Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Homeland Security Act

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by jades_blue, Nov 20, 2002.

1. jades_blue

jades_blue Senior Member

Now, I don't know much about politics but I've been trying to educate myself on current bills that are being passed and what exactly our goverment is doing to us. If I'm incorrect about a certain piece of information, please correct me. If you have any insight about a certain topic, section or bill that I state, I'd like to hear what you have to say.

From my basic understanding of this bill, the department will be able to monitor and trace what every citizen does. (Not that they haven't been doing this already - this just makes it that much worse and legit.)
    title II, section 203 - access to information They will also have the ability to share this information freely with other departments of the homeland security department. Goverment, non-goverment, private sectors & individuals are ecouraged to give up information freely.title II, section 204 - information voluntarily provided Which includes Department of Homeland Security, the National Infrastructure Protection Center of the FBI (other than the Computer Investigations and Operations Section), the National Communications System of the Department of Defense, the Critical Infrastructure Assurance Office of the Department of Commerce, the Computer Security Division of the National Institute of Standards and Technology, the National Infrastructure Simulation and Analysis Center of the Department of Energy, and the Federal Computer Incident Response Center of the General Services Administration. title II, section 202 - fuctions transferred Basically an EYE on america.

I also understand that they're going to be able to take over 'biological, radiological, chemical and other nuclear countermeasures'. title III, section 302 - functions transferred Ok, so I'm not exactly sure about title III, section 303 - conduct of certain public health-related activities but are they saying that they can test the public with these chemicals freely? As long as it's for research?

So why would the department of agriculture have to report to The Department of Homeland under the Border and Transportation Security Title? They have nothing to do with the border or transportation. title IV, section 402

(Oh, I see this is getting long...)

Ok, I'll be brief (if possible.) They'll be able to take over all recovery systems in a state of emergency or disaster. All public health agencies have to basically drop what they're doing and follow the priorities that the Secretary sets. So, they'll be picking and choosing who gets treatment and at what time. Some people may not even get treated at all! title V - section 1-5

ok.. I'm going to shut up now.. open discussion. I'll be back...

2. socrates

socrates Guest

DOA has to report to the HDO because crops go over seas and is a weak spot for defense(germ warfare)

3. Intangible

Intangible 12oz Legend

im sure what he said is right....

4. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Veteran Member

Newspeak - The official language of Oceania. Newspeak is "politically correct" speech taken to its maximum extent. Newspeak is based on standard English, but all words describing "unorthodox" political ideas have been removed. In addition, there was an attempt to remove the overall number of words in general, to limit the range of ideas that could be expressed.
    The most important aim of newspeak was to provide a means of speaking that required no thought what-so-ever. It uses abbreviations or clipped conjunctions in order to mask or alter a word's true meaning. For example, words such as Miniluv and joycamp, allow the speaker to speak without actually being force to think about what they were talking about.. or at least, not as much as if they were required to use complete phrases such as "Ministry of Love" or "Forced Labor Camp". These words just roll right off the lips before the speaker can even contemplate what he is really saying.
    Reducing the number of words also removes any literary value to writing, because there would only be one distinct way to present any particular concept. It would be impossible to write a book like Common Sense , Uncle Tom's Cabin, or even 1984 in Newspeak. Not only would the correct words for certain concepts not be available, but a lack of adjectives would cause the writing would be completely bland and unemotional, which in itself would keep people from reading at all.

homeland security my ass !

5. zorak

zorak Member

watch what you say and do...

because you too could be a terrorist. or you best friend, he could be a terrorist. or you mom or your dad.

it's like the mccarthy era. you all are a bunch of commie subverts so we have to watch you...

for your own good.

6. socrates

socrates Guest

They can legally tap my phone without a warrant and obly percived cause

7. jades_blue

jades_blue Senior Member

Hmm.. guess this doesn't matter to people. Oh well -- when you're all being ramed up the ass... don't go crying. You will have deserved it so you should enjoy it.

8. effyoo

effyoo Elite Member

Where did you get this from? It sounds familiar, but I can't remember where I read it.

nevermind. 1984.

9. SteveAustin

SteveAustin Veteran Member

I smell a witch hunt.

Remember Salem?

How about the red scare in Hollywood a few decades ago.

:eek:

10. Mr. Mang

Mr. Mang Elite Member

i don't know much

but i think i know we're all pretty much fucked

11. sneak

sneak Guest

uh oh....unlucky you yanks

12. 23578

23578 Elite Member

you will be next you damn redcoats.

13. sneak

sneak Guest

redcoats?? youd best not be implying i work ay butlins...lol

14. 23578

23578 Elite Member

redcoats-part of king george's army, you know, when yankee was first used.

nah, you guys are the first in line as i see things.

15. sneak

sneak Guest

if im being honest, then i dont really know...