1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

How addicted are you?

Discussion in 'Third Rail' started by artistic.intercourse, Feb 26, 2002.

1. artistic.intercourse

artistic.intercourse 12oz Member

How addicted are you?

Discussion started by artistic.intercourse - Feb 26, 2002

How addicted are you all to graffiti. Dumb question but I was just wondering. With me, I am ALWAYS thinking about graff everywhere I go. If I am driving, I almost always crash looking at spots I know probably has new shit. I have almost died numerous times doing that shit already. I would also rather check out yards then do a grip of other shit. I dunno.. I would rather go piecing than go to like Six Flags or any other amusement parks. Who also checks out local yards like everyday? All the local yards here I check about everyday I possibly can.

How many times do you check on your pieces you done in yards too? Or even little scribble/bombs? I fuckin always feel like I gotta check my shit if I am even strolling near the area. If I even do a piece somewhere I check it every time I stroll by. I dunno... we are all the same I guess.... but HOW ADDICTED ARE YOU? Whats the most addicting shit you always do for graffiti? Always drawing 24/7? LOVE that paint smell? ??????????????????????????? :D

artistic.intercourse - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  2. artistic.intercourse

artistic.intercourse 12oz Member

artistic.intercourse - Replied Feb 26, 2002

I hope no one else posted a similar topic before me.. I think I remember a similar one a while back maybe????? ... bah.. close this if you foo's want. i dunno! peace......

artistic.intercourse - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  3. SayOne

SayOne Guest

SayOne - Replied Feb 26, 2002

i do the same exact shit , or for some sick odd twisted reason i always have to spend time with every new can i get meaning i shake the shit out of it and hold it for hours. ima sad mann:(

4. THE LAW

THE LAW Guest

THE LAW - Replied Feb 26, 2002

I think every one goes through that phase, but after several years, it wears off and you usually just have enough time to do your pieces and go to bed, so doing all that other crap seems to fade into the backgrougnd. If you keep at it for long enough, graffiti just becomes a part of your life just like going to the bar or playing golf on sunday....god knows it's still one of the most satisfying things on earth, but after you've done more pieces than you can count and been around the block a couple times, it becomes routine.

THE LAW guesses it's good and bad, sometimes he wishes that he still felt the way you do everytime he paints, those were really fun times. The novelty and excitement of it all comes back in spurts, but usually graffiti is relegated to just another thing THE LAW does. It feels like more of a habit than anything. THE LAW supposes it's just another form of addiction. To not paint, would at a certain point, feel unnatural.

ramble ramble ramble.....

5. ASER1NE

ASER1NE 12oz Veteran Member

ASER1NE - Replied Feb 26, 2002

i like graffiti , but im not obsessed with it

ASER1NE - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  6. TheGame

TheGame New Jack

TheGame - Replied Feb 26, 2002

ITs not good to be that obssessed with graff. Now that i am older im now, but when i was younger it was all that i thought about. In one sense graff fucked my whole life up. I messed up in school cause while the teacher was teaching i was doing outlines. I wouldnt even go to school alot cause if it came down to that boring math quiz, or cutting and racking 40 cans for the day there was no decision in my eyes. I dropped out of college because i wasnt disciplined enough to realize that if i went painting 3 nights a week till 4 am i wouldnt be able to get up in the morning go. I lost jobs for the same thing,girlfriends, etc..I think when you get past the age of 25 and you really have a shit load of responsibilities it makes you realize that you have to get your life in order and put energy twords other places.I am proud to say that i now have more of a life, and dont think about graff nearly as much as i did years ago.

