Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

.hopesfall. (The Satellite Years)

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by -Rage-, Sep 24, 2002.

1. -Rage-

-Rage- 12oz Loyalist

http://trustkill.com/store_images/music_144_523.jpg'>

In stores October 8...

Full streaming album starting Sept. 27th:
    [url=http://www.thesatelliteyears.com/]http://www.thesatelliteyears.com/[/url]

MisPantalones said that two songs (The Bending and Waitress) are available in places like Kazaa and AudioGalaxy.

I've got em if anyone's interested... seeking?

2. EatMorGlue

EatMorGlue Senior Member

those songs rock.. can't fuckin wait to hear the whole album or to catch their tour. i saw them at warped and it was incredible.

3. fr8oholic

fr8oholic Veteran Member

i don't have that one but i do have one that seeking left in my cd case!

tallyho!

4. -Rage-

-Rage- 12oz Loyalist

you lucky bastard!!!!!

:mad:

5. MisPantalonesEstaEnfuega

MisPantalonesEstaEnfuega Veteran Member

They are a completely different band now and I'm trying to figure out which I like more. Both are amazing.

They didn't come to warped tour show I went to and the closest they played on the 18v tour this summer was like two hours west.

I look like the old singer.

6. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

how are they different? i mean, i know the personel change, but how is the sound different. please describe.
    im awaiting this album like the second coming of christ.

7. MrChupacabra

MrChupacabra 12oz Loyalist

I'm now looking forward to october 8th very muchly

8. MisPantalonesEstaEnfuega

MisPantalonesEstaEnfuega Veteran Member

seeks man, you gotta keep on top of this shit.

The singer left so they have a new singer(No more huge dude with chin-strap, now a little guy that looks like the singer from saves the day). The lead guitarist was a litle bitch so they kicked him out. It's pretty much a new band. It's fucking good. It just doesn't really sound the same.

Old Singer: Deep voice
    New Singer: Not really a high voice but I'd say more medium.

Remember those mellow break downs of the old hopesfall where the singer would scream? Times those by one thousand, no more no less, and add a lot more singing. Very good. I guess they have grown more into their instruments and realized there is more than palm muting.

Example: Waitress - lots of those group shouts that are more ten yard fight and converge style.

*edited for being stupid.

9. EatMorGlue

EatMorGlue Senior Member

to add insult to injury, i don't think there could've been more than 100 people watching... as personal as it can get on warped. everybody that was there and not watching should have let me shit on their head... best performance i saw all day.

i read an interview that said the new album will be more melodic, but heavier. i anxiously await the 27th.

10. socrates

socrates Guest

The shit wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be good selection

11. EatMorGlue

EatMorGlue Senior Member

i can assume the streaming preview date was pushed back by technical difficulties... but anybody got any word on why they now say the release date is 10/15?

12. EatMorGlue

EatMorGlue Senior Member

mmhmmmm... back on top to remind folks that it's available today for preview :eek:

13. ctrl+alt+del

ctrl+alt+del Guest

hey thats weird how this thread title popped out to me. i saw they had it on a mirc channel. the entire cd that is, to download. is it any good? should i download it?

14. ctrl+alt+del

ctrl+alt+del Guest

oh and dude, audiogalaxy? are you joking me?

15. ctrl+alt+del

ctrl+alt+del Guest

andromeda
    waitress
    dead in magazine
    dana walker
    decoys like curves
    a man exits
    red shift
    only the clouds
    escape pods for intangibles
    the bending

those 10 tracks were the tracks they had under hopesfall - the satellite years. does that look complete? what kind of music is this?