hobbies

GREENOJOS

i've been feeling like doing some kind of hobby lately in my spare time and thinking about what i might want to do and i've always wanted to get a older car and fix it up. Probally a big body that's pretty long, like a 64 impala or an older lincoln continental. easy to work on the engine and fix up the interior and so forth. i'd eventually want to get hydro's and a nice system for it with some rims. I've always wanted to trick it out west coast style and cruise around.

anyhow, the point of this thread was, what are some good sites that sell used cars that you could maybe search in your area for?

what hobbies are you into? anyone ever fixed up some cars?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by ClueTwo@Jun 5 2005, 07:59 PM

Damn...I've always wanted an older Cadillac

haha...as soon as I started reading this thread...I started thinking about an old caddy. I got to drive a bad ass '59 convertible caddy one weekend a few years back. Thats when I fell in love with the lead sleds.

I've been thinking about getting a 70's 'boss hog' convertible...complete with bull horns.

chevrolet.impala58.vorne.jpg

if you want to go impala go with the 58...so much chrome, plus its got those great lines from the 50's but its starting to work its way into the big bidy cars of the 60's and 70's.

now if you want to talk big body of course there are your obvious shouces of the lincoln and the caddy along with several others but I am a redneck at heart and to me power is what matters. Thats why I would go with the 68-69 pontiac firebird.

1969%20Pontiac%20Firebird%20Stevens%20009.jpg

with a pontiac 400 in this baby and the engine tuned correctly Iw ould put this car up against any of these little rice rockets today on a 1/4 mile track. These cars are a work of art.

now if you are just wanting to cruise around and look like a badass I always would say go ealr to mid 50's...so many badass cars and so many things you can do witht he body's such at chopping the hood and sectioning the body to create a longer and sleeker look.

this 54' chevy is just badass

54chevy.jpg

ok ia m done giving my two cents on old school cars because if I don't shut up now I never will.

a generic 90's four door civic. if I remember correctly its got a built B-16 motor with a HUGE turbo and intercooler on it. one of my boys built the motor up when it was in his Del Sol...but the car was stolen and totalled. the engine survived.

hasn't lost yet as far as I know and has killed some seriously expensive European imports as well as domestic hp.

impressive...^^^^

I always wanted to get a crx and do a b-16a swap on it and fabricate my own inake and exhaust system. I won't dis on the imports too much because there is ALOT of bolt on horsepower for those cars.

I am thinking about buying a crx and just keeping it as a daily driver and saving up to do more engine work on my bronco. Cureently I have a smal block v6 in it with a cold air intake I built myself, along with upgraded plugs wires and an msd electronic ignition. Just a few small things to give it some more ummph and get more power of the gas its already using.

Eventually I am wanting to put a rebuilt boss 302 in there with a full blower build up, 3" pipes off the headers and a few random other goodies to make it my 4 wheeled casket.