Hot rod Pin striping etc,

Guest imported_sofarok

Guest imported_sofarok

Anyone out there know anything about this stuff? Seriously Ive had my eyes opened to this shit lately and I need to get on it, strikes me there’s more than a few similarities with Graff etc..so some one school me, I want history, links, flicks, everything….not many recources or places to see it first hand in the uk I guess

IMG_4142.JPG

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

fairly simple.....very very steady hand. I know some guys who do it for like 150-250 bucks a pop at car shows. I dont know what paint they use...but ive seen the brushes at model car shops.

The guys at shows just mix whatever color you want, stripe your car in a tent to somewhat avoid dust, and if its not straight, take a towel with a light thinner in it and wipe the line off, start over til its straight/symetrical.

Pinstriping is fun to learn. I never did a car, but when I was in High School, I practiced on scrap hood and fenders.

Use One-Shot enamel and try using a 00 Mack brush. 00's are thin. You can trim themn down to be really skinny.

I did Chinese calligraphy also, so it helped to steady my hand.

Ed Roth has a good how to book on striping. A newer book called PINSTRIPING MASTERS is pretty good, but it's more of a showcase book that has tips from some really great pinstripers. Pinstriping Graphics by John Hannukaine is really good.

HERE is a link to some good books.

HERE is another good link

And HERE is a great link for supplies.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...