Hopesfall - A Types

Spike

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i heard a couple of the songs recently.

not sure what to think.

it's definitely a departure from the old stuff. even more so than satellites was (which i actually happen to think is a really good album).

they're not the same band they were, but i still like them. if this album turns out to be wack, then i'll still have three albums that i really like. no big deal.

i did just get a really dope baby blue hopesfall shirt a couple weeks ago. shit is twin hype.

Hopesfall was good with their first full length and then the wings to speak of EP. After that they sucked.

I actually think that first full length is one of the best peices of recorded music in the history of man kind. Their old singers voice sounded like the very winds of time as the shimmering guitars transported you sould towards the infinite now, giving off a spiritual energy that is rarely captured with soundwaves.

Mayby not quite like that, but thats what comes to my mind when I listen to them. (I am not christian either)

Originally posted by suburbian bum@Oct 15 2004, 04:19 AM

Hopesfall was good with their first full length and then the wings to speak of EP. After that they sucked.

I actually think that first full length is one of the best peices of recorded music in the history of man kind. Their old singers voice sounded like the very winds of time as the shimmering guitars transported you sould towards the infinite now, giving off a spiritual energy that is rarely captured with soundwaves.

Mayby not quite like that, but thats what comes to my mind when I listen to them. (I am not christian either)

That is definitely a review you write under the influence of a mind altering chemical.

Aren't you straight edge?

I can sum up the problem with Hopesfall like this. Watch closely

Frailty of Words

Vocals - Doug Venable

Guitar - Josh Brigham

Guitar - Ryan Parrish

Bass - Chris Kincaid

Drums - Adam Morgan

No Wings To Speak of

Vocals - Doug Venable

Guitar - Josh Brigham

Guitar - Ryan Parrish

Bass - Pat Aldrich

Drums - Adam Morgan

The Satellite Years

Vocals - Jay Forrest

Guitar - Josh Brigham

Guitar - Ryan Parrish

Bass - Chad Waldrup

Drums - Adam Morgan

Touring in between

Vocals - Jay Forrest

Guitar - Josh Brigham

Guitar - Chad Waldrup

Bass - Adam Baker

Drums - Adam Morgan

A Types

Vocals - Jay Forrest

Guitar - Josh Brigham

Guitar - Dustin Nadler

Bass - Mike Tyson

Drums - Adam Baker

Spot anything?

Originally posted by Spike@Oct 15 2004, 02:41 PM

I can sum up the problem with Hopesfall like this. Watch closely

Frailty of Words

Vocals - Doug Venable

Guitar - Josh Brigham

Guitar - Ryan Parrish

Bass - Chris Kincaid

Drums - Adam Morgan

No Wings To Speak of

Vocals - Doug Venable

Guitar - Josh Brigham

Guitar - Ryan Parrish

Bass - Pat Aldrich

Drums - Adam Morgan

The Satellite Years

Vocals - Jay Forrest

Guitar - Josh Brigham

Guitar - Ryan Parrish

Bass - Chad Waldrup

Drums - Adam Morgan

Touring in between

Vocals - Jay Forrest

Guitar - Josh Brigham

Guitar - Chad Waldrup

Bass - Adam Baker

Drums - Adam Morgan

A Types

Vocals - Jay Forrest

Guitar - Josh Brigham

Guitar - Dustin Nadler

Bass - Mike Tyson

Drums - Adam Baker

Spot anything?

isn't josh their rythm guitar?

I hate bands like this (I'm thinking throwdown, between the buried and me...)

hey man, nothing lasts forever.

i do think it's sad to keep up the facade of something that no longer is, but whatever. satellite years is still a very good record to me, so i dont care.

the new clutch album absolutely sucks, but it doesnt change my undying love for them. they just went in a direction i wasnt feeling as much. that's fine. it's not their job to keep me amused.

besides, it would probably be alot more productive for me to find a happy relationship, rather than a band that comforts me through all the bad ones.

Originally posted by MisPantalonesEstaEnfuega@Oct 15 2004, 02:52 PM

I hate bands like this (I'm thinking throwdown, between the buried and me...)

what?

BTBAM have only had one lineup change ever, and they kick fucking ass

come to think of it, the guitarist they swapped in came from glasscasket who they tour with ... so they couldn't have found a better guitarist to sub for the interim until they can replace him

edit: come to think of it... this new hopesfall is similar to me in the direction poison the well went ... opposite of december was brutal (the good brutal) in comparison to their newest CD

Don't get me wrong, for all my bitching and whining I'll probably still go out and buy the album because hell, it's still better than a lot of the stuff out there

My major rant-and-whine about this whole thing is that Hopesfall lost who I thought was one of the most talented drummers in that genre... as a drummer myself, I'm telling you, Adam Morgan was fucking excellent and actually had a lot of really cool, subtle stuff going on that I got to see up close and live. Dude was in control of his drums and was actually quite technical, believe it or not. If you're a drummer and want to contest this, sit down and try and play all the drum parts on No Wings To Speak Of like he does... you'll struggle, I guarantee it

And now, the new drummer is their tour bassist, who can't even nail the double kick stuff (e.g. the start of The End Of An Era... I was so disappointed when I saw them in August and he couldn't even keep up) or any of the subtler stuff that Morgan did within his grooves. I don't think Hopesfall will be getting any comments along the lines of "the drummer is excellent" like they used to... the drums now (in my opinion) drag the rest of the music down, which is a shame considering how good they used to be

If anyone knows where all the old Hopesfall members have gone to music-wise, lemme know

Rant over kids. Carry on

Originally posted by seeking@Oct 15 2004, 06:24 PM

yeah, that sort of 'change' is usually referred to as 'progression'.

you can only make so much angry music for so long before you realize there are more notes to be played.

no no no

look at pig destroyer, they have like 125 songs under their belts.

And don't try and give me that "well, they're only a minute long." crap.

Father John>>

That was really clever, i'm totally stealing it.

Originally posted by MisPantalonesEstaEnfuega@Oct 14 2004, 09:26 PM

That is definitely a review you write under the influence of a mind altering chemical.

Aren't you straight edge?

Not completely, but the only mind altersubstand I take is alcohol and that is about twice a year, its just how I write. You should read some of my anal cunt album reviews that I actually spend time to analize the music and stuff. Ill try to pull it up...

• 3 weeks later...

if you want to dump it to me over aim later on, i'd happily trade you for something else.

it's funny, with all my love for hopesfall, i've never actually bought any of their albums new. satelite years is the only one i actually purchased, and i got it used.

i have bought shirts every time i've seen them though, so that counts for something. plus, i've done enough preaching that simply by trickle down economics, they got their money out of me.

is it really that bad though?

the couple songs i heard live were....rock. i didnt let it bother me at the time though, because its very rare that you hear a brand new song and instantly love it. atleast with me it is.

Well, I heard the Trustkill E-card and love the two songs on it.

"It Happens" and "Icarus"

...the others are just... eh.

I'd be happy to send it to you over AIM, but I've got to work until about 2a.

Will you be on around then, or even sometime Friday?

<-- no1ragefan

• 3 weeks later...