Hopesfall, i just want to let you know how much you still mean to me!

seeking

i know i dont tell you all the time or anything, but you really mean alot to me. even if i dont say it in so many words, you know that im a great listener and i hope you can see how much you inspire me. i cant wait till i can see you sometime in the future. ive even considered coming out to your place, just so we can spend some time together, but right now the finances wont allow it. im hoping our paths can cross soon though, i really need more of you in my life. i wish everyone could have the experiences with you that i have, they would be much better people for it.

thats all. i love you.

seeking.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

hahahha....looks like someone has a little jesus in their heart....

regardless of the fact that those guys are a christian band i will say that i listened to them and they are phenomenal musicians....hardcore kids must feel bad theres a bunch of little christians running around schooling them at their own game....

i noticed they are from an area very close to me, i would actually consider going to see them if there wasnt such a high risk of jesus bombardment....

dude, im not even buying that christian shit. i havent found god mentioned once on their site. i think its all a lie made up by those that dont want you to rock fucking hard, cause thats what happens when you listen to hopesfall, you ROCK FUCKING HARD!

ok....im conviced....these guys are cool

.hopesfall. Interview

I interviewed Josh, the guitar player in .hopesfall. by email. I didn't know much about .hopesfall. to begin with and the answers were totually different to what I was expecting. I was actually very pleased with them. Thank you Josh for taking time to do this interview for me.

Give us a brief description of the band.

Hey this is Josh, I play guitar in .hopesfall. We are a heavy rock band that focuses on playing melodic, inspiring, passionate music. People have described us "emocore" and "hXc w/ emo parts" but we really feel like the music is heavy melodic rock with breakdowns and screaming and singing.

.hopesfall. is a christian band... Do you think when people know that before they listen to hopesfall, they are expecting relgion based lyrics?

That's a common misconception. .hopesfall. is NOT a christian band. We have never claimed to be one. However, we are all christians, but we don't wish to shove our beliefs on anyone. The emphasis in this band has been and always will be writing creative music. Lyrically, we write about situations we deal with, things that inspire us, and our collective pasts. Christ has some influence on that because we have relationships with him, so you can definatly see a spiritual side to some of the lyrics. But we do not preach and we do not believe in telling others what they should believe. We want to play shows in the scene for everyone, not just an audience that likes us because they think we believe like them.

Do you think people who are athiest will not listen to hopesfall because you label yourself as a christian band? what are you're views on this??

We don't label ourselves as a Christian band. We have had tons of athiests tell us they enjoy our music and appreciate the fact that we aren't trying to convert them from the stage. When it comes down to it, what you believe isn't going to matter if you don't rock. If you do rock and somebody doesn't appreciate your rock based on your beliefs, than that is their loss, and I'm not concerned with closeminded people.

Do you think religion has a place in hardcore??

hXc means alot of different things to alot of different people. For me, hXc is about music, not ethics, if I go to a show, Iwant to see a band rock. I don't want to hear them preach, and I don't care what they believe. However, I realize that the stage is a forum for expressing your beliefs, so if a band chooses to do that, I don't disprespect them, but I would rather just hear them play.

What were your reasons for starting hopesfall? What direction have you wanted while in this band? Do you think you've suceeded what you aimed for?

We started this band to play rock. We want to continue to write good music and play shows. I guess that we have been succesful enough to not quit yet, so as long as we move in a direction that we feel is forward, we will keep going.

What is the main message you want to make reach other people, which isn't relgion based??

The main message we have is rock and roll. But if I was going to use this band to convey a point, I would say to people, "Question what you have been taught to think about everything". Music, religion, school, work...Question it all...and search for the answers, because believing in something blindly is a waste of time. Find out why you believe what you believe and you will be a stronger person for it.

You are goign to be recording in a few months. How much has the sound and message changed?

The sound is going to be heavier, yet less hardocre...more melodic yet less emo, with an emphasis and high altitude space rock and breakdowns that make you want to hurt yourself and/or others. The lyrics deal with alienation and disappointment. We would say the new ep is going to be a much more mature work of art that the last album.

Is there anything else you'd like to meantion?

The new weezer is out. What are you waiting for? Josh and .hopesfall.

taken from misanthropy online zine.....

Re: ok....im conviced....these guys are cool

Originally posted by boogie hands

.hopesfall. Interview

Give us a brief description of the band.

We are a heavy rock band... ...we really feel like the music is heavy melodic rock.... .

.hopesfall. is a christian band... Do you think when people know that before they listen to hopesfall, they are expecting relgion based lyrics?

....hopesfall. is NOT a christian band.

Do you think people who are athiest will not listen to hopesfall because you label yourself as a christian band?

When it comes down to it, what you believe isn't going to matter if you don't rock.

Do you think religion has a place in hardcore??

if I go to a show, Iwant to see a band rock.

What were your reasons for starting hopesfall? What direction have you wanted while in this band? Do you think you've suceeded what you aimed for?

We started this band to play rock.

What is the main message you want to make reach other people, which isn't relgion based??

The main message we have is rock and roll.

You are goign to be recording in a few months. How much has the sound and message changed?

The sound is going to be heavier... ...breakdowns that make you want to hurt yourself and/or others.

so the moral of the story, which ive been pointing to all along, is that they FUCKING ROCK. my favorite movie is 'jesus christ superstar' why would i not like a band cause they were christian? thats as gay as rollerblading in hotpants.

• 1 year later...
Guest Propaganda

Yea hopesfalls is a good band. My fav song if "Open Hand to the Wind". They are emo Hardcore to what my knowledge knows.

wow i have a post on here saying i dont know who hopesfall is. how far i have come. They are one of my favorite bands now. The fraility of words is one of the best albums in the history of recorded music. It took me a long time to find i site where i could buy it though. The lyrics do metion god sometimes, but it doesnt get too bad. word

i would like to include 'end of an era' into the list.

" my searching eyes have never been so intrigued to see you

i guess you found a way to make ten minutes last forever

with each passing moment we drift further away...

closer to our chosen paths

but i can't help remembering what was...

what might have been

but i have been warned by those who have passed this way before

and to them i am grateful

and as for you i am also grateful...

and i pray you find the peace you have been longing for "

i dont even care if they talk about god. i talk about god. i like god. im starting to become christian. christ was a buddhist who lacked the patience to meditate.

its all the same.

I recently saw these guys live a few times and the first time i saw them, the singer landed in the crowd upside down with kids holding him up. He sang most of the song with his feet touching the ceiling. I go to a lot of shows and i have to say that was something i haven't really seen before. Good live set. They seem like genuine guys and not too into themselves which is an unfortunate trait that i see all too often in h/c these days.

I really like the design on The Satellite Years cd. Trustkill.com has pretty nice desktop downloads from it if any of you are interested.

Hmm.. The Frailty of Words is not as tight as No Wings or The Satellite Years. Their live stuff kicks ass.

Fuck the Christian tip. I'm totally atheistic and I love them for their music. And the fact that the drummer buys people beer!!!

Archived