Holiday Plans - 2016 Edition

misteraven

Anyone doing anything cool for the holidays (or December / January) this year?

Art Basel perhaps or some trip to a far away land? Since I didn't win the $420 million dollar Powerball, I've adjusted my plans somewhat, but regardless... I'm in the process of moving to another state, but hoping to still slide in plenty of snowboarding if I can manage.

Anyone doing anything cool?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

besides constantly debating on which new phone to buy my only plans (somewhat) are to go see my son in michigan and spend some time with him since i didnt get a chance to see him for thanksgiving.. i say somewhat because i dont really trust the thought of going to michigan.. me and his mother are on alot better terms than before but i still dont get along with her new bf and if we see eachother something bad is gonna happen without a doubt i just dont wanna go and be basically a sitting duck just there by myself on their own turf you know.. he should be in oklahoma with his family for a week or so but i cant trust her word too much... so its either go spend time with my boy or see him some other time which is unfortunately rare for me to do so... decisions decisions...

I'll probably stay pretty low-key this year. Kicking back with some drinks and food with my girl and her family and disconnecting from work for a bit sounds really nice.

Seems as you get older that the things we appreciate get increasingly simple. If we were all like 19, we'd be like, "yeah, I'm going to backpack Europe and paint 100 trains in 15 countries".

Well shit there's still a month left in the year to get a few in! And... it's a good time of year to do some exploring.

I know at least 4 people w/ B-days within days of each other so should add up to multiple fun.

I tend to keep NYE low key- get my good food and drink and me and the lady stay home and make different things until midnight. Always satisfying and I feel like I'm saving time from dealing with drunken assholes, drunken drivers, and people trying to make $$ off of the night.

And yeah, if I was 21 again or whatever I'd probably have that 2' tall bottle of champagne sitting on the porch getting cold for a night of mayhem, lol.

i've done big multi-country international trips immediately after new years for the past two years in a row. i'm in a less seasonal job now so i don't get as much time off + it's not really an option.

will probably paint some freights, do/sell some artwork, maybe get tattooed (first one!). title fight is coming to dc 1/7 and i don't wanna miss that either.

next trip may just be cuba but i dunno how/if/when that'll open up... but i wanna get there before starbucks.

• Like 1

I did a big Euro trip in August so I'll be hanging about the house most the time cleaning and restoring my BBQ, painting the ceiling in the kitchen, putting new fly screens in, remodeling the back yard for my Mum, riding some trails, painting a few walls under bridges and whatnot.

The big thing will be getting some time in on my research project that I've started. Decided that I'm going PHD in a year or two and want to do some stuff with big data and geopolitical foresighting so I'm starting on the data collection now as it's all going to be manual, qualitative data that will take a serious commitment to achieve. The journey starts this Xmas.