Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

hobbies

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by GREENOJOS, Jun 4, 2005.

1. GREENOJOS

GREENOJOS Member

i've been feeling like doing some kind of hobby lately in my spare time and thinking about what i might want to do and i've always wanted to get a older car and fix it up. Probally a big body that's pretty long, like a 64 impala or an older lincoln continental. easy to work on the engine and fix up the interior and so forth. i'd eventually want to get hydro's and a nice system for it with some rims. I've always wanted to trick it out west coast style and cruise around.

anyhow, the point of this thread was, what are some good sites that sell used cars that you could maybe search in your area for?

what hobbies are you into? anyone ever fixed up some cars?

2. Zack Morris

Zack Morris Veteran Member

if there is a soecific model you are looking for ebay can sometimes be helpful, autotrader.com is usually a good one cars.com, check the personals in your local papers too.

3. Flayed God X

Flayed God X Member

64's are played out they are nice but everyones got one, cop the 69 instead:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

much more style

4. ClueTwo

ClueTwo Veteran Member

Damn...I've always wanted an older Cadillac, but have only settled with an S-10 for now..One of these days..

So obviously you havea garage or somewhere you plan on doing it? What about the tools??

5. Dirty_habiT

Dirty_habiT Administrator

You need forced induction before you get hydros.

6. SteveAustin

SteveAustin Veteran Member

haha...as soon as I started reading this thread...I started thinking about an old caddy. I got to drive a bad ass '59 convertible caddy one weekend a few years back. Thats when I fell in love with the lead sleds.

I've been thinking about getting a 70's 'boss hog' convertible...complete with bull horns.

7. Zack Morris

[​IMG]

if you want to go impala go with the 58...so much chrome, plus its got those great lines from the 50's but its starting to work its way into the big bidy cars of the 60's and 70's.

now if you want to talk big body of course there are your obvious shouces of the lincoln and the caddy along with several others but I am a redneck at heart and to me power is what matters. Thats why I would go with the 68-69 pontiac firebird.
    [​IMG]
    with a pontiac 400 in this baby and the engine tuned correctly Iw ould put this car up against any of these little rice rockets today on a 1/4 mile track. These cars are a work of art.

now if you are just wanting to cruise around and look like a badass I always would say go ealr to mid 50's...so many badass cars and so many things you can do witht he body's such at chopping the hood and sectioning the body to create a longer and sleeker look.

this 54' chevy is just badass
    [​IMG]

ok ia m done giving my two cents on old school cars because if I don't shut up now I never will.

8. SteveAustin

nice.

that 54 Chevy is just plain tight.

Zack...if you find the firebird with the 400 setup in it holler...I have a friend that has an import that will make you piss yourself after you hand him the pink slip.

'51 Merc.

[​IMG]

9. DiptInButter

DiptInButter Junior Member

68-72 cutlass or skylark, fuck yeah :love2:

10. Zack Morris

whats he got and whats under the hood or do you know?

11. SteveAustin

a generic 90's four door civic. if I remember correctly its got a built B-16 motor with a HUGE turbo and intercooler on it. one of my boys built the motor up when it was in his Del Sol...but the car was stolen and totalled. the engine survived.

hasn't lost yet as far as I know and has killed some seriously expensive European imports as well as domestic hp.

12. Zack Morris

impressive...^^^^

I always wanted to get a crx and do a b-16a swap on it and fabricate my own inake and exhaust system. I won't dis on the imports too much because there is ALOT of bolt on horsepower for those cars.

I am thinking about buying a crx and just keeping it as a daily driver and saving up to do more engine work on my bronco. Cureently I have a smal block v6 in it with a cold air intake I built myself, along with upgraded plugs wires and an msd electronic ignition. Just a few small things to give it some more ummph and get more power of the gas its already using.

Eventually I am wanting to put a rebuilt boss 302 in there with a full blower build up, 3" pipes off the headers and a few random other goodies to make it my 4 wheeled casket.