Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

HOODIES AND HAT BAN!

Discussion in 'News' started by heroin dart, May 21, 2005.

1. heroin dart

heroin dart Senior Member

What do you lot think about this? Basically in places, such as shopping centres, they have banned people wearing hoodies and hat's! I think this law is fuckin pathetic, are they going to judge everybody, or discriminate people by not letting certain people in?! :hatred:

2. sneak

sneak Guest

there a shopping centre near me which has outlawed "hoods hats, caps, bike helmets, balaclavas..."

i make a point of walking through each time with as many of the items on me.

but you do see the point of how a group of youts standing round in a town with hoods up can be threatening.

3. bleeeeegh

bleeeeegh Member

What about someone/group of people wearing say, a turban/s... What do they do then?

4. heroin dart

yeh but that happens evrewere sneak, thing i dont get, they gona bang a 25 year old with a hat and hoodie ? it's a style in a way, and there banning people's style's and choices? it's just not far, and in shops, "2 school children at a time" it's fuckin pathetic, all of it's bullshit! :hatred: :hatred: :hatred: :hatred: :hatred: :hatred:

5. hopeizm

hopeizm Member

hmmmm i get the point in a way.... you know you see them kids with a baseball cap and a hood on and they try to give you imtidating looks and that..... I bet a lot of them would feel uncomplete without their silly flat caps haha

6. SF1

SF1 Elite Member

Who the hell doesn't where hats and hoodies? Espescially from fall till spring when it's cold? Let someone try and tell me I can't where a hat! :rolleyes:

7. casekonly

casekonly Veteran Member

is this an english thing? i know sneak is english, and there's english slang going strong in this thread....haven't heard of this in the states.

8. hopeizm

hopeizm Member

Who the hell doesn't where hats and hoodies? Espescially from fall till spring when it's cold? Let someone try and tell me I can't where a hat! :rolleyes:
    [post=3964348]Quoted post[/post]​
    [/b][/quote]

haha, it was more directed towards these guys who wear them because of the image thing, fashion statement gone wrong!...... some of these kids wear that stuff to try and show they are down or whatever and trust me there are some right fuckwits out there, one minute you see them without the hood up and they are all meek and the next they have a new era cap on with a hood over the top and they are cutting you looks trying to start some shit ....... england is full of sheep

Bring back curved peak caps hahahahahahahah

9. El Producto

El Producto Senior Member

thats because if you let in more than 3/4, the shop gets robbed silly. it is annoying, but you gotta understand why they do it.

about the hoody's, i think its pretty stupid, but to be honest i can't see it working very well anyway. people arne't gonna think " oh, i'm not supposed to have my hood up, better take it down." are they?

10. Home Time

Home Time Senior Member

Looks like it Casekonly, unless it works in the uk, which i dont think will happen. I think it will only make things worse. I remember when i was younger if i heard about something like that i would go out of my way to challenge security.

11. casekonly

casekonly Veteran Member

Looks like it Casekonly, unless it works in the uk, which i dont think will happen. I think it will only make things worse. I remember when i was younger if i heard about something like that i would go out of my way to challenge security.
    [post=3964506]Quoted post[/post]​
    [/b][/quote]

same here. it does sound ridiculous to ban hoodies and hats, though

12. fatalist

fatalist Dirty Dozen Crew

MAN, EVERY DAY I READ SOMETHING MORE STUPID.

13. heroin dart

fair point el p, but it's just stupid!

14. KING BLING

KING BLING Guest

THEY'RE TRYING TO BAN HIP HOP!

15. sneak

sneak Guest

it is fucking pathetic when you boil it down.
    banning clothes. what on fucking earth? we live in the uk, argueably one of the best countries in the world (well, we sure as hell arent as fucked as america!!) we have democracy, with a relativly decent government in charge (face it, blair is better than thatcher, major, howard and co). bloody ridiculous i tell theeeee....

im against it, but still..every one must see that groups of youts with their matching ecko tracksuits (courtesy of jd sports), new era hats and air forces ones congreating in shopping centres or on road is threatening to the older, middle england generation.

fuck it though, im nice to old people and im probably classed by people on the street as one of "them". one time, me and one of my girl housemates got lost and she watched in amazement as i (originally wearing hoods and hats) calmly changed my appearance and went up to two 70 year olds to ask directions and ended up having a chat to them. my flatmate just stared, mouth open as i walked away having left these old dears thinking how nice i was as i put my hat on and caught a tag...thus undoing it all.

yes im stoned, i ramble. and what?