House Music

Guest 150's~

Who's your favorite artists or genre of house music? I like Felix da' House Cat as a favorite artist and any house music where they have female vocals on it, remix or otherwise.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Too much club'n an drug'n. I can't even hit a club or listen to that type of music anymore. I start having intense flashbacks and seizures, especially when fuckers get in my face with them damn glowsticks.:D

Actually I'm not a big fan, its cool when in the clubs but thats about it for me.

Are we talking producers or djs here?

I'd have to go with Miguel Migs (LISA SHAW for vocals!), Simbionx, Mark Farina (naturally), Onionz, Kevin Yost, Jazzanova, Doc Martin, Swayzak, Roy Davis Jr, The Wicked Crew... there are way too many to name. But you get the picture.

As for labels - Guidance, ANYTHING off of Naked Music, Om

Oh yes, house music DOES NOT MEAN glowsticks. Thanx!

old school jeno, markie, garth and thomas..specially thomas.....

i seen him at this full moon party in santa cruz at bonny dune, i was mad high and it was the anniversery party so there was 2000 people fucked up on the beach, and this fucker starts playing alien landing sample records(bad description i know).

it seems like house music doesnt get any decent play no more. i liked house 93-97. last wicked party i went to they played trance all night BOO!

anybody snag the mark farina mushroom jazz tapes from 94 95?

on point.

eehhhhh..fuck it though. hip hop is my house music.

yeah yeah yeah !!!

I saw this topic and just knew that jades, ube and sneak would have something to say.

So here's some of the faves...

[/u]DJ's[/u]

(anyone from Chicago!)

MARK FARNIA

DJ SNEAK

DERRICK CARTER !! (HAD ODB and BIGGIE in his last house set!)

JDUB

TERRY MULLEN

everyone.. try to download PETALPUSHER 'rely on me'

you'll be glad you did.

Guest imported_El Mamerro
Originally posted by jades_blue

Oh yes, house music DOES NOT MEAN glowsticks. Thanx!

Word... nothing beats grooving to deep jazzy house. Sign me up for Ian Pooley and Little Louie Vega. As a matter of fact, I'm gonna hook the streaming radio up right now, to see if I can get dragged out of my current depressive slump. Bling. Beer,

El Mamerro

Originally posted by GLASS*ETCH

eehhhhh..fuck it though. hip hop is my house music.

if that's so true, why do you know sooo much about it? Sounds like you feel guilty about one of your pleasures.

If you think that house isn't getting the play that it should, then maybe you're going to the wrong spots. Go to the End Up man... you'll find some quality jams there. Sounds like you were in the sf house scene when it was at it's peak... 93-97 -- sweet. Those were the good old days...

Trance at a wicked party? WHAT?!?!? Maybe it was that crappy progressive house. Blech...

www.betalounge.com -- streaming pleasures

www.groovetech.com -- more streaming pleasures

between 93 and 99 i think i went to, helped throw, and worked at a shitload of partys....over 300.

ooh oh

how could i forget spun.

alot of the writers from my generation went to the partys....so you got high, got up and met like 20 writers, and got funky with your bad self.

yeah...then it went wack....

i dont know what jeno was playing last time i seen him, but it was not what i was hoping for.

i met babyford from the uk over a budweiser in oakland at one of the last ones i was at...that cats illen...him and his freinds(whos producer names i cant recall) are illen.

yeah, now im crazy and hate crowds. id rather get funky in a subway tunnel.

and that house shit is to fast. if i want fast ill listen to slayer.

anyway...dont mind the ramble.

Guest imported_El Mamerro

[i]Originally posted by Kilo7- [/i]

[b]my fave... [url][url]www.flaresound.com[/url][/url]

[/b] 

I

I------------------I

I

I-----------------------------I

I                   

[i]Originally posted by El Mamerro [/i]                           I

[b]...to see if I can get dragged out of my current depressive slump. [url=http://www.flaresound.com/]Bling.[/url][/b]

Chrst, I'm bored...

Hey i'm not really a house head, and on top of that, I havent bought records in forever, but I did pick up this one record I really liked. I cant remember the artist, but it was like the first or second release on this "Re-Loop" label (had a guy in an astronaught suit on the label). Any way, has anybody ever heard of this label, and did it ever go anywhere? It was pretty original, and incorporated some hip hop samples/sounds but not in a cheezy way. Did this ever become a litle sub-genre?

Armand Van Helden is my altime favorite house producer, as comercial as his shit sounds I still think its the dopeness.

Hard house is bangin, "whats the steelo...ghetto high".

yeah, the "sample slaya" that's a classic.

"Rhymes, Cash, Weed, Cars...." all the songs are good.

I got a Fairly new house record (maybe a year old now) by him thats nice. Its got a yellow jacket with some crytic font, its uses a disco sample, but he still pulls it off. Somethin for the ladies, but still rocks hard.

Originally posted by plastyk

haha...most house pisses myoff......i like progressive house though

hahahahahaha !!!

dont worry... one day you'll grow a soul.

The only difference between trace and progressive house

is that prog.house Dj's get booked to play nightclubs. ha!

Gabriel Play doot de doot de dooooo...

Archived