HO scale decals made from actual pieces... the MET SET...s...

So, for what I heard, Met hooked up with this guy who makes these decals for model railroading and sent him some flicks. I guess the guy liked the stuff and put out a "MET SET". Neigther Met or Kern are getting royalties, for what I heard, but I gues it's gotta be cool to have your own set of decals... If anyone has flicks of the pieces that the decals were made from, please post them. thank you and enjoy!

http://forms.flashbase.com/images/userimages/DanBell155527.image.MET1.jpg'>

http://forms.flashbase.com/images/userimages/DanBell155527.image.MET2.jpg'>

http://forms.flashbase.com/images/userimages/DanBell155527.image.MET3.jpg'>

http://forms.flashbase.com/images/userimages/DanBell155527.image.MET4.jpg'>

http://forms.flashbase.com/images/userimages/DanBell155527.image.MET5.jpg'>

------------------

http://forms.flashbase.com/images/userimages/DanBell155527.banner.gif'>

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

HEY! i sent some dude that did stickers like that some flicks once and he told me he didnt like the shit i sent him! anyway, those are dope and im sure they'll sell. have you seen the shit thats out there? most decal sets are horrible! plus im sure that guy will advertise it as "done by real graffiti vandals" or something...

------------------

Beware, he's possessed to skate!!

You know your getting some numbers when model companies start making decals of your pieces.

It's cool to see the exact piece the decal was made from. Nice find.

http://forms.flashbase.com/images/userimages/DanBell155527.image.metset.gif'>

http://forms.flashbase.com/images/userimages/DanBell155527.image.MET2.jpg'>

[This message has been edited by Mayor Bill Campbell (edited 08-01-2001).]

Guest THEBLACKESTWHITEBOY
Originally posted by ! Hoes Get Sex !:

not feeling kern.ever.where is the style???

WHY DOES THERE ALLWAYS GOT TO BE ONE HATER OUT THE BUNCH? KERN GOT STYLE HE GOT HIS OWN STYLE.HE DOES WHAT HE LIKES AND THATS WHAT GRAFF IS PAINTING CAUSE YOU LIKE TO PAINT. I AM SURE THAT WHEN KERN IS PAINTING HE AINT WORRIED ABOUT WHAT THE TOYS ON 12 OUNCE ARE GONNA SAY. MAYBE YOU SHOULD PUT THE MOUSE DOWN AND PICK UP A CAN AND CATCH UP TO KERN BEFORE YOU DOWN HIS GRAFF......

Originally posted by THEBLACKESTWHITEBOY:

WHY DOES THERE ALLWAYS GOT TO BE ONE HATER OUT THE BUNCH? KERN GOT STYLE HE GOT HIS OWN STYLE.HE DOES WHAT HE LIKES AND THATS WHAT GRAFF IS PAINTING CAUSE YOU LIKE TO PAINT. I AM SURE THAT WHEN KERN IS PAINTING HE AINT WORRIED ABOUT WHAT THE TOYS ON 12 OUNCE ARE GONNA SAY. MAYBE YOU SHOULD PUT THE MOUSE DOWN AND PICK UP A CAN AND CATCH UP TO KERN BEFORE YOU DOWN HIS GRAFF......

why are you worrying for him????

that's what i thought.

Guest THEBLACKESTWHITEBOY
Originally posted by suburbian bum:

I hate to turn this into a model railroad discussion, but where can you buy model cars off the net?

ON EBAY TYPE TRAINS IN THE SEARCH..

onEBAY type "HO boxcar" or "HO whatever" otherwise you'll get 50 billion things... go to the model railroading section, its devided by scales...

eiziv: you email me, i lost your addy...

------------------

http://forms.flashbase.com/images/userimages/DanBell155527.banner.gif'>

[This message has been edited by El Mas Sucio De Todos (edited 08-01-2001).]

About the style thing:

I dont mean to make this post about me or anything, but let me put in my 5 cents on the topic... "style" is a word that doesnt really mean anything, so it is often the point of dumb arguments and misunderstandings.

