Homeland Security Act

jades_blue

Now, I don't know much about politics but I've been trying to educate myself on current bills that are being passed and what exactly our goverment is doing to us. If I'm incorrect about a certain piece of information, please correct me. If you have any insight about a certain topic, section or bill that I state, I'd like to hear what you have to say.

From my basic understanding of this bill, the department will be able to monitor and trace what every citizen does. (Not that they haven't been doing this already - this just makes it that much worse and legit.)

title II, section 203 - access to information They will also have the ability to share this information freely with other departments of the homeland security department. Goverment, non-goverment, private sectors & individuals are ecouraged to give up information freely.title II, section 204 - information voluntarily provided Which includes Department of Homeland Security, the National Infrastructure Protection Center of the FBI (other than the Computer Investigations and Operations Section), the National Communications System of the Department of Defense, the Critical Infrastructure Assurance Office of the Department of Commerce, the Computer Security Division of the National Institute of Standards and Technology, the National Infrastructure Simulation and Analysis Center of the Department of Energy, and the Federal Computer Incident Response Center of the General Services Administration. title II, section 202 - fuctions transferred Basically an EYE on america.

I also understand that they're going to be able to take over 'biological, radiological, chemical and other nuclear countermeasures'. title III, section 302 - functions transferred Ok, so I'm not exactly sure about title III, section 303 - conduct of certain public health-related activities but are they saying that they can test the public with these chemicals freely? As long as it's for research?

So why would the department of agriculture have to report to The Department of Homeland under the Border and Transportation Security Title? They have nothing to do with the border or transportation. title IV, section 402

(Oh, I see this is getting long...)

Ok, I'll be brief (if possible.) They'll be able to take over all recovery systems in a state of emergency or disaster. All public health agencies have to basically drop what they're doing and follow the priorities that the Secretary sets. So, they'll be picking and choosing who gets treatment and at what time. Some people may not even get treated at all! title V - section 1-5

ok.. I'm going to shut up now.. open discussion. I'll be back...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Newspeak - The official language of Oceania. Newspeak is "politically correct" speech taken to its maximum extent. Newspeak is based on standard English, but all words describing "unorthodox" political ideas have been removed. In addition, there was an attempt to remove the overall number of words in general, to limit the range of ideas that could be expressed.

The most important aim of newspeak was to provide a means of speaking that required no thought what-so-ever. It uses abbreviations or clipped conjunctions in order to mask or alter a word's true meaning. For example, words such as Miniluv and joycamp, allow the speaker to speak without actually being force to think about what they were talking about.. or at least, not as much as if they were required to use complete phrases such as "Ministry of Love" or "Forced Labor Camp". These words just roll right off the lips before the speaker can even contemplate what he is really saying.

Reducing the number of words also removes any literary value to writing, because there would only be one distinct way to present any particular concept. It would be impossible to write a book like Common Sense , Uncle Tom's Cabin, or even 1984 in Newspeak. Not only would the correct words for certain concepts not be available, but a lack of adjectives would cause the writing would be completely bland and unemotional, which in itself would keep people from reading at all.

homeland security my ass !

watch what you say and do...

because you too could be a terrorist. or you best friend, he could be a terrorist. or you mom or your dad.

it's like the mccarthy era. you all are a bunch of commie subverts so we have to watch you...

for your own good.

Originally posted by Kilo7-

Newspeak - The official language of Oceania. Newspeak is "politically correct" speech taken to its maximum extent. Newspeak is based on standard English, but all words describing "unorthodox" political ideas have been removed. In addition, there was an attempt to remove the overall number of words in general, to limit the range of ideas that could be expressed.

The most important aim of newspeak was to provide a means of speaking that required no thought what-so-ever. It uses abbreviations or clipped conjunctions in order to mask or alter a word's true meaning. For example, words such as Miniluv and joycamp, allow the speaker to speak without actually being force to think about what they were talking about.. or at least, not as much as if they were required to use complete phrases such as "Ministry of Love" or "Forced Labor Camp". These words just roll right off the lips before the speaker can even contemplate what he is really saying.

Reducing the number of words also removes any literary value to writing, because there would only be one distinct way to present any particular concept. It would be impossible to write a book like Common Sense , Uncle Tom's Cabin, or even 1984 in Newspeak. Not only would the correct words for certain concepts not be available, but a lack of adjectives would cause the writing would be completely bland and unemotional, which in itself would keep people from reading at all.

homeland security my ass !

Where did you get this from? It sounds familiar, but I can't remember where I read it.

nevermind. 1984.

this is fucking scary shit. as if the new world order proclamations had subsided post 2000 and all then this should be a rather big boot in ass to check your head. what's that talking horse on ren and stimpy say with his arms crossed??

'uhhh, no sir, i don't like it. i don't like it at all.'

ouhhh scary...

might as well sit on the internet....(thats right... not look at the screen.. just right on top of it) and do the whoopie with my girl as many times before the world burns.. and the onlything left is earth worms.

yes... and huxley was right.. we've been speaking newspeak for a while now...

internet.. news."broadcast" is a joke.

media.ocriticy hypocrisy

I think that what upsets me the most is the fact that the public isn't aware of what's going on. Even if they do, they don't really care. They're too busy drinking their mochas and running to the store to buy a new pair of shoes.

Oh! But what about me? What about my needs? I'm going to sit here and watch the tube, while consuming (food and tangible goods) until I explode. Who cares about the future and my children. It's a fucking wonder we're the fatest nation in the world. Hello! Open your eyes and see the bigger picture.

What I'm wondering, is what can be done? Obviously there is something? The only thing that I can think to do is to inform others about the severity of this. Educate the masses right?.. no.. ?

I don't know. I just don't want to feel as if I've given myself away so freely to a goverment who's going to rape me, my future and everyone else around me because they deem it as being just.

Archived