hittin the books..

rymewon

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest havek

yo dude your so wak it isnt readable i dont understand it, why isnt just a simple readable? whats wrong with u ?just tell me man, :o haha if it aint something u cant read or understand it just isnt worth it man=) people get off it.......... its called style what a lot of u kids on here lack or dont understand yo ryme can i buy them markers off of u ?lol peace ass monkee........... nothing but frog sheeps & turkeez :D

Guest SilpherGirl

i'm feeling the first one even tho it's seems a bit confusing to read. at least the background looks pretty nice. keep it up. =)

you have a good grasp of color in the firtst one however its too busy and doesn't allow the eye to focus in on anything. therefore leaving the viewer confused. the character's rendering doesn't fit. i actually like the second one in terms of design but you need to make the letters much stronger. try doing simple letters first and then incorporating that style. the third one, lose the background and make the letter thickness proportional. it gets thin then thick at different parts. also the color choice in the background doesn't make your letters pop choose an opposite color or shade

Guest stupid412
you have a good grasp of color in the firtst one however its too busy and doesn't allow the eye to focus in on anything. therefore leaving the viewer confused. the character's rendering doesn't fit. i actually like the second one in terms of design but you need to make the letters much stronger. try doing simple letters first and then incorporating that style. the third one, lose the background and make the letter thickness proportional. it gets thin then thick at different parts. also the color choice in the background doesn't make your letters pop choose an opposite color or shade

took the words right out of my mouth..:D

Originally posted by serum

so your saying that all letters should be the same width, height and length in a piece, with no variance of line or shape?.

you have to learn the rules before you can break them. but even when you are drawing a piece it looks strange if your lEttErS loOkeD LikE tHis. keep them proportional, basically the same height and length, also put space between them like this c y z m. the letter thickness can be tweaked a bit but imagine that your letters have to support a heavy object. the parts that are too thin are going to break. so either loose them or renforce them. bottom line keep the structure proportional. i hope this helps

Guest havek

NOT REALLY NONE OF MY BIZ OR BRING ANYONE DOWN ON THERE OPINION BUT EVERYONE ONE SEEMS 2 THINK RYME/CYZM HAS JUST STARTED PAINTING OR DRAWING IN HIS BOOK DUDES BEEN OUT 4 A MIN AN HAS ROCKED MAD SHIT IM SURE HE KNOWS THE CONCEPTS OF GRAFF OR THE LAYOUTS 4 BEGINNERS IF U HAVE EXPERIENCE IN THAT AREA U MOVE ON 2 MORE COMPLEX THINGS AND ROCK DIFFERENT STYLES WITH ODD THINGS ITS CREATIVITY AND U EXPAND BY ROCKING THINGS THAT ARE NOT THE BASICS OF EVERYOTHER PERSON DOES, AND THATS WHAT CYZM SHOWS PEACE

havek i don't know if youre directing your comments towards me but its called constructive criticism. if i was ragging on him i would have said your shit sucks and would have moved on. i like the first two but the third one was lacking proportion. i gave him my two cents nothing more nothing less.

Guest havek

YEAH YEAH NO DOUBT MAN I FEEL U...... EVERY ONE OPIONATED 2 THERE OWN OPINION IT WASN'T DIRECTED 2 ANY ONE PERSON PEACE :crazy:

Guest eleven17

serum...hahaha....i feel you on the letter proportion...and cyzm has been there and then surpassed it to another level...i believe Dondi was a big one on proportion...and creating balanced letters..youve probrobly read his book and are highly influenced by the man...as am i....and for wut its worth he was known as the king of style for it...but im a strong believer in the progression of graffiti not regression or a standstill...so when ryme/cyzm comes out with a style like this and you obviously know he has some years behind his work judge him not from wut he should be doing....but praise him for the unique style.that i know you fellas havent seen b4....obviously there are some graffiti rules that he broke....and some day i hope we all learn that rules are meant to be broken...im a strong believer in when youve learned all of the rules and the guidlines...then you have to throw them out the window so they do not hinder progression....not saying your first attempts are going to be great...but take wut you know and bring it to the unknown...boldly go where no man has ever gone b4....but anyways....bottom line....graffiti is an ego trip strictly bent on getting fame and recognition...and weather you like it or not....you cannot mistake cyzms style for another....you will not even have to be able to read it....which by the way...once youve learned his letter structure is a pleasure in itself....and you will be able to know that it is the one and only cyzm....so put him down for being different....but also remember you are being hypocritical in your search for a "different" stlye....this was not directed at any one person....just my veiw among many...peace fellas....cry81

Guest havek
Originally posted by eleven17

serum...hahaha....i feel you on the letter proportion...and cyzm has been there and then surpassed it to another level...i believe Dondi was a big one on proportion...and creating balanced letters..youve probrobly read his book and are highly influenced by the man...as am i....and for wut its worth he was known as the king of style for it...but im a strong believer in the progression of graffiti not regression or a standstill...so when ryme/cyzm comes out with a style like this and you obviously know he has some years behind his work judge him not from wut he should be doing....but praise him for the unique style.that i know you fellas havent seen b4....obviously there are some graffiti rules that he broke....and some day i hope we all learn that rules are meant to be broken...im a strong believer in when youve learned all of the rules and the guidlines...then you have to throw them out the window so they do not hinder progression....not saying your first attempts are going to be great...but take wut you know and bring it to the unknown...boldly go where no man has ever gone b4....but anyways....bottom line....graffiti is an ego trip strictly bent on getting fame and recognition...and weather you like it or not....you cannot mistake cyzms style for another....you will not even have to be able to read it....which by the way...once youve learned his letter structure is a pleasure in itself....and you will be able to know that it is the one and only cyzm....so put him down for being different....but also remember you are being hypocritical in your search for a "different" stlye....this was not directed at any one person....just my veiw among many...peace fellas....cry81

hahaha yeah u spoke that right hazard jr.

Guest imported_Tesseract

Mamerrosvky...get off that lazy ass of yours and go paint that shit!!!:)

AMAZING,...rules suck, go go go

Archived