Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Hot Tea Drinkers

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by DITDxCULT, Jan 19, 2005.

1. DITDxCULT

DITDxCULT Senior Member

As an effort to stop drinking coffee I have started to drink tea - especially in the mornings and at night while working. The thing is - I can't really find anything that is real potent and can pack a punch like coffee/espresso could.

Recomendations? Brands?

2. <KEY3>

<KEY3> Veteran Member

Black tea. Sometimes it's called 'Chinese Black Tea'.
    Or anything with 'Breakfast' in the name like 'English Breakfast'.

a cup of tea has about half the caffine as a brewed cup of coffee.

3. Frate_Raper

Frate_Raper Veteran Member

I drink Redrose, but I don't know if yankees get it.This won't help but it's relarted,Camomile tea is my shit when I'm sick through some honey in it and I'm good.Shit helps me relax too which is hard at times.

4. DITDxCULT

DITDxCULT Senior Member

This is what I've been drinking in the morning

[​IMG]

5. Hank Parker

Hank Parker Senior Member

This Yankee Doodle drinks nothing but green tea
    I'd always drink it...very calming...i usually enjoy it outside in the cold...no milk

ohh wait, you want the strong shit...i dunno...tetly's gotta make some strong shit, but you probably don't get it out there...get like some of that Celestial Season crap...they make A LOT of different kinds of teas...or go to Trader Joes.

6. <KEY3>

<KEY3> Veteran Member

pretty much....

if it's herbal tea, there's no caffine.
    if it's engligh style tea, there's caffine.
    if it's asian, forget the milk and sugar, they dont need it.

7. SteveAustin

SteveAustin Veteran Member

yeah, black, english breakfast, darjeeling or earl grey is the way to go.

8. AREANKAY

AREANKAY Senior Member

the internet tells you that chinese white tea has more caffine than green tea, however then it will also tell you that it does not have as much caffine as geen tea. so i dont know but i drink alot of white tea now.

this website is pretty funny the descriptions of the teas
    Gucci tea $$$

9. LadyNapua

LadyNapua Senior Member

Tazo makes some really good tea along with Yogi tea...those are good. As for ones that have alot of caffine... I am not too sure.

10. MIZZaBcfly

MIZZaBcfly Member

"will ya have a cup of tea?...ah go on go on go on...GO ON! "
    [​IMG]

^proper tea!

11. !@#$%

[email protected]#$% Moderator Crew

white tea is great.
    antioxidants galore.
    not that much caffeine

i've gotten a lot of people drinking tea.

darjeeling is probably my favorite black tea
    i like jasmine green tea a lot.
    the white tea is good, i've had some loose called silver needle that was excellent and some flavored with persimmon.

as far as brands, tetley and red rose are lame.
    i also don't really care too much for bigelow.
    twinnings is ok.

it's worth spending the money on sometimes.
    i like The Republic of Tea
    [​IMG]

http://www.republicoftea.com/index.asp

chai tea is god too.
    make it at home:

Masala Chai
    1-1/2 cups water
    1 inch stick of cinnamon
    8 cardomom pods
    8 whole cloves
    2/3 cup milk
    6 tsp. sugar (or to taste)
    3 teaspoons any unperfumed loose black tea

Put 1-1/2 cups water in saucepan. Add the cinnamon, cardomom, and cloves and bring to a boil. Cover, turn heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes. Add the milk and sugar and bring to a simmer again. Throw in the tea leaves, cover, and turn ff the heat. After 2 minutes, strain the tea into two cups and serve immediately.

(if you don't have pods and whole cloves, just throw in some of the pulverized spice)

12. !@#$%

[email protected]#$% Moderator Crew

oops.
    as far as ones that pack a punch..
    black tea
    steep longer

try Assam.

[​IMG]

13. AREANKAY

AREANKAY Senior Member

try to find a black tea with the flavor of lychee's. real good dont know if its somthing thats popular or not but like i said its good stuff

14. Hank Parker

Hank Parker Senior Member

WHAT THE SHIT???!!!!
    WHO MAKES IT???????

i eat lychee buy the can, by the mini gelitan cup, and drink it by the carton
    TELL ME!

15. seven.13

seven.13 Dirty Dozen Crew

There has already been excellent tea advice in this thread so I am going do mention something else...
    For the past couple weeks I've been having an Acai smoothie for breakfast and nothing has ever made me feel so good or given so much energy!

"Sambazon Acai(ah-sigh-ee) is an all natural energy fruit from Amazon palmberries. Wild Harvested in the rainforests of Brazil, açai tastes like a vibrant blend of berries and chocolate. Hidden within its royal purple pigment is the magic that makes it nature's perfect energy fruit.Açai is packed full of antioxidants, amino acids and essential omegas (the good-for-you fatty acids). Using a traditional recipe, Sambazon adds a touch of pure Brazilian guarana, for increased stamina, focus and vitality."

Mmmm mmm sooo good. Check out Trader Joes or Whole Foods. Another wonder from the amazon that I love is Guarana. You can get it in powder form and mix it in with your tea or just have it with hot water.