Hitchhikers guide

FunktionOne

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by MrChupacabra@Apr 30 2005, 12:56 PM

The books are great. I'm going to be disappointed if they fucked it up.

thats the only thing thats stopped me from seeing it. I'm such a die hard fan of the book that I would hate to see them fuck it up even though I've been waiting 2 years for this movie to finally come out.

...it's good...i read the book (...well one of them...) when i was a kid...the movie was definanyly entertaining...english humor, only americanized enough to be able to capitalize on mass market...mos does a good job (...although i wouldn't classify it as an english accent...he just speaks more articulating and slightly uppity...) along with the rest of the cast...the puppets rule!...

...worth seeing...whether you've read the books or not...

Originally posted by porque@May 1 2005, 02:34 PM

...it's good...i read the book (...well one of them...) when i was a kid...the movie was definanyly entertaining...english humor, only americanized enough to be able to capitalize on mass market...mos does a good job (...although i wouldn't classify it as an english accent...he just speaks more articulating and slightly uppity...) along with the rest of the cast...the puppets rule!...

...worth seeing...whether you've read the books or not...

...?

Guest KING OF HELL
Originally posted by westy@Apr 30 2005, 08:13 AM

Hmm I'm not so sure about this one. Looks like 'Spaceballs' or 'Dune' or something.

and thats a bad thing?... in any fashion?

Guest willy.wonka

i saw a beautiful Australian girl last night and we all guessed that she had a very hairy pussy.

but im lookin foward to seeing this movie

I've never read the book but I watched that shit this weekend out of boredom... it seemed to me the entire point of the story was not to get caught up in the details and just enjoy the fucked up visuals.

I guess that was the ever-so-artsy movie-to-life moral they were trying to hit us with...

Speaking of Spaceballs, the new special edition is out. Here's a mini review from the free hipster Boston newspaper, The Weekly Dig:

"SPACEBALLS: COLLECTOR’S EDITION

GENRE | COMEDY | STUDIO | MGM | RELEASE DATE | 5.3.05 | RATED | PG | PRICE | $29.98

Some things never change: The Spaceballs’ ship is still full of Assholes, and this film is still hilarious nearly 20 years after its debut. The collector’s edition, saturated with extras, is a major upgrade from the original Spaceballs DVD release. They’ve cleaned up the picture quality—Pizza the Hutt’s oozing face-craters have never looked so, um, crisp. Mel Brooks’ commentary track offers plenty of laughs, although not always on purpose (like when he haltingly describes headphones as “earmuff radio … phones”). You can also hear the film dubbed into several languages, including Dink and Mog, or view it in Ludicrous Speed. The second disc contains a short documentary (from which Rick Moranis is conspicuously absent), a tribute to the late John Candy, an inane trivia game and a hall of shame that points out the film’s inconsistencies, much to the shrieking delight of eagle-eyed Spaceballs geeks. [sHAULA CLARK]

"

That's right, Dink and Mog dubs and Ludicrous Speed!