history of graffiti?

StIdesChurch

hey, i gotta do a retarded little presentation for class on the history of graffiti. anyone know any spots online that have histories of graffiti? particularly when it first started/early subway days? i know enough to throw something together but id like to be as accurate as possible. thanks a lot in advance.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by 2BLAZZED

http://forumspam.articblue.nl/post_related/hints/images/0525.jpg'>

u no u just wanna be down wit the culture and be cool...or else u wouldnt need no website to tell u...

i know how graffiti started and shit, but i dont know dates and things that i need to know. "Uhhh taki 183 uhhh cornbread uhhh i dont know when"

Originally posted by StIdesChurch

hey, i gotta do a retarded little presentation for class on the history of graffiti. anyone know any spots online that have histories of graffiti? particularly when it first started/early subway days? i know enough to throw something together but id like to be as accurate as possible. thanks a lot in advance.

http://www.at149st.com

The site goes pretty in depth on NYC graffiti.

Yeah, technically it started in Philly a few years before in the late 60's, but with all due respect to Philly, NY was the one that blew it up, came with all the styles and the train-bombing culture and the whole 9 yards.

Cholo graffiti art was going on in East Los Angeles since the 1930's. Two different styles, yeah. But if you look at writers today from L.A., a lot of their style is influenced from not only from NY wildstyle but from Cholo graffiti art and L.A. gang graffiti (which itself is inherited from the original Cholo art).

Also, why is this in Channel Zero?

Originally posted by Mr. ABC

you're doing a school project about graffiti. you can't be older than 16, or else you're just stupid. make sure to bring an apple for the teacher so she gives you an A and a smily face!!

im not in high school shit face. anthropology. credit filler. stupid project.

and if i knew how to delete this thread i would. yeah thanks theo, that site helped a lot.

knob creek is the best kind of bourbon out there.

no it's not.

im not in high school shit face. anthropology. credit filler. stupid project.

ok, so then you fit into the latter category of "stupid"

Archived