HOODIES AND HAT BAN!

gone gone forever

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sneak

there a shopping centre near me which has outlawed "hoods hats, caps, bike helmets, balaclavas..."

i make a point of walking through each time with as many of the items on me.

but you do see the point of how a group of youts standing round in a town with hoods up can be threatening.

yeh but that happens evrewere sneak, thing i dont get, they gona bang a 25 year old with a hat and hoodie ? it's a style in a way, and there banning people's style's and choices? it's just not far, and in shops, "2 school children at a time" it's fuckin pathetic, all of it's bullshit! :hatred: :hatred: :hatred: :hatred: :hatred: :hatred:

Originally posted by hopeizm@May 21 2005, 11:18 PM

hmmmm i get the point in a way.... you know you see them kids with a baseball cap and a hood on and they try to give you imtidating looks and that..... I bet a lot of them would feel uncomplete without their silly flat caps haha

Who the hell doesn't where hats and hoodies? Espescially from fall till spring when it's cold? Let someone try and tell me I can't where a hat! :rolleyes:

Originally posted by SF1+May 21 2005, 11:23 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SF1 - May 21 2005, 11:23 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-hopeizm@May 21 2005, 11:18 PM

hmmmm i get the point in a way.... you know you see them kids with a baseball cap and a hood on and they try to give you imtidating looks and that..... I bet a lot of them would feel uncomplete without their silly flat caps haha

Who the hell doesn't where hats and hoodies? Espescially from fall till spring when it's cold? Let someone try and tell me I can't where a hat! :rolleyes:

[/b]

haha, it was more directed towards these guys who wear them because of the image thing, fashion statement gone wrong!...... some of these kids wear that stuff to try and show they are down or whatever and trust me there are some right fuckwits out there, one minute you see them without the hood up and they are all meek and the next they have a new era cap on with a hood over the top and they are cutting you looks trying to start some shit ....... england is full of sheep

Bring back curved peak caps hahahahahahahah

Originally posted by heroin dart@May 22 2005, 12:05 AM

"2 school children at a time" it's fuckin pathetic

thats because if you let in more than 3/4, the shop gets robbed silly. it is annoying, but you gotta understand why they do it.

about the hoody's, i think its pretty stupid, but to be honest i can't see it working very well anyway. people arne't gonna think " oh, i'm not supposed to have my hood up, better take it down." are they?

Originally posted by casekonly@May 21 2005, 11:54 PM

is this an english thing? i know sneak is english, and there's english slang going strong in this thread....haven't heard of this in the states.

Looks like it Casekonly, unless it works in the uk, which i dont think will happen. I think it will only make things worse. I remember when i was younger if i heard about something like that i would go out of my way to challenge security.

Originally posted by Home Time+May 21 2005, 09:54 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Home Time - May 21 2005, 09:54 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-casekonly@May 21 2005, 11:54 PM

is this an english thing? i know sneak is english, and there's english slang going strong in this thread....haven't heard of this in the states.

Looks like it Casekonly, unless it works in the uk, which i dont think will happen. I think it will only make things worse. I remember when i was younger if i heard about something like that i would go out of my way to challenge security.

[/b]

same here. it does sound ridiculous to ban hoodies and hats, though

Guest sneak

it is fucking pathetic when you boil it down.

banning clothes. what on fucking earth? we live in the uk, argueably one of the best countries in the world (well, we sure as hell arent as fucked as america!!) we have democracy, with a relativly decent government in charge (face it, blair is better than thatcher, major, howard and co). bloody ridiculous i tell theeeee....

im against it, but still..every one must see that groups of youts with their matching ecko tracksuits (courtesy of jd sports), new era hats and air forces ones congreating in shopping centres or on road is threatening to the older, middle england generation.

fuck it though, im nice to old people and im probably classed by people on the street as one of "them". one time, me and one of my girl housemates got lost and she watched in amazement as i (originally wearing hoods and hats) calmly changed my appearance and went up to two 70 year olds to ask directions and ended up having a chat to them. my flatmate just stared, mouth open as i walked away having left these old dears thinking how nice i was as i put my hat on and caught a tag...thus undoing it all.

yes im stoned, i ramble. and what?

For real, bare bullshit going down recently, banning hats and hoods, fuck that. What the older generation don't realize is that THEY made the younger generation what they are today by voting conservative for over a decade. Therefor basically killing most government funding for education, youth programs, urban regeneration and the like. It's not the kids fault we are like that, its society's. If they really want to stop violent street crime, give the kids something to do rather than let them stand out on road. The middle class, middle aged +, needs to grow the fuck up.

