done for anything after that it's court.

kids just got arrested for 3 days for putting up stickers. This was last october, I knew some of the kids. they never wrote graffiti.

It's a zero tolerance against graffiti, and mostly because of the commuter train graff. it's fucking stupid to buff that, how could you ever stop it from happening? they buff safe spots in the middle of the forest too.

Theres more...but it gives me such an headache when I think about it, I'll leave it at that. We all just hope for an economical reccession so they'd realize other ways to waste money than spend it on graffiti removal. fucking dumb bitches all over

my city is a piece of cake. the train lines may as well be legal as there are very few spots that are any real hassle to paint. the streets are really easy. alot of people will not even pay attention if you catch a tag, and if they do see you 95% of the time they'll say nothing. trains are hit or miss. you might get 2 minutes, you might get 2 hours. trains are where the heat is at. they're the only thing that really gets buffed here, so the cops will hunt you down if you're hitting the steel hard. otherwise melbourne's so easy it's almost a joke. a graffiti writer's playground. kids here really have no idea how good they have it

Yeah im located in cincy and the police arnt to smart on the graffiti,i was getting up every night bombin everything i could get my paint on. never got caught.But the camera saw me an now i got court this friday with 5,5th degree felonies,10 mis.Witch is a bunch of shit but a couple months on probation an im gonna be back on the streets. The news never has shit about graffiti its All GanG related they think. but hey fuck Em

i got a story to tell about how fuckin grimy pittsburgh cops are.

listen to this shit.

im leavin the city with my boy...we both live like right off the highway. We're about to drink...comin back from catchin flicks all day..my boy remembers that he was gona wash the car, so we pull upto the car wash.

as we get there, theres a dumpster off to the side of all the places to pull in and wash your car..and theres some hands on the dumpster. the side facing us didnt really have anything worth flicking, so we walk around the back to see if theres anything decent. there really wasn't anything flickable. and as we walk back to the car, which is like right next to us, two fucking cop cars (That's right...2) come outta left field and pull up.

they put us up against the hood and hassle the fuck out of us. makin shit up about how they know were upto no good cause we were rollin with a baseball bat.

so the cops are questioning us, browsing the camera (they noticed how basically every flick was graffiti, other then a couple of us chillin out with a few little kids in the park) asked why we had so many pictures of graffiti, asked about a thin tipped sharpie that was in the car..next to a notebook. not even a black book..it was my book of rhymes. we had just hit up the post office like a half hour before, so we got like at least a thousand stickers..cleaned them out. thank god they were all blank.

but the cop didn't even ask about the stickers. he thought we were out bombin shit with a thin tipped sharpie.

cops definatly dont know a goddamn thing out here.

all they really did was ask if my boy was MOOK, and then kept askin what he wrote. meanwhile, the cops are standin next to us and the dumpster, with one of my boys hands on it. starring the cops in the face. he did what any smart writer would do in that circumstance, just spit out some fuckin toy name that noones ever heard of.

i dont write. i love these forums though. i dj. were all contributing to this culture, and i love to see that. but back to the story.

so the cops have us both up against the hood, he tries grabbin my ass and makes some remark about how he thought we were gay lovers, and then another cop comes outta nowhere.

and somehow, when the other cop pulls up, a case of beer appears on the side of the building, behind the dumpster.

now i found this fucking incredible, because i myself had my feet right the fuck where he said he found a case of beer, that we were allegedly "picking up".

so by this point, we're completely fucking helpless.

luckily we got a hold of some people, and they ended up lettin us go once the good old parents show up.

they were definatly kickin themselves in the ass as they drove away.

im still considering filing a lawsuit for sexual harassment for the shit he said and when he tried grippin my ass.

sad thing is, i wouldnt win.

pittsburgh cops are all really big pussies. ive always said it takes two cops to piss. seems to hold true up until now..

they had us by the balls but were too scared to do anything.

other then attempt to get a handfull of my sexy ass.

but they scheme in the most fucked up, bitchass way.

luckily we didnt catch a beat down....

ah well...theyll get theirs.