TheGame - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  7. Abracadabra

Abracadabra Dirty Dozen Crew

Abracadabra - Replied Feb 26, 2002

i've been going for 11 years and i destroy everything in sight. i am constantly scribbling on something. i'd say i'm a full-blown addict and need immediate detox and rehab

Abracadabra - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  8. old_soul

old_soul New Jack

old_soul - Replied Feb 26, 2002

Yup, couldn't agree more. when I was younger it definitely was all I thought about. I also got the boot from college due to graff/partying. Now that I'm also over 25 things are different. I can't do as much shit as I use to. But it is hard to resist sometimes. Once an addict always an addict.

old_soul - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  9. fiberoptical

fiberoptical New Jack

fiberoptical - Replied Feb 26, 2002

My name is CLEANSHEETS, and yes, I am an adict.

I don't think they offer any 12 step options for a writer, though..DAMN.

..hey, hold that tie...let me find a vein...ahhh...there we go..

fiberoptical - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  10. TheGame

TheGame New Jack

TheGame - Replied Feb 26, 2002

couldnt agree with you more!

TheGame - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  11. Are2

Are2 Guest

Are2 - Replied Feb 26, 2002

i graduated from college as an addict...biochemistry by the skin of my teeth..
    sometimes graf took priority, sometimes school, or work, or family shit or whatever..

i am definitely obsessed with looking at it, even when it isn't my own..
    i don't have to go nuts and overdo it though, i know i'll do this shit until i die..it is my best friend, and my most therapeutic hobby..

it is the only activity i have that doubles as a lifestyle, and a relationship..i will make huge sacrifices for it...but sometimes priorities shift, and graf takes a backseat for a hot minute..but not forever.

the other night i painted what is probably the best thing i have ever done on a wall.

oddly, one of the first times i have painted and been completely relaxed..i know the spot well, and usually paint during the day there..but it was at night ..it seemd easy almost..i really took my time and the shit came out fucking beautiful..
    ....i was ecstatic, and had to call out of work the next day..it made me happier than i've been in months..i am completely ready to go on and push it further..and get better, and enjoy it more..

12. dukeofyork

dukeofyork 12oz Senior Member

dukeofyork - Replied Feb 26, 2002

i have to agree with the law on this one....sometimes i sit and think about how much i love writing, sometimes i absolutely hate it..
    but either way its something that has crept into every single aspect of my life...
    either way, its something i do out of habit it seems almost instead of enjoyment..but even then i still have a little fun. just not as much fun as before. ahh yes, the first couple of years. what fun they were. so care free whereas now graff has harshly turned serious for me. guarding spots against unwelcome new jacks, confrontations with other writers, realizing that those who have been around longer than me probably see me the same way i look at new kids....
    when youre new, you feel like youre on top of the world.
    when youve been around a few years, you realize you are nobody compared to all the other people out there.......

dukeofyork - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  13. C-O-K PBScru

C-O-K PBScru 12oz Member

C-O-K PBScru - Replied Feb 26, 2002

i am always peepin spots and i live in the yards man it's like my own world when i am there i can peep new tains commin in and i can remeber back at lookin at some old shit i done on the factories behind there i love the yards i even have a chair back there so i can just chill no lie

C-O-K PBScru - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  14. REGULATOR

REGULATOR 12oz Elite Member

REGULATOR - Replied Feb 26, 2002

god dammit graff is in my fuckin veins......even after getting caught, watching my mom cry because shes so dissapointed in me, and after all the fines and shit....I STILL HAVE TEH FUCKIN URGE TO GO BOMB.....every new can of spray paint i have is treasured...i love taking a new can of paint and just tossing it up and down in the air, god fuckin dammit...its fuckin my life up so bad but i cant quit

REGULATOR - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  15. colt45oe800

colt45oe800 12oz Member

colt45oe800 - Replied Feb 26, 2002

man if im anywhere and i catch the smell of the paint. i just get the urge to go bomb and get my adrenaline pumping. and once you get that adrenaline there is no purer drug... thats probably why we're all addicted. sometimes im chilling watching TV late at night, i look to my left to see my cans on there shelf. and you all what know what go's down next. alot of destruction... keep on writing
    peace
    SSA crew

colt45oe800 - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages: