how about.... DO IT YOURSELF?!

otto dix

its amazing how quick some of you are to give out information and advice...especially when it comes to freights. i'm not talking about general information but...some of these questions "how do you make a straight line?" and "what brand of bucket paint should i use?" have got to go. trial error, trial error, like everyone else...you can do it.... trial error.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

some of that is undrstandable, but i think you guys should try and look at some things from other peoples POV..... Some people from small towns might not know shit, and would like to learn a lil something befor they go out and paint wack train after wack train... (like the safety tips)

cuz last time i checked it wasnt really the cool thing to do in little towns downsouth/midwest, like it is in larger places.

There is always too sides to a story, and it seems to me most of the more "in the know cuz i have been painting since 1990 you fucking toy"

people on this board hate on kids that would have no place else to ask good, solid, legit questions....

I understand where you guys are coming from but ya i want to argue just for the sake of being different...

...there ain't nothin too horrible about painting a bunch of shitty trains to learn some things...its definately a better way to learn than to get on the internet and ask people you don't know...

...it does bother me when people get on here and ask stupid ass questions...there's not much to do about it other than give them really mean answers to discourage such behavior...but the questions are inevitable...its the internet...and some of the users on here have never picked up a can before...

...if you are one of these people that don't know anthing and want some easy answers...believe me it will be much better to learn from experience than anything else...it's like reading a book on surgery an thinking you can open up a get a job in the ER...it just doesn't work that way...go out there and fucking TRY...

...ps...see sticky in the yard "Whatever Happened to"...

Originally posted by porque

[b

...if you are one of these people that don't know anthing and want some easy answers...believe me it will be much better to learn from experience than anything else...it's like reading a book on surgery an thinking you can open up a get a job in the ER...it just doesn't work that way...go out there and fucking TRY...

[/b]

Iam not a rookie, but not a veteran.. in the past 6 months i have painted about 95 trains, iam sure ill catch hate for being honest, but it doesnt matter. Iam just trying to stick up for the people who dont have a strong graff scene in there area, thats all... (ine is pretty large, but iam moving in 5 days to a place that has virtually no writers of any kind)

I think i have posted 2 questions on here, and have gotten good results from both. i dunno like i said, iam just in the mood to talk, its raining and iam kinda hung over.

And for real, could someone post how to make krink cuz i cant kind a store that sells it here.. :lol:

i was going to make all the idiot kids on here etch bath cookies for christmas... but i decided they all might go try to rub them on windows since none of know what it is to begin with. but then i guess we could answer the classic question of...

"what is etch? How do you make it" with....

2 cups of flour...

1 cup of sugar..

ok, i'm drunk and my humor is off.

lets face it we were all toys at one point. i hate writers with a little skill and a couple of years under their belt that act like toys worse than i hate plain old toys.

as far as being from a small town, 10 years ago people from small towns figured things out without logging on and asking - so whats the difference now. oh yeah now there is a place to ask these questions.

to the toys. keep in mind this board is monitored. think before you ask the "anyone from such n' such let me know where the dope freight spot is" kind of question. you should be online learning your history, figuring out if a name you like is already in use, doing your homework. but certian shit you should just figure out on your on, and true wisdom is knowing the difference.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by cascade_67

trust me small towns have big time DISADVANTAGES too...plus, you might have all the trains to yourself but lots of small towns aren't exactly loaded with yards

yeah but if there's tracks ..there are layups somewhere..even if it's a couple hoppers behind a factory...although if you don't got a car or comfortable kicks..walking miles of tracks might not be your thing..

i'm not from a "small town" but..i definitely liked it alot better in 94 - 95 when it was just 3 of us in this area hitting freights on a regular...

Originally posted by cascade_67

trust me small towns have big time DISADVANTAGES too...plus, you might have all the trains to yourself but lots of small towns aren't exactly loaded with yards

if i had all the trains to myself who needs a huge yard.

a small storage area with a somewhat consistent schedule will work.

no, trust me...when it comes to freights, the advantages of a small town with no writers greatly outweigh the disadvantages....i cant even think any disadvantages

Originally posted by ZedIsDed

if i had all the trains to myself who needs a huge yard.

a small storage area with a somewhat consistent schedule will work.

no, trust me...when it comes to freights, the advantages of a small town with no writers greatly outweigh the disadvantages....i cant even think any disadvantages

I agree with that... in general, smaller cities with less writers makes it easier for trains. All I'm trying to point out is that small cities are not all they are cracked up to be, depending on the city(and it's industrial areas or lack of). I think the best situation is a bigger city with lots of trains and few writers.

Small towns are generally dope but have some downside. In the Bronx, if somebody climbs through a hole in a fence to get to train tracks, 99 out of 100 people will mind their own fucking business and not say or do shit. In the boonies, 99 out of 100 people (if there are 100 people) will yell "Hey! Where do you think you're going?" If the area is low crime, anything unusual sticks out like a sore thumb, and suspicious Joe Hero types call the cops for the dumbest of small shit. I've been to rural towns so small that I didn't dare to paint their little yard: people were staring at my unfamiliar car from their front porches, and the one sheriff for the whole town followed me around, not liking my looks or my out-of-state plates.

The best mix is suburban spots where there's enough action to blend in but not enough crime to make the spots hairy.

12oz. prophet was the death of graffiti. well actually i should say the internet is the real reason. i can't blame 12oz. for how many kids and cops come on here and totally kill the whole idea behind graffiti and it's secrets. graffiti is played out and if you do it to be cool and accepted by your peers your a chump. do graffiti for it's real reason, to get girls.

Nothing against the net,but people become internet babies no father to their style.At one time(I dont know if this good or bad to some people)I remember you could kinda tell where you were from,now you since the net has evidently exploded into thr graff world...you can't tell?And I know graff has grown from the jump by people getting influences off other shit,now its soo easy www.givemestyle.com,and its on.Shit I had was on some site once they had a alaphabet on it ?Take it for what it is worth just one side of it.

Archived