Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

home-made markers

Discussion in 'Third Rail' started by throw-up, Jul 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. throw-up

throw-up New Jack

whats-up all,

if there is already a post about this, and this post is utterly useless, please tell me

Anyways, i heard many a story about making home-made markers, but one caught my attention.
    I heard that it was possible to make a marker using an empty deodorant stick, and since i had 1 or 2 somewhere i decided to try it out.
    I started by cleaning out the remaining residue in the stick, then i turned the dispensing dial all the way to the end so that it is at the bottom.
    After, i heard you are supposed to jam a sock into the stick to hold the ink, but being that i value my socks, i had to improvise by using 2 sponges.
    Next, i filled the stick with (what i thought to be permanent) ink, well i filled the cap with ink and turned it upside down so at least the top of the sponge gets saturated.
    After turning it over a few times to let the ink soak in, i then went out tagging later that night.

Results:
    Well, this marker worked pretty well, the lines were fat, and drippy, one draw-back though was that the texture of the sponge made it possible for it to get stuck or caught on the surface you are writing on and the sponge got pulled out.
    I remedied this problem by pulling a stocking/tights/panty hose (whatever) over the sponge and stick itself, making writing smoother and easier, but alot more messy.
    Also the ink solution i used really sucked, but thanks to this website i have many ink recipes to try out.

Anyways i hope this post was informative, and if you have the real instruction on how to make this kind of marker or any other kind for that matter, let me know.

keep writing everyone
    peace

2. Dick Quickwood

Dick Quickwood 12oz Loyalist

3. Smart

Smart Dirty Dozen Crew

there's already a post about this and this thread is utterly useless... thanks for playing

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.