1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

how BAD is it in your area

Discussion in 'Third Rail' started by willy.wonka, Mar 12, 2005.

1. willy.wonka

willy.wonka Guest

how BAD is it in your area

Discussion started by willy.wonka - Mar 12, 2005

its pretty nuts out here... there's a bombing scene and it pretty much comes and goes, but there have been some heads keepin it up. graffiti is all over the news..polls shown that the people want graffiti to be a felony crime.. that sucks for the writer and the tax payers. you also have these people that nobody knows talkin on camera... saying that thier graffiti is poetry on walls. they show a lot of crap on the news too.
    nieghborhood watch is really on the watch...some islands have formed what is called the Aina Keepers, (land keepers). those guys will team up on the weekends and go through the ditches blowing airhorns and calling the police if they surround anybody.

its scary looking, but one of the freeway cameras seem to be pointing into a chill spot.

the police have made many arrests and snitches have snitched. the newpapers say that grafheads are tweakers that need to get this anger out. its said that the police department of our area knows about 12oz. the people tht were arrested and post on here told us that they told them..lol

newspapers also have the lingo down..words to descibe our culture.. "writers, toys, bombin"

the news has been down the ditches... showing the public "how bad" it is.

its also known that cops will come up wiht thier own tags and start cappin people and stake the place out until somebody comes back.

we had a writer that didnt have any competition to how fast and how much he was getting up... the only people on his tail was city and county buffin as fast as they could.

a lot of toyish bombs stay up for a long time, but when somebody does something nice... its gone.

shit sucks, but i guess its fun

2. source

source 12oz Junior Member

source - Replied Mar 12, 2005

damn man you need to get the fuck out of there....where are you from anyway?

source - Rank: 12oz Junior Member - Messages:
  3. sMaLLzOnE

sMaLLzOnE New Jack

sMaLLzOnE - Replied Mar 12, 2005

graff is a felony in nyc

sMaLLzOnE - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  4. Gunm

Gunm Banned

Gunm - Replied Mar 12, 2005

I go to school out in....well, not important. The fact of the matter is that it's a town where there isn't much for the cops to do and thus it would be my guess I'D have the book thrown at me if I was ever caught. It's a place that prides itself on making examples out of troublemakers.

As a result, there's mainly stencilers, handstyles, etching on windows and there's a rooftop piece here and there but it's all about the freights.

I content myself with the odd throwie, tag and stencil. I prefer the anonymity of the big cit and losing myself among concrete canyons.

Gunm - Rank: Banned - Messages:
  5. The Leader

The Leader 12oz Senior Member

The Leader - Replied Mar 12, 2005

In S.F. I have gotten let go and told "not to come back until tomorrow" and I've gotten the shit beat out of me by cops. It just depends on who you run into i guess.

The Leader - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  6. Tremble

Tremble New Jack

Tremble - Replied Mar 12, 2005

in my town...
    if u get caught painting a train the btp rape you. so the only option is to jump in the river by the lay up which is full of shit, shopping trolleys and other nastiness.
    police arrest u then u get a slap on the wrist, then a caution if u get arrested then a fine, then community service then a curfew.....the list goes on.

Tremble - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  7. postmodernism

postmodernism 12oz Junior Member

postmodernism - Replied Mar 12, 2005

Where im at you get arrested....held a couple days then released....only to be rearrested and held a couple days then released. Its a vicious cycle. This can happen 3 or 4 times. The local justice system is so overloaded, understaffed, and inefficient that its more a hassle than anything. Theres tons of cops but there is more serious crime than grafitti.

postmodernism - Rank: 12oz Junior Member - Messages:
  8. caffeine

caffeine 12oz Member

caffeine - Replied Mar 13, 2005

Now i know who i saw..

Wtf. Thats just getting rediculous.

<!--QuoteBegin-willy.wonka
    @Mar 12 2005, 07:41 AM
    a lot of toyish bombs stay up for a long time, but when somebody does something nice... its gone.
    shit sucks, but i guess its fun
    [post=3869949]Quoted post[/post]​
    [/quote]
    True. Theyre trying to control the publics opinion on us. Keeping it as "ugly".

The heat is on as ever. But they cant win.

caffeine - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  9. willy.wonka

willy.wonka Guest

willy.wonka - Replied Apr 8, 2005

Officials Concerned About Growing Graffiti Problem
    Police Want Penalties Raised Against Taggers

POSTED: 3:45 pm HST March 4, 2005

HONOLULU -- Some Oahu residents and police said graffiti popping up around the island is getting out of hand.

Driving down the H-1 Freeway near Pearl City, you can see graffiti on newly constructed walls. It's hard to miss along Nimitz Highway and on Nuuanu Avenue near Beretania Street.

"(The graffiti) seems to be growing. We had it under control and in the last few months we've seen a major increase in the graffiti," Downtown Neighborhood Board Chairwoman Lynne Matusow said.

Shop owners said they paint over it, but then it reappears the next day.

Last year, the state Department of Transportation spent $40,000 painting over graffiti on state highways and signs.

"What's happening is when people go to court -- because it's such a low charge, a misdemeanor and below -- they're out there doing it again," Honolulu Police Department Capt. Greg Lefcourt said.

Last year alone, police had 473 reported graffiti cases and made 76 arrests. However, the tagging continues.

"It seems to be a lifestyle for these people," Lefcourt said.

Police said many graffiti painters, or taggers, consider themselves artists and use walls as a canvas to show off their work.

Police said taggers usually work in pairs; one painting, the other watching out for police. They've also been known to use gloves and carry bail money.

"We need to send a message that this is a crime that affects our whole state," Lefcourt said.

Honolulu police are pushing for tougher anti-graffiti laws. One bill would make tagging a felony if someone is convicted twice in 10 years.

"Our visitors see this thing and it's like a black eye," Lefcourt said.

Meanwhile, police said that if you see someone painting graffiti to call 911. They want callers to give a detailed description and stay in the area to identify the person.

10. willy.wonka

willy.wonka Guest

willy.wonka - Replied Apr 8, 2005

Vandals Hit Bishop Museum Construction Site
    Science Education Center To Focus On Environment

POSTED: 1:42 pm HST April 6, 2005

HONOLULU -- Vandals painted graffiti on the Bishop Museum's Science Education Center in several areas Tuesday night. The building is under construction.

Bishop Museum director Dr. Bill Brown surveyed the damage Wednesday morning. Sometime overnight, vandals spray-painted graffiti on the entire lower wall of the museum's Science Education Center.

Even if it's an act of vandalism, Brown said he's not angry. He said it's unfortunate.

"I hope the community, you know, comes together and sort of helps keep an eye on this kind of thing. And people, encourage kids not to do it," Brown said.

Whoever did it left their spray paint behind. Their work was clearly visible from the nearby H-1 Freeway.

The $17 million science center will be the first of its kind in Hawaii.

"And it's unique in the way that it focuses on the environment of Hawaii and the Pacific. It's here for the kids of Hawaii, and we're linking the exhibits with school programs," Brown said.

Students have already decorated the construction barrier on the other side of the center.

Brown had one thing to say about the person, or persons, who left the graffiti on the facility.

"I invite them to come to the science center once it opens. And maybe we can find some more constructive outlets for their creative juices," Brown said.

The center is scheduled to open in November.

11. ASER1NE

ASER1NE 12oz Veteran Member

ASER1NE - Replied Apr 8, 2005

My city was dope 5/6 years ago , Then shit just straight went to shit . Theres not a huge problem with 'heroes' , some will call the police some dont . The problem is just ALOT of the usual popular walls are being destroyed,torn down , or suddenly theyre 'illegal' again . Its super weak , and a couple of the day fr8 spots are goners too........Theres a 'vandal squad' of the police that basically drives around taking pictures of graff to build individual files , and the city has gone crazy with the buff. Making bylaws forcing businesses to buff shit within a week or face fines etc ....
    Gay.

ASER1NE - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  12. ASER1NE

ASER1NE 12oz Veteran Member

ASER1NE - Replied Apr 8, 2005

The last time i went to Hawaii (2002) i stayed in and around tourist town , but i really was dissapointed in the lack of graff, even driving the highways i didnt see much quality shit .....

ASER1NE - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  13. realitymax

realitymax New Jack

realitymax - Replied Apr 8, 2005

^^ A-town?

realitymax - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  14. iloveyoursister

iloveyoursister 12oz Senior Member

iloveyoursister - Replied Apr 8, 2005

If you got caught here and you were under 18.
    You can get 3 cautions, but if you say you didn't do the graff that they are accusing you of, they will take you to court.
    Then after the 3 cautions if you got done again for anything, You get a "conference", Which is when the cops and the owners of the property you painted (I don't know what happens if it's public property, Maybe a council representive.) Are in a room together with you and try to figure out what will happen to you, Usually a fine or community service.
    Then again if you got done for anything after that it's court.

iloveyoursister - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  15. Dick Quickwood

Dick Quickwood 12oz Loyalist

Dick Quickwood - Replied Apr 9, 2005

willy, do you know where the canal in The Search for Animal Chin is?

Dick Quickwood - Rank: 12oz Loyalist - Messages: