horsepower upgrades on imports?

Guest mopius

Guest mopius

okay, now i jsut got a new honda and was wondering what kind of horsepower upgrades there are....i have cold air intake and was planing on exhauast, but what else is there really?

i know on my old mustang i can do all kinds of shit to beef up the HP, but on these new fuel injected cars its somewhat of a mystery to me

anyone gots ideas?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

intake and exhaust dont provide any serious hp gains. civics are shitty cars, i still dont know why kids buy them and think they're fast... anyways,

if you got the money, you can put in a b18c1 engine (from a teg gsr) i think its about 170hp at the crank.

Guest imported_El Mamerro

Add an exhaust pipe large enough to smuggle illegal immigrants in, and you're set. Beer,

El Mamerro

theres a lot of stuff you can get for hp gains like port and polish,dc headers,50 shot nos,bypass valve for intake,hi- flow cat,converter,oh yeah and just dont get a crome muffler get a real exhaust a cat -back exhaust...if you want real hp gains.. theres alot more stuff but cant think of any more....

Guest --zeSto--

I HATE those little blue lights that people put on the hood.

And they always put them in the same place... jazz it up a bit!

Yeah, you already made your first mistake...Purchasing a Honda. Don't get me wrong, they're reliable cars, but throw them away for racing. Go for any import that carries the "flip-light" trend of the Eighties.

Shameless, drop me an e-mail. I'm in the middle of my 240-Silvia conversion. And you're back in the state of Irish people using the number 40 after their names, and in olden times Starbucks was the hot spot, correct?

Originally posted by seppuku

and whats your definition of a real sports car?

Me and my father just rebuilt/refinished a '83 280zx Turbo....

I killed a business man in a porshe yesterday who had the nerve to look at me and rev his engine...

Ill post a flick in a couple min...

Wheelbite...Indeed i am! Are you??

Email will be coming your way...

Guest --zeSto--
Originally posted by seppuku

um, they only go in one place... where the winshiled washer-fluid comes out of.

I've seen people stick them closer to the front of the hood,

and I even saw one with them on the sides just above the wheels.

The must have modified the led... for extra torque?

I HAVE A NEW HONDA AND IM RUNNING 12'S I AM GERTTING A SUPERCHARGER REAL REAL SOON....................;)

I BEAT A 5.O MUSTANG IN THE QUARTER MILE SUNDAY NIGHT, FUCK MUSCLE CARS "VIVA LA IMPORT REVOLUTION" :king:

Originally posted by fr8oholic

www.jacksonracing.com

get yourself a supercharger or do an engine swap. personally a nice t3/t4 turbo on top of an engine swap would be butter but i don't know your monetary situation.

you said it man, jackson racing superchargers are the sweetly sweets.

oh and any yellow decals adds 15 horse power.

i've heard that a CRV bottom end with a GSR head is the hot new all-motor hybrid. not sure how true that is, though.

H22 swap would be fast in anything but the heavy-ass quelude.

B18 swap plus turbo or SC would be quick.

otherwise, all the old-school hotrod tricks work on the new motors. higher compression with a decked head or different pistons, P/P, cams, header, exhaust, bigger injectors, etc.

STRIP all weight out of the car, easiest "free" HP gains. also, set your car up correctly for what you want to do..

DETO, i thought you had 18s on your "racecar". i remember a paltry list of mods dealing mostly with cosmetics in a thread you posted in a while ago... hmmmmm..

:confused:

Originally posted by juggernaut

i've heard that a CRV bottom end with a GSR head is the hot new all-motor hybrid. not sure how true that is, though.

H22 swap would be fast in anything but the heavy-ass quelude.

B18 swap plus turbo or SC would be quick.

otherwise, all the old-school hotrod tricks work on the new motors. higher compression with a decked head or different pistons, P/P, cams, header, exhaust, bigger injectors, etc.

STRIP all weight out of the car, easiest "free" HP gains. also, set your car up correctly for what you want to do..

DETO, i thought you had 18s on your "racecar". i remember a paltry list of mods dealing mostly with cosmetics in a thread you posted in a while ago... hmmmmm..

:confused:

i do have 18's Konig black opal, except someone stole all the valve stem covers off of them, fucking assholes! :mad: :mad:

Originally posted by --zeSto--

I've seen people stick them closer to the front of the hood,

and I even saw one with them on the sides just above the wheels.

The must have modified the led... for extra torque?

Are you sure those weren't side indicators?

Originally posted by --zeSto--

15 extra HP for fuzzy dice

5 extra %P for a sticker of taz or Calvin peeing

whoa whoa whoa, slow down there cowboy... those stickers only add horsepower if you're driving a muscle car... they've actually been known to have a detrimental effect on import's HP...

Guest --zeSto--
Originally posted by moyen

Are you sure those weren't side indicators?

positive... they were the same little blue LED that you see all over the place.

Is it battery powered? Or would the guy have to drill a hole for the power supply?

And I put an "It's All Good" banner sticker across the fromt of my Lada,

and now it's ready to race in the WRC!

if you want real power upgrades you're gonna have to add some sort of forced induction. fuck a jackson supercharger. vortech makes a kit for the civic...they might be working on an integra...fuck a swap too...what a waste of time and money...

if you want real power you should go with a turbo/supercharger. enough said. turn up the boost, run 93 octane, you can make decent torque and power.

a 50 shot of nitrous with cat-back and headers and intake (bah) wont give you anything but maybe 200 horsepower @ the front wheels. it's dumb.

you can also go the N/A route but that probably wont let you take the power above 250 hp....it's a ton of money too...engine blueprinting, head port/polish, bigger valves, honing, and stroking from 1.8 to 2 liter.

it's all about forced induction

Guest Catch22
Originally posted by fr8oholic

www.jacksonracing.com

get yourself a supercharger or do an engine swap. personally a nice t3/t4 turbo on top of an engine swap would be butter but i don't know your monetary situation.

Yeah in my opinion a Jackson Racing Supercharger is the way to go. Engine swap would be nice to but a supercharger is simpler to do. Check out their site it has all the info you need. I like the JR supercharger because it seems to have less wear on the engine. If your going to take your car to the strip maybe look at some turbo charger but for an everyday car I would go with the supercharger.

Archived