"Style" can mean something like "movement" as in how a piece flows. In that case, Ven and Rime, for example, have a lot of style and I have no style at all, neighter does, say Mber or Retina.

It can also mean originality and how creative you get. In that case Sento and Setup have all the style and the rest of us got shit.

It can also mean the "school" we belong to. For example wild style pieces with arrows, or the LA hyper-busy-metal style or the old school NY dopey style. In that case my "style" comes from people like Cycle and Felon, who influenced me greatly. Simple letters and to the point.

But most often people refer to each person's individual thing they do. the way they freak their letters or the way they like to use colors, or whatever... in that case we all have style. A style of our own.

It is true that I could give two shits what anyone (specially here) thinks of "my style", but I appreciate the ones who "stuck up" for me...

When I see a freight go by and it goes "BLAAAM!!" that makes me happy and thats what I try to do. For me it's not about how many arrows I can add to my letters, or how can I break the rules of typography. For me is all about staying true to the letter forms and bending the rules just enough to give them a kick in the ass. Others may chose to ignore (they probably don't even know) the rules of typography and to me that is were most people go wrong. Think about it. Those rules have been getting shaped and established for thousands of years, so that type achieves optimal legibility. The moment you break a rule, you make type harder to read. That maybe waht some are trying to do, but thats not my "style". If you're bored sometime, look up "KERN" in the dictionary, it may help explain a bit better where my "style" comes from... I'm not claiming to be some dope writter or anything, I never have. I'm still at awe of writers I paint with because of the ease they manipulate their letters with. I'm still learning, and as far as "style" I will always be a toy. Otherwise, I'd just get stuck. Who wants that?

That's it, "style" accoring to some random dude you've never met...

------------------

"Wimps and Posers, leave this Hall!" -Manowar

Originally posted by Kern1138:

About the style thing:

I dont mean to make this post about me or anything, but let me put in my 5 cents on the topic... "style" is a word that doesnt really mean anything, so it is often the point of dumb arguments and misunderstandings.

"Style" can mean something like "movement" as in how a piece flows. In that case, Ven and Rime, for example, have a lot of style and I have no style at all, neighter does, say Mber or Retina.

It can also mean originality and how creative you get. In that case Sento and Setup have all the style and the rest of us got shit.

It can also mean the "school" we belong to. For example wild style pieces with arrows, or the LA hyper-busy-metal style or the old school NY dopey style. In that case my "style" comes from people like Cycle and Felon, who influenced me greatly. Simple letters and to the point.

But most often people refer to each person's individual thing they do. the way they freak their letters or the way they like to use colors, or whatever... in that case we all have style. A style of our own.

It is true that I could give two shits what anyone (specially here) thinks of "my style", but I appreciate the ones who "stuck up" for me...

When I see a freight go by and it goes "BLAAAM!!" that makes me happy and thats what I try to do. For me it's not about how many arrows I can add to my letters, or how can I break the rules of typography. For me is all about staying true to the letter forms and bending the rules just enough to give them a kick in the ass. Others may chose to ignore (they probably don't even know) the rules of typography and to me that is were most people go wrong. Think about it. Those rules have been getting shaped and established for thousands of years, so that type achieves optimal legibility. The moment you break a rule, you make type harder to read. That maybe waht some are trying to do, but thats not my "style". If you're bored sometime, look up "KERN" in the dictionary, it may help explain a bit better where my "style" comes from... I'm not claiming to be some dope writter or anything, I never have. I'm still at awe of writers I paint with because of the ease they manipulate their letters with. I'm still learning, and as far as "style" I will always be a toy. Otherwise, I'd just get stuck. Who wants that?

That's it, "style" accoring to some random dude you've never met...

that wasn't bad man. not a hard pill to swallow at all. i know exactly what kern means and i was curious if it was that kind of relationship you had with you and your name.

good shit.

Archived