I got such a good laugh out of this thread! Honestly, you guys just kill me. Let's see:

Dateline: Houston, Texas 1968

"They're trying to ban tie-dyed shirts and bell-bottoms and long hair! This week some over-thirty square put up a sign in his cafe, "No shirt, no shoes, no service!" They are such FASCISTS, nothing but war-mongering lackeys of THE SYSTEM! There's no way they are going to stop us from listening to groovy, kick ass bands like the Stones and the Beatles and Buffalo Springfield! Rock and roll will NEVER DIE."

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha, hoo haa ha ha ha rock and roll will never die! Oh, man. I need to go lie down. Ha ha ha ha hah ha ha ha!

its the job of the Adults to worry for the youth....

and the job of the YOUTH to make the older worry for them.

its a never ending cycle ... part of the human experience, the youth cant see it yet and the adults want them to. nothing new ... i dont like seeing this attitude of protect the kids from anything they shouldnt do. if you dont make mistakes how the fuck you supposed to learn ???

if this is in the uk (which it undoubtly is)this must just apply to chav clothes wearing twats (it's like the pubs banning burberry everything!)

and honestly who feels threaten by a guy in a hoodie and a hat??i mean the reason he is wearing that stuff is to appear harder/bigger than he is.....and as for the going out of the way to break the security thing..i have to go out of my way to avoid that shit being 6'3ft and about 13 stone has draw backs..i only have to stand outside a shop and look in and the shop people get security to come out and see why im there (well least up north they do :shook: )

Around my way nike is known as 'the crime wave' any one wearing nike in the city is on the crime wave. Youth have long used a dress code to distinguish themselves from the crowd. Hats and hoodies are a sign that some one is up to no good. When I get in a friend's car I take my hat off because when wearing one in the car you are more likely to be pulled over.

Why is it so pathetic? Are you all fucking stupid?

It's simple - some (not all) teens wear these clothes to hide their faces when on the rob or whatever. This look intimidates customers of the stores enforcing the ban, and so the store bans the wearing of these clothes so their customers can shop and spend without any problem. Whether or not the ratbag street urchins are actually doing anything wrong is irrelevant, the style of dress makes their customers unhappy and the store doesn't need that.

It's the store's property (remember this isn't a country wide ban) and they can do what they like. It's like a nightclub - you don't want to dress to our codes? well, fuck off then.

And fair enough. Why are you getting so riled about it? Lose the hood if you want to shop there. In fact, lose it anyway cos you look like a cunt wearing them.

Originally posted by mkonji+May 24 2005, 03:22 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mkonji - May 24 2005, 03:22 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>t's not the kids fault we are like that, its society's. If they really want to stop violent street crime, give the kids something to do rather than let them stand out on road. The middle class, middle aged +, needs to grow the fuck up.

[/b]

you've got to be fucking kidding right?? there's more now for bored kids to do than ever before. And what has the middle class got to do with it?

<!--QuoteBegin-mkonji@May 24 2005, 03:22 PM

'What the older generation don't realize is that THEY made the younger generation what they are today by voting conservative for over a decade.'

ARE YOU ON DRUGS?? Seriously are you for real?! So there'd be no crime if we all voted for Kinnock back in the day?

This thread is great, you can so tell who's a whippersnapper and who's an old fart.

We are! We are! We are the Hoodies!

Actually talking of mods, i was in Brighton with me lady on sun / mon. First time for me. All the old MODS were dsplaying their mopeds on the beachfront and it was funny to see them because all the imagery of mods was of young people on peds but now they're are all 50 odd and going grey and it kind of smashes the illusion of youth culture and makes me think we're all just going to get old and die no matter what rebelliousness we get up to.

oh, :( i've just depressed my self.

^^

Can't wait to see them all gathered in Croydon town centre 40 years from now - 50yr olds rocking baby blue trackies and hoods and giving Chaaaaaantelle and baby Armani a bit of a slap for old time's sake

Chav Reunion 2055, bring it on :king:

Originally posted by sneak@May 21 2005, 06:51 PM

...has outlawed "hoods hats, caps, bike helmets, balaclavas...

outlaw ski maks and only outlaws will have them!

200px-Balaclava_and_gun.jpg