Hot Tea Drinkers

DITDxCULT

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Black tea. Sometimes it's called 'Chinese Black Tea'.

Or anything with 'Breakfast' in the name like 'English Breakfast'.

a cup of tea has about half the caffine as a brewed cup of coffee.

This Yankee Doodle drinks nothing but green tea

I'd always drink it...very calming...i usually enjoy it outside in the cold...no milk

ohh wait, you want the strong shit...i dunno...tetly's gotta make some strong shit, but you probably don't get it out there...get like some of that Celestial Season crap...they make A LOT of different kinds of teas...or go to Trader Joes.

white tea is great.

antioxidants galore.

not that much caffeine

i've gotten a lot of people drinking tea.

darjeeling is probably my favorite black tea

i like jasmine green tea a lot.

the white tea is good, i've had some loose called silver needle that was excellent and some flavored with persimmon.

as far as brands, tetley and red rose are lame.

i also don't really care too much for bigelow.

twinnings is ok.

it's worth spending the money on sometimes.

i like The Republic of Tea

p10012O.jpg

http://www.republicoftea.com/index.asp

chai tea is god too.

make it at home:

Masala Chai

1-1/2 cups water

1 inch stick of cinnamon

8 cardomom pods

8 whole cloves

2/3 cup milk

6 tsp. sugar (or to taste)

3 teaspoons any unperfumed loose black tea

Put 1-1/2 cups water in saucepan. Add the cinnamon, cardomom, and cloves and bring to a boil. Cover, turn heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes. Add the milk and sugar and bring to a simmer again. Throw in the tea leaves, cover, and turn ff the heat. After 2 minutes, strain the tea into two cups and serve immediately.

(if you don't have pods and whole cloves, just throw in some of the pulverized spice)

There has already been excellent tea advice in this thread so I am going do mention something else...

For the past couple weeks I've been having an Acai smoothie for breakfast and nothing has ever made me feel so good or given so much energy!

"Sambazon Acai(ah-sigh-ee) is an all natural energy fruit from Amazon palmberries. Wild Harvested in the rainforests of Brazil, açai tastes like a vibrant blend of berries and chocolate. Hidden within its royal purple pigment is the magic that makes it nature's perfect energy fruit.Açai is packed full of antioxidants, amino acids and essential omegas (the good-for-you fatty acids). Using a traditional recipe, Sambazon adds a touch of pure Brazilian guarana, for increased stamina, focus and vitality."

Mmmm mmm sooo good. Check out Trader Joes or Whole Foods. Another wonder from the amazon that I love is Guarana. You can get it in powder form and mix it in with your tea or just have it with hot water.

I drink mate out of a gourd. Way more caffeine than anything else, even coffe, and it a lot better for you because its not acidic and has lots of vitamins in it. It tastes good too. The only problem is finding the gourd and straw and shit, you can but it at http://www.ma-tea.com but its expensive. You can probably find mate in tea bags (like someone posted above) at your local supermarket but that is some pussy shit. When you drink it from a gourd you are pouring water into about 200grams of loose tea and drinking it with a metal straw, you just keep replacing the water and drinking it untill the tea looses all its flavor. I go through about a kilo every two weeks. Plus it doesnt make you as jittery as coffe, just smoothly energetic.

The south americans know their stimulants.

Mate%20Correntino.jpg

Originally posted by 2BLAZZED@Jan 19 2005, 04:12 PM

There's cold tea drinkers?

In chinatown when you order 'cold tea' they bring you beer in a tea pot.

And there's no last call for cold tea! Yum... I'm hungry!

Originally posted by Hank Parker@Jan 19 2005, 06:04 PM

This Yankee Doodle drinks nothing but green tea

I'd always drink it...very calming...i usually enjoy it outside in the cold...no milk

ohh wait, you want the strong shit...i dunno...tetly's gotta make some strong shit, but you probably don't get it out there...get like some of that Celestial Season crap...they make A LOT of different kinds of teas...or go to Trader Joes.

I actually LIVE next to the celestial seasons factory..they give free tours..its fucking awesom.

when they take you into the pepermint room....it burrns like all hell..and they keep you inthere for a while haha.

the guy whom mentioned the republic to tea has it down..that stuff is veary good.

i have been drinking tea for maby like12 years now..never was a fan of coffie..makes me all jittery and parinoid..

every try the Mint teas? soooooooo good