hostel

boogie hands

im hard pressed to think of a shitpiece bigger than hostel...i was completely blow away by how bad this movie was. i would recommend rounding up a few friends, getting slightly drunk before hand (take a flask in with you as well) and going to see this movie. it was honestly one of the best times ive had at a movie in a while....in fact im going back to see it with some more friends tomorrow night. its that awesome.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest imported_El Mamerro

I have been genuinely scared by a horror movie exactly once in my life. That was "Candyman" in '92. I'm serious.

"Hostel" definitely seems to be more geared towards the Fangoria crowd than classic horror.

Originally posted by symbols@Jan 11 2006, 02:48 PM

dunno. i think i'm done with cheesy horror flicks

not saying everyone else should be..

i just prefer feeling scared as hell to laughing at soap opera gore.

for the most part i agree. while this movie was very, very funny i would prefer if they were still making horror movies on the level they were 20 or 30 years ago. fucking special effects.....

by the way...did anyone happen to see "wolf creek"? ive been debating spending the 8 bucks.

Guest imported_El Mamerro

I think you're referring to The Brotherhood of the Wolf. Personally, I love the movie, but I also believe that it's definitely one of the, if not THE silliest movie ever made. I have a feeling you would hate it unless you're in the right frame of mind to watch it, and the right frame of mind to watch it is "I'm gonna sit down and watch filmmakers go absolutely bananas with a script and jam together the most ridiculous, disparate elements of film into a semicoherent narrative".

Steve, I think you're referring to the Scream trilogy, not Scary Movie. I mix them up all the time too.

I could be wrong, but I think 'Hostel' was intended to be kind of cheesy. As someone said, it was meant as an ode to the B-movies of the '70's and '80's with its excessive use of senseless gore. That was the case with Eli Roth's last horror movie, 'Cabin Fever.' When I saw commercials for 'Hostel' and they said shit like "paramedics had to be called in response to the reactions of the theater members" I took it as almost a joke. Again, I could be wrong.

Yo Cabin Fever had me bugged out at the end. I was real high but, why the fuck does the movie go from like a whole scary type shit to those black people rolling up? They roll in and I think the redneck white guy goes "waddup nigga" and hands him a rifle he had fixed him up at the store. This seemed very odd and irrelevent to me. It left me like "what the fuck?"

Originally posted by GucciCondom@Jan 11 2006, 04:07 PM

Yo Cabin Fever had me bugged out at the end. I was real high but, why the fuck does the movie go from like a whole scary type shit to those black people rolling up? They roll in and I think the redneck white guy goes "waddup nigga" and hands him a rifle he had fixed him up at the store. This seemed very odd and irrelevent to me. It left me like "what the fuck?"

yeah that shit was stupid..

brotherhood of the wolf was great. ridiculous, yes, but very enjoyable.

When i saw a preview for hostel i wasn't paying attention so i thought tarantino was actually involved. later i learned they just threw his name in there to make people see it, because who the fuck is going to go see a movie if its like, "By the same director as Cabin Fever!" Needless to say, i won't be seeing this movie in theaters and i doubt i'll ever bother to rent it.