Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

HIPHOP'S DEMISE

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by ASER1NE, Dec 13, 2001.

1. ASER1NE

ASER1NE Veteran Member

OKAY THIS REALLY MAKES ME MAD.....I NOTICED IN THE LAST FEW YEARS THAT 'RAP' ARTISTS ARE SUDDENLY SAYING THEY R 'HIP HOP' . THIS MAKES ME ANGRY BC YEARS AGO HIP HOP WASNT VERY POPULAR AND MOST PPL WERE LIKE RAP IS THE SHIT , HIP HOP IS CRAP BLAH BLAH BLAH. THEN ONCE RAP GOT A BAD NAME ( BIG & TUPAC DEATHS) ALL THE CRAPPY RAP 'ARTISTS'( NOT EVEN ARTISTS WITH LYRICS LIKE THAT) STOPPED PLUGGING RAP AND WERE ALL OF A SUDDEN HIP HOP....WHAT THE FUK IS UP WITH THAT......IT MAKES ME VOMIT WHEN I SEE MUSIC AWARDS OR TV SHOWS AND CRAPPY ARTISTS LIKE JAY Z AND JADAKISS ARE NOMINATED OR WHATEVER

I CONSIDER REAL DOPE HIPHOP ARTISTS LIKE , SLUG , GROUCH , DELL , AESOP ROCK ,BUCK 65 , 4TH WORLD OCCUPANTS , ELIGH , SUPERNAT , EYEDEA ETC ETC..................NOT GARBAGE LIKE RUFF RYDERS , CASH MONEY , JAYZ , ETCETC.........

IS IT JUST ME OR WHAT , IF SO THEN WHERE IS HIP HOP HEADED TOWARDS? WHAT YALL THINK

2. chicken bone

chicken bone Guest

3. Obsessed

Obsessed Guest

haha the whole reason i clicked on this thread was to bitch about how everything that rhymes now is called hip-hop, but i see it has been done so bye!

4. johnny rebel

johnny rebel Member

we dont die we multiply underground hip hop is stronger than ever. the mainstream has been wack for years live with it

5. johnny rebel

johnny rebel Member

jay z is actually good sometimes too. i really like the song girlz

6. George Dubyah Bush

George Dubyah Bush Senior Member

Yup

I gave up on listening to new rap so long ago. Fuck it, ever since going to my first hardcore show a few months ago im listening to all this great new hardcore music and bands religiously.

7. FLiPWriTeR

FLiPWriTeR Member

its all about some kweli and mos def..
    oh krs too!

8. bodice_ripper

bodice_ripper Elite Member

<-------------------------dancing on hiphop's grave

9. BIG T

BIG T Member

it is just music. either you like it or you dont who gives a fuck what the A&R's lable it.:confused: :confused:

10. 455

455 Guest

yeah,I feel that the music itself has taken a turn for the worst..I've lately even heard "underground" artists start to morph into a mainstream sound...people that were good 4 and 5 years ago have changed and these days in seems hard to feel what they are doing because you know what they are capable of...Even if an MC changes his or her style, what it boils down to is the production and beats..Take a producer such as The Alchemist...this guy can turn almost anything into a head-nodding track..or Premier,Pete Rock,Hi-Tek...at the same time you see producers go a different route...such as the Beatminerz.---I don't like what Jay-Z is doing but does anyone the "In My Lifetime" single from '94 on Payday records?..Premier and Ski(from Original Flavor) did those tracks..it sounded ill..nothing compared to what he is doing now.I like many artists...lately I have been listening to 7L and Esoteric,Skitsophrenik,old Scientifik,the Living Legends and Quantum.

11. boogie hands

boogie hands 12oz Legend

hahhaha.....sold all my hip hop records so i could pick up a case of crystal and some 22s for my navigator.....hit me on my two way.....